✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Since the preview of Higher Power came out I was afraid I wouldn't appreciate the song very much. Well, I was right. Unfortunately I think this new album will have an AHFOD vibe and AHFOD is my least favourite album by Coldplay.

In the end, that's ok. The guys should do what they feel it's comfortable for them. I still love this band so much and they deserve all the happiest things in the world!

Hope I can appreciate some songs of their new project in the future ??

Edited by pectoralz96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Finally!. It's not a bad song, but I remember the very first time I listened "Paradise". I considered it real garbage...Β  Β until I heard the live version. Then I loved the song.. and still I consider that the live version is another world compared with the studio version.

Something similar I had with Higher Power. I follow Coldplay since the beginnings...Β  they are and will be a huge influence for me, so, I'm waiting the live version for feeling such unique power that Coldplay give us always!

• Like 5

Higher Power, boy I was not excepting this...Β 

It reminds me so much of Ghost Stories, but a Happy Ghost Stories, (maybe it’s the synth that gives it this empty, or space feel, I think someone already mentioned here),with the best qualities of AHFOD sprinkled on top. I like it, because if this is the sound of their single (the most comercial song from the album)... it means we can get some cool, special and even different songs on the album!!!!Β 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ciaA26 said:

I'll also add that the lyrics don't stand out as being so bad in the context of the song. Sure, they aren't incredible but the melody is so strong that it makes up for them. Also, bonus points for choreographed Chris!

I agree, sometimes, it okay to go straight to the facts and just say it/write it!!!Β Hehe ?

• stephen changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Higher Power Out Now!

I absolutely love this single within its context, 80s synth vibes, very "Dancing in the dark" by Springsteen, which HLS and Birds were also inspired by.

It's definitely an amazing song, when it comes to pop Coldplay, this is definitely their peak so far, a little bit like a better produced MX song. Definitely miles above AHFOD.

Then again I am biased, I am a whore for anything 80s adjacent so this song falls right in that bracket!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

The song is already growing on me after just a few more listens on repeat. It's not perfect but it's one of Coldplay's better "pop moments" of the last decade or so. And just because this one is clearly aiming to be a massive hit, doesn't mean the entire album is going to sound just like it. We might get spacey songs that are more along the lines of X&Y, kind of like the ethereal sounds of Moving To Mars and All I Can Think About Is You. Maybe even something like ALIENS or Hypnotised. So I'm still hyped for what's next. This is an exciting time.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Yes agree that even if Higher Power isn't perfect, it feels like we could getting an album with some truly fun colors, textures and vibes. My fingers are crossed that Higher Power and only one other song are super pop oriented and that the rest of the album will include tons of guitar and more weird vocalisations. I hope it can at least maintain as many alternative sounding songs as MX,GS,AHFOD eras.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yasuko said:

The Race and another song seemΒ to be leaked.
Β 

The Race leaked a while ago. It isn't difficult to find a full version, which is apparently the version that was cut from Ghost Stories. I wonder if you're referring to that version. ? In fact, I first heard it just the other day.

31 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Maybe a dark sounding song like Midnight and Yes?

Yes please! And speaking of Midnight, I'm really hoping Jon Hopkins is working with them again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

matt whitecross said coldplay is always looking for its own KID A (revolutionary album in the band Radiohead) sorry to say this is not the way. Not like that guys.

I really love this band very much and I expect much more and less from the AHFOD way

• Like 1

With them from parachutes and absolutely love this one. Have long wanted a band like Coldplay to pick up sounds from those 80's drum patterns. Feeling some Phil Collins vibes here. Excited for the album!!Β 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dherlax said:

matt whitecross said coldplay is always looking for its own KID A (revolutionary album in the band Radiohead) sorry to say this is not the way. Not like that guys.

I really love this band very much and I expect much more and less from the AHFOD way

Their KIDΒ A was AROBTTH in my opinion.Β 

Having seen the video, I now suspect there may be more to the BRITS performance than the leaked video and pictures would have us believe… Could a thousand holographic dancing aliens be about to descend on the O2?Β 

• Like 4

Gotta say Orphans and now Higher Power, they are smashing lead singles. The rest of the album will be interesting too i think, the vibe feels right. Feels more inspired than during the AHFOD time for instance. We got oldplay in Everyday Life. Bring it on with some smash records for the live shows.

• Like 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion