✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

16 minutes ago, Coeurli said:

So far what i'm gathering:

- Chris eventually admitted that yes they are working on an album (on most interviews he tried to make it sound like there was nothing specific going on lol) :laugh3:

- The concept around the album involves several planets, he mentions "Kaotica and its surrounding planets". A lot of it is a metaphor for Earth, so we can expect political messages as in the AHFOD/Kaleidoscope era.

- Max Martin is the main producer confirmed so far. He seems to be heavily involved in the album (see the Zane Lowe interview). They're probably working with other folks as well but he's the only one mentioned in the interviews.Β 

- Video for Higher Power coming sometime in early June probably (Chris said it's coming out in about a month)

- They were very careful not to reveal anything at all about the album so it's hard to have anything else. However I have not watched the Will & Guy interview yet, maybe there's something there.

Ooh very interesting thank you for this!Β 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Coeurli said:

I do think there's a big difference in the fact that, according to interviews, Chris and Max have actually been friends and trying to work together for several years. So i don't think it's necessarily the same dynamic as with Stargate.

I read up on the success of Blinding Lights yesterday and I saw that the Weeknd has usedΒ EXACTLY the same word about Max Martin, curiously. That they have a great friendship and it's like a marriage that has come together...

Well, IΒ΄m a quite disapointed because Chris said after AHFOD that Coldplay will not do an conventional album in the future, that they are now in other "stage". This was true with EL. But it seems that this new LP (ΒΏMusic ofΒ the spheres?) will be another conventional album with more pop songs instead rock/pop-rock of their early albums. We will see. I wish IΒ΄m wrong.

Β 

About the song. I think its better than pthers pop hits like SJLT o SKY, but is very pop. And its sad no hear any Jhony solo...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Coeurli said:

So far what i'm gathering:

- Chris eventually admitted that yes they are working on an album (on most interviews he tried to make it sound like there was nothing specific going on lol) :laugh3:

- The concept around the album involves several planets, he mentions "Kaotica and its surrounding planets". A lot of it is a metaphor for Earth, so we can expect political messages as in the AHFOD/Kaleidoscope era.

- Max Martin is the main producer confirmed so far. He seems to be heavily involved in the album (see the Zane Lowe interview). They're probably working with other folks as well but he's the only one mentioned in the interviews.Β 

- Video for Higher Power coming sometime in early June probably (Chris said it's coming out in about a month)

- They were very careful not to reveal anything at all about the album so it's hard to have anything else. However I have not watched the Will & Guy interview yet, maybe there's something there.

Do you think it's true that they're "working om an album"?Β 

I think at this point the album is finished.

• Like 1

I don't think the album is finished yet so maybe we have a similar situation to Mylo Xyloto here where they debuted ETIAW and other songs before releasing an album in the fall. The general feel of the album should be close to what they had with Higher Power, since Max Martin is now the main man for them.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, I ran away said:

I read up on the success of Blinding Lights yesterday and I saw that the Weeknd has usedΒ EXACTLY the same word about Max Martin, curiously. That they have a great friendship and it's like a marriage that has come together...

I personally think Blinding Lights and Save Your tearsΒ are excellent songs so that m.o.Β seems to beΒ working well for all parties involved! :awesome:Β 

Also Chris sounds really, really, really excited about working with Max Martin (and not because of his status), so it's probably been quite a creative time for them.

45 minutes ago, ToniMoreno said:

Well, IΒ΄m a quite disapointed because Chris said after AHFOD that Coldplay will not do an conventional album in the future, that they are now in other "stage". This was true with EL. But it seems that this new LP (ΒΏMusic ofΒ the spheres?) will be another conventional album with more pop songs instead rock/pop-rock of their early albums. We will see. I wish IΒ΄m wrong.

Β 

About the song. I think its better than pthers pop hits like SJLT o SKY, but is very pop. And its sad no hear any Jhony solo...

Conventional doesn't necessarily mean in terms of music genre... So far they've launched their hit song from space, invented a whole ass world and language and are working on a more environmentally friendly tour.... It's not exactly conventional :laugh3:Β 

Also we know nothing as to what the album is going to sound like. Apparently there will be lots of collaborations (maybe like in EL), which can lead to rather unconventional results!

44 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Do you think it's true that they're "working om an album"?Β 

I think at this point the album is finished.

It could be but there is no way of knowing. My point was that Coldplay has not admitted publicly to even be working on an album at all. Chris only accidentally confirmed that Higher Power is part of the next album. :laugh3:Β 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miha said:

I don't think the album is finished yet so maybe we have a similar situation to Mylo Xyloto here where they debuted ETIAW and other songs before releasing an album in the fall. The general feel of the album should be close to what they had with Higher Power, since Max Martin is now the main man for them.Β 

Β 

Β 

You could be right. I just think that there is so much stuff going on. Seems like they've got the concept ready and are ready to drop the bomb ?Β 

On the topic of conventional albums... Chris says a lot of stuff and when he said that I took it with a grain of salt. Coldplay is worth hundreds of millions to their record label so big collabs and Tik Tok attempts like HP are inevitable.Β 

What he may mean is that we may never get an album that tried to stick to conventional formatting ever again. On Zane Lowe he spoke of how many artists drop tons of singles and lump them into a project because nowyou can explore so many genres. So perhaps Music of the Spheres conceptually is different planets and genres -- Kaotica has 80's music, some other planet has latin music,etc. Idk, but I agree we could see a Kaotica or Alien Radio EP this summer as they finish the upcoming album. Maybe it'll be a double record again? Who knows, but HP will probably be the only thing we have for the next month or two.Β 

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 7

In the interviews, chris said theyΒ have a lot to share with us.Β They wanted to come out with it as early as 2020, but because of the pandemic it didn't work. it's clear to me that the new album is already finished. the boys are just waiting to see how the pandemic develops. They'll release the album when they think it's time for it.Β 

So to me it seems like the album is already finished.

That they have now released the single and are observing the situation and want to release the album at the end of the year is due to the pandemic. TheyΒ want to see how it develops

Β 

Edited by maeli
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, I ran away said:

Not gonna lie, hearing in a couple of interviews (e.g. Zane Lowe) today that Chris had to audition the songs for Max Martin before the producer decided if he would work on them gave me traumatic pre-AHFOD album release flashbacks. Because in interviews back then Chris said the exact same thing about Stargate.

I know Max Martin is leagues above Stargate, but still i feel this spells no good for the album. I feel like all recent albums where big name producers had a power over the band's input weren't as good as the ones where the producers were less high-profile people who grew up alongside the band and have worked with them for a long time like Rik Simpson, Dan Green and the Dream Team.

Sometimes I feel like the guys listen to much to their producers and forget how genius they are. I heard this outsider influence in High Power. They're totally capable of doing great pop songs by themselves. I wish they could remember that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pectoralz96 said:

Sometimes I feel like the guys listen to much to their producers and forget how genius they are. I heard this outsider influence in High Power. They're totally capable of doing great pop songs by themselves. I wish they could remember that.

You are absolutely right. Sometimes I think Chris is lying to himself. For me this action with Stargate and now with Max Martin seems like they really want a new number 1 single ... But they forget that they got the last good singles with Brian Eno and RikΒ ... a bit weird the whole thing ...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Adversary said:

I’m going to vote with my wallet this time and simply not buy the album.Β 

We've only heard one song from the album, so I think making the decision not to buy it up to a year before the album releases is a bit of an overreaction. I didn't like Higher Power but I'm not going to disregard the rest of Music Of The Spheres because of it.

• Like 3

About the album being finished or not, in one of the interviews Will and Guy did, they were asked if the album name would be alien radio. Guy said they are still working on it, so they don't know. Will added that there is a lot to still do. I do think they are still working on it (definitely lying about not knowing the name), but most of the songs, if not all, are already there. I'm expecting the album to land in a few months as well. With more opportunities to promote in person, have a few promo shows in different locations.Β 

I am excited for the idea that songs are coming from different planets to make up an album called music of the spheres. It can end up being even more varied than EL genres. But all we can safely assume for now is that we will get a commercial album this time around, not another EL.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, gai said:

About the album being finished or not, in one of the interviews Will and Guy did, they were asked if the album name would be alien radio. Guy said they are still working on it, so they don't know. Will added that there is a lot to still do. I do think they are still working on it (definitely lying about not knowing the name), but most of the songs, if not all, are already there. I'm expecting the album to land in a few months as well. With more opportunities to promote in person, have a few promo shows in different locations.Β 

I am excited for the idea that songs are coming from different planets to make up an album called music of the spheres. It can end up being even more varied than EL genres. But all we can safely assume for now is that we will get a commercial album this time around, not another EL.

Perhaps it's like you say, only design, tracklisting etc left to do. And yeah I think they know what the name of the album is finns be = Music Of The Spheres ?

• Like 1

Looks like they're using even more MX-style designs on the instruments than what could be seen in the Higher Power video. I can'tΒ see it too well but it looks like theΒ writing is in Kaotican. IΒ wish I couldΒ translate it, but it's too blurry to be done very easily. If I had a little more time this evening, I'd sit down and try to decode it. If it's anything like the MX graffiti writing, it may consist of song lyrics.

1648585194_Screenshot2021-05-097_49_28PM.thumb.png.7ca674d717f580f1352f4aebcbb0a66a.png

Β 

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Very interesting. I counted 11 planets(with the infinite symbol). Maybe we can look forward to 10 more songs? Higher power sounds great live.

Edited by maeli
  • Like 11
  • Wow 1

Ok so I try and not complain about big differences between the studio and live versions of songs because it’s nice for live versions to pack an extra punch but WOW I wish Johnny was so up in the mix on the studio version like he is in on the live version, sounds amazingΒ 
Β 

Β 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion