✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

On 5/18/2022 at 10:06 PM, ColdplayingMama said:

Oh my! If he does, I hope it's the show on the 28th because that's the show I'm going to!

I'm just still holding out hope that I'll get to hear Coloratura...

I hope so too I’m also going on the 28th!!! Hoping for Coloratura too. And a Jon’s Hopkins cameo would be super fun!!!

Relatedly, does anyone have advice on where to stand, when to arrive, etc? When do they sound check? I’ve never been to a Coldplay show yet!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope a few clips will be re-posted on YouTube later however The Weridos (the alien puppet band) and Chris Martin are on Jimmy Fallon tonight.

Just saw them give a mini interview. They talked about how Chris met The Weridos group. Apparently it was after he finished a manicure, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't followed the band in months. I'm gonna see them today, and I got curious about the setlist, so I looked at some of the past shows, and I can't believe what I saw. Biutyful as a closer? Seriously? I mean, beautiful as a filler track for the album was okay, but as a concert closer?! Who the hell is advising the band?😕 

12 hours ago, Shakersonic123 said:

Haven't followed the band in months. I'm gonna see them today, and I got curious about the setlist, so I looked at some of the past shows, and I can't believe what I saw. Biutyful as a closer? Seriously? I mean, beautiful as a filler track for the album was okay, but as a concert closer?! Who the hell is advising the band?😕 

It's probably the next single so I don't think the band sees it as a filler 😅

6 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

It's probably the next single so I don't think the band sees it as a filler 😅

They performed it at Jimmy Fallon, so you're right. It must be a single, and they tweaked the outro, so the ending of the concert wasn't bad actually. For me, it's just an odd choice given that they have plenty of other songs that could be better as closers. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

For anyone looking in their crystal, what do you think is the likelihood the setlist will be significantly different - read - will Coloratura get played during the Latin American tour pt2? I feel like the first month of shows in Mexico was extremely instrumental and diverse in the songs - including multiple Coloratura performances, Gravity getting played. Yet when I saw them in Chicago, the most experimental thing that happened was ETIAW getting played the 1 time during this tour, and a cool cameo from Lupe Fiasco. But in terms of presenting a diverse slice of Coldplay songs, I was not satisfied. Therefore, I am seriously considering going to Argentina to see one of the shows there - but what if I end up going and not hearing Coloratura again? 😕 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like this album's held up very well. I haven't seen setlists from this tour but it's a rare thing to be going to see a band who are 9 albums in and to be every bit as stoked on the new stuff as you are the classics.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 9:12 PM, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

For anyone looking in their crystal, what do you think is the likelihood the setlist will be significantly different - read - will Coloratura get played during the Latin American tour pt2? I feel like the first month of shows in Mexico was extremely instrumental and diverse in the songs - including multiple Coloratura performances, Gravity getting played. Yet when I saw them in Chicago, the most experimental thing that happened was ETIAW getting played the 1 time during this tour, and a cool cameo from Lupe Fiasco. But in terms of presenting a diverse slice of Coldplay songs, I was not satisfied. Therefore, I am seriously considering going to Argentina to see one of the shows there - but what if I end up going and not hearing Coloratura again? 😕 

I'm from South America and the expectations that I have is that the band will continue playing basically the same setlist from the European shows at every single gig. The only tweaks I see them doing are the potential local cover they'll do in the C Stage and maybe some Parachutes rare song in one of the brazilian shows.

Regarding Coloratura, I have given all my hopes up of the band ever playing it again in a stadium show. But if it ever comes back I see it happening at one or two of the Buenos Aires shows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, JM-42 said:

I'm from South America and the expectations that I have is that the band will continue playing basically the same setlist from the European shows at every single gig. The only tweaks I see them doing are the potential local cover they'll do in the C Stage and maybe some Parachutes rare song in one of the brazilian shows.

Regarding Coloratura, I have given all my hopes up of the band ever playing it again in a stadium show. But if it ever comes back I see it happening at one or two of the Buenos Aires shows.

At least we got chopped up Coloratura at 1 night of Santiago!!!

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

Does anyone among you remember where did Coldplay describe all the songs from MOTS1? I recall they wrote somewhere that Max Martin wanted to cut "Coloratura" to a 3min song and that Jon Hopkins had created the sound at the end of "Humankind". Stuff like that.

Was that on Spotify? I can't remember, and I would be very pleased if someone could copy here those descriptions or send a link to them. 😉

• 2 months later...