✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

4 minutes ago, stepstr said:

noticed that too half an hour ago! presumably he got taken down...

Actually, the account was legit.. the video they uploaded matches with the leaked song, and it was uploaded earlier than the full songΒ ! Anyone remember info about that account? I remember the 7.7 and something like Gold Age I + beware of the empereor or something like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 4063 said:

Actually, the account was legit.. the video they uploaded matches with the leaked song, and it was uploaded earlier than the full songΒ ! Anyone remember info about that account? I remember the 7.7 and something like Gold Age I + beware of the empereor or something like that

well mostly it was keen on the date and that's it. it did post some weird cryptic stuff though

2 minutes ago, AnaMarie said:

Does someone remember some of the things posted? Maybe we can decipher it... just for fun! Even if it’s not legit ??

7..7 (a date), goldage I + beware of emperor?

f/2.024??

Β 

Aperture is based on f-values, so this twitter account is essentially saying to set a camera's aperture to f/2.024 ?? Which doesn't really exist on a camera, but an aperture of f/2 is fairly standard.Β 

But what are we supposed to look at? Seems pretty trolly.Β 

could be a countdown..... Β  becauseΒ there is a full moon at the end and in theΒ beginningΒ there`s no full moon.

it makes no sense the change because ifΒ I`m not wrong today is a full moon

Edited by amazingnico

Wait, didn’t the moon thingy on the website always change according to the stance of the moon? Am I missing something?

Also, pretty sure the band didn’t leak an old, unfinished version of their own song. From a marketing point of view that doesn’t make much sense I think?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Just a few things to add:

That account was fake although they were probably the ones who leaked the race.

The moon thingy has been there since AHFOD. It's probably just apart of their aesthetic at this point. It's never lead to anything important

• Thanks 1

It may simply be nothing. But that still doesn’t explain why they wouldΒ put the moon phase onΒ their cover photo/twitter handle off to the side if they weren’t trying to tease or hint at something coming soon. Also I don’t recall it being there before ahfod but I could be wrong about that.

Looking at those moons, I'm only able to think of one thing it could indicate. Obviously, they are just the regular phases of the moon and change with the moon's actual phase. IF the moons will indicate something, it's not going to be just those moons. The tab icon / favicon for the coldplay website has changed to the shape of the moon recently. To me, this matches the 6th moon the closest (the next phase, not the one that's currently active). To me, that would be the only reasonably logical moment to announce something. The moon phases themselves have been there since AHFOD, but certainly not before. It would be weird if just the phases will indicate something which they planned for back in the AHFOD webdesign stage.

I think the Race is definitely getting released soon. The leak is getting aggressively taken down everywhere, from Youtube to Twitter. Other Coldplay demos or leaks (i.e.: Vitamins etc.) aren't getting taken down like this.

To put this into perspective, during the buildup to Avicii's posthumous album, a version of Heaven (featuring Chris!) got leaked. This version was different than the one that ended up being released on the final album, but nevertheless, it got taken down pretty aggressively all over the internet. Before this leak, another version of Heaven was circling around the internet, featuring Simon Aldred instead of Chris, but this was not taken down at that time.Β 

So, I think this is a sign of a release coming soon!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic