🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
DJK

Coldplay LP9 Rumours - FFTF 2024 | Music of the Spheres

On 8/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, amazingnico said:

The background space pic and the mountains looks like the Mots pic from EL booklet

This feels like a direct reference to it... Guy has been sharing a bunch of surreal artwork from different artists lately. Maybe he just loves surrealism... or he's just sharing some art from the people the band has been working with lately! :O

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

This feels like a direct reference to it... Guy has been sharing a bunch of surreal artwork from different artists lately. Maybe he just loves surrealism... or he's just sharing some art from the people the band has been working with lately! :O

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I wish it was true though.

The artist whose art has been shared by Guy on his IG acc said on Twitter that she hasn't been contacted by the band in any way (yet?).

This is literally what she said on Twitter:

''Oh my God lmaooooo As of right now: they haven’t contacted me for art or licensed anything!! I think he just liked the piece and wanted to post it! ''

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot I made from Twitter:

PostWook.PNG.cf41d1980bdf3e80a19abbd25a30288a.PNG

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Guy confirm in an interview that they're working on the 9th coldplay album 

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Care 1

I was originally going to put this in a new thread (and it may well have already been covered in this one) but here we go...

The Coldplay website was recently updated to remove the Everyday Life cover and instead the site has reverted to a neutral theme with AHFOD/Kaleidoscope rainbow theming. This is strange because Everyday Life is a recent album, but as we know, Chris Martin has said that there's a new Coldplay album coming 'soon'. This isn't what this post is about, however. It's about the little icons at the top right of the website showing the different stages of the moon. Currently, it is one away from a full circle, a sphere (the next album is thought to be called Music of the Spheres).

moons1.PNG.ff6ff13e7133b50172ed6d715cc59cf9.PNG

It moves frequently (presumably along with the real moon cycles). This screenshot, taken using the Wayback Machine, shows it at the first stage in late July.

moons2.PNG.5e75851f20e7dbd71102df855d7e95da.PNG

Now, while it would be easy to say that when it reaches the second full circle Coldplay would announce the new album, that would be silly. The second full circle has been filled before...

moons3.PNG.c1d75ae78dd3368dc31c2d1c84b8cef7.PNG

...so it doesn't mean anything in my opinion. Instead, we need to look to the stars - literally. There are four major events to do with the sun, two solstices and two equinoxes. Could an announcement be made on one of these dates (20 March for the first equinox, 21 June for the first solstice, 23 September for the second equinox and 21 December for the last solstice)? I doubt the album would be announced on the 21st of December but it could be released on that day, but an announcement on 23 September this year or 20 March or 21 June next year seems more likely. That said, take this with a large grain of salt. This is purely baseless speculation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hey guys I thought i was overthinking but the 🌙☀️ Wasn’t on every music video video description on YouTube until Friday....🤨

• Like 2

Guys I'm sure the album will come out this year ... maybe in December or November ... surely they had planned to release it much earlier but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, things were delayed.  Since Guy confirmed that they are already developing LP9 again.  Maybe in the next few days we will have an announcement or teaser as happened with Everyday Life.  For now we can only wait for the band to announce or publish something officially.  Let's be patient. 😄

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

Hey guys I thought i was overthinking but the 🌙☀️ Wasn’t on every music video video description on YouTube until Friday....🤨

Wow! Why!?

Maybe I am late but the moon and sun thumbnails and black and white filters on music videos such as Paradise and Life In Technicolor ii are gone!!!

Edited by Gideon_Mx

One thing I think I’d definitely worth noting is the new font to the Coldplay logo on their Facebook and main site. We have never seen this font before. They are SLOWLY transitioning to the new era so I think they decided to use the new era font while keeping the AHFOD colours. 

• Like 1

If there is one thing I learned from the everyday life era, it was that we grossly overthink the meaning of the teasing 😂 In the end the 1919, sun, moon, choice for black and white thumbnails didn't mean much beyond the obvious...

• Like 3

Agree that the changing of the website and social media away from EL proves we are close to the new era starting soon. Maybe they're wrapping up the recording now and can start rolling out the new era this Fall/Winter? I mean, it seems like they were working on it simultaneously during Everyday Life era... so unless they are completely reworking the album and changing the entire LP9 era, they shouldn't have that much work left to do?

Recent things that make me think this: We know they're working on it (Guy's recent interview). We know that Rik Simpson is working on music, most likely with Dream Team on Coldplay (Rik's Instagram). Chris spotted in Stockholm with producer...

The rest of the year will go quick and I'm still loving EL... so patience shouldn't be too hard 🙂

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

One thing I think I’d definitely worth noting is the new font to the Coldplay logo on their Facebook and main site. We have never seen this font before. They are SLOWLY transitioning to the new era so I think they decided to use the new era font while keeping the AHFOD colours. 

Actually, they used that same font 20 years ago whem they released Yellow:

R-622071-1165415886.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

it's strange that they do this transition. 

the background picture on the website is like the background pic from music of the spheres thing. 

the colours are in a different order than in the ahfod era.

and I agree that it shouldn't be long till they let us now the new lp because they've been working on it at the same time they did EL.

remember that sunrise originally was meant to be part of lp9.

In september we have the iHeart radio performance so maybe by then we will have something new (music-costumes-or whatever) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amazingnico said:

remember that sunrise originally was meant to be part of lp9.

Is that true? I can't remember that piece of information, honestly. I'm only sure of that Orphans was supposed to appear on LP9

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Is that true? I can't remember that piece of information, honestly. I'm only sure of that Orphans was supposed to appear on LP9

Chris said so... Here: 

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

it's related to clothing and jewelry and marketing stuff

Captura de Pantalla 2020-08-20 a la(s) 20.41.56.png

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, amazingnico said:

so they finish working on lp9.........¿

Yesss! I think so too. That is good news :happy:

• Like 4

I was thinking that maybe Viva Deportes would be a trademark for the official song of the Olympics in 2021.

But it's crazy hahahahaha sorry 

On 8/21/2020 at 1:28 AM, Gideon_Mx said:

Yesss! I think so too. That is good news :happy:

Roadie 42 (@millerworld) just posted on his instastory and he’s still in the studio so I don’t think it’s finished yet😕

• Like 3

Well maybe Guy has finished his bass lines but the producers are working hard to mix the album?

• Like 1

Well I don't necessarily read Guy's Insta post as Coldplay-related at all. I think he's saying the auto project has taken 8 years since that was the "this project" he references in the previous sentence. If he was referring to LP9, I'd be excited that it took 8 years since that would mean it was started during the MX Tour. 

Regardless, it's cool that they're recording music and that means something could be coming soon. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, aaronm360 said:

Roadie 42 (@millerworld) just posted on his instastory and he’s still in the studio so I don’t think it’s finished yet😕

I actually think it is finished, if not almost.

I noticed that R42 (Matt) was on holiday with his wife and that they returned back home a day or 2/3 ago. I saw it on his wife's (@rasapower) Insta story. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they went to Spain or something like that? Can't remember it very well.

Anyway, Matt Miller doesn't co-write Coldplay songs, does he??? :cool4:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2