⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
DJK

Coldplay LP9 Rumours - FFTF 2024 | Music of the Spheres

On 11/23/2020 at 1:53 AM, Koleybolen said:

My theory is a New Year’s Day album release!Everyday life is set to end in 2020. They haven’t announced anything and November is almost over, so I suspect an announcement in December. Album in January 😁

On 11/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, MarckozZ said:

Actually, we have no clue if they will release an album before 2021. The Timeline can easily be arranged like this:

2019-2020: EL era

2021: MOTS era

or even 2022: MOTS era... I hope I'm wrong tho.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:46 PM, Xyloband_99 said:

If that's the case other eras should have been arranged like that too. For example X&Y should have been 2005-2007 rather than 2005-2008

Why could the timeline not just change on 1st of january to where the everyday life era suddenly shows 2019-2021? They're obviously not going to put 2019-2021 (or any other year after 2020) when it's not even 2021 yet, because that would be a massive giveaway as to when we can expect a new era. 

I don't know what to expect to be honest but I truly think we are getting an album or a side project of re-worked and previously unreleased material. With Chris mentioning UATW and UFO along with the recent trademarks, I don't think it's too unreasonable. As stated in this thread, just because they can't tour currently, doesn't mean they won't release an album. However I don't think they will release a mainstream album and then tour it 1-3 years later. Just doesn't make sense to me. I think they are going to give us new/remastered music to tide us over until LP10 (also a nice number to start fresh with) comes in 2021/2022. 

They have also said that the first 7 albums are almost like a book with AHFOD being the last chapter. EL was a surprise and LP9 will be as well. I don't think they are following conventional Coldplay standards/patterns anymore, so releasing a album/project with remastered/reworked and unreleased material makes total sense. They said they would be full of surprises from now on and that definitely would be a surprise. I would never expect them to do something like that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I agree. If they can't tour they will want an album which they don't have to tour and a rework album fits in it well.

• Like 4

Ok get this.....

There is a planetary alignment on December 21st. Could we see a teaser of MOTS that day???? Come and buy your tickets to the hype train!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Just heard on bbc news over in the UK that there is speculation about these monoliths that keep appearing around the world being a ‘Coldplay PR stunt’ perhaps it could be. If the new album is to do with space then this could certainly link quite well with the ideas people are having with these monoliths and would work well with the planets lining up on the 21st of December.

• Wow 1

37 minutes ago, Ollie2002 said:

Just heard on bbc news over in the UK that there is speculation about these monoliths that keep appearing around the world being a ‘Coldplay PR stunt’ perhaps it could be. If the new album is to do with space then this could certainly link quite well with the ideas people are having with these monoliths and would work well with the planets lining up on the 21st of December.

that. is. so. f--d up man.

maybe global covid-19 pandemic is a promotional shit of theirs as well.  

Edited by stepstr
  • Like 1

I don't think they either need to, nor want to, do a release before New Year's. There have been no signs of any videos, nor have they been seen anywhere together (Chris has been seen in Malibu a few days ago). I don't think they have to release anything now. Music of the spheres or anything related to that album will appear next year; there is a remote chance of a tour in late 2021 so I would say Q2 of 21 might be the year they put something out.

The idea of re-releases just doesn't make sense. They'd release Parachutes' special edition if it were so. But they haven't so I don't see why they would go down that way. 

3 hours ago, Ollie2002 said:

Where was that exactly ?

If it was a PR stunt - that would be kind of amazing hahaha 

• Like 3

I doubt Coldplay would ever do such an extravagant promotion... (but I'd totally love if they would haha)

• Like 2

We know that coldplay gives surprises when nobody expects it, and I would like it to be one of them, but I think they have nothing to do with it

Yeah I’d love to see that promotion and I don’t think that Chris Martin’s being in Malibu affects their album because I think that this thing that is coming out next it’s already done and recorded perhaps in postproduction or something like that but yeah that’s what I think and I also strongly believe that it would be a dropped  out of the blue like it happened with every day life but with bigger promotion

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, amazingnico said:

Yeah I’d love to see that promotion and I don’t think that Chris Martin’s being in Malibu affects their album because I think that this thing that is coming out next it’s already done and recorded perhaps in postproduction or something like that but yeah that’s what I think and I also strongly believe that it would be a dropped  out of the blue like it happened with every day life but with bigger promotion

I agree. Why Chris moves back from working with the band altogether when it didn't finished? I think they finished the album (or whatever they are planning to release) and it's in post process so Chris moved back to LA because he is no longer has to be there in that process.

• Like 2

I think that the monolith thing IS something that Coldplay would do and is a brilliant PR stunt (if that's what it ends up being). 

However, I think this is a classic copycat scenario. The first one in Utah was estimated to have been there for years and technically it's installation was illegal. The next one is Romania looked very different. Then the next one in CA was again installed illegally. Now the one in England is again illegally put up. Coldplay wouldn't do a tease or promotion without working with the necessary parties. Most likely it's artists across the world doing imitations and playing into the hype. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

I think that the monolith thing IS something that Coldplay would do and is a brilliant PR stunt (if that's what it ends up being). 

However, I think this is a classic copycat scenario. The first one in Utah was estimated to have been there for years and technically it's installation was illegal. The next one is Romania looked very different. Then the next one in CA was again installed illegally. Now the one in England is again illegally put up. Coldplay wouldn't do a tease or promotion without working with the necessary parties. Most likely it's artists across the world doing imitations and playing into the hype. 

Yep, in fact the artist who put it on the Isle of Wight already went public:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-55227034

• Like 1

Chris, Guy and Rik are in London. I hope they are with the final touches of LP9. 👀🤡

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

22 minutes ago, Shiver98 said:

Chris, Guy and Rik are in London. I hope they are with the final touches of LP9. 👀🤡

Source?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, aaronm360 said:

Source?

A fan uploaded a photo with Chris, Guy posted a story on Facebook from the history museum, and Rik posted an Instagram post saying he was in the studio.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am late to this thread, have been away from this forum for quite some time, but was intrigued to join the hype about possible upcoming album. Could I be so bold and ask someone recap 33 pages of information down to: What do we know as certainty? 

haha sorry. That's too much to ask...

^I can try my best... Here are my main takeaways of what's a certainty, sorry for not including links:

• We know LP9 WILL HAPPEN. An interview last year from an executive at their record label said the band is hoping to follow up Everyday Life with a more standard Coldplay album as soon as possible. 
  • The band has acknowledged the tease in the Everyday Life lyric book which shows a billboard saying "Music of the Spheres, Coldpay coming soon...." This has led most folks to assume LP9 will be Music of the Spheres, but we do not know this for sure.
  • The band is in studio and has been in studio. Whether it was the iHeartRadio festival or the Instagram live performances, or Instagram posts from producer Rik Simpson, we know the band has been together and that means likely writing and recording. 
    • Some sub speculation. One Insta post from the band earlier this year showed a guitar with tape on it that said "Rescue St." which was a scrapped song from the Mylo Xyloto era. This seems to suggest Chris was playing it. 
    • During his solo Instagram lives, Chris hinted at a "new song" and "we have another song called UFO..." suggesting new music recording. 
    • On the most recent insta live with the full band, Chris mentioned wanting to be "let out of their cage," suggesting frustration over how long COVID-19 has persisted and his desire to perform live. 
  • Guy Berryman has confirmed in a few interviews that the band is working on their next album and are excited to tour but obviously want to wait out the pandemic and find ways to make touring more environmentally friendly (carbon neutral/negative ideally).
  • Phil Harvey has been extra active on social media this year and seemed to acknowledge fan speculation on Music of the Spheres and confirmed "the race" will be released one day. 
Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Coldplay (or at least some members of Coldplay) are in London, I think this is good and also quite exciting news! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

Yeah I've really enjoyed the instagram lives this year. It'd be cool for them to do another one and actually tease some new music or even perform a new song to get the pot stirred going into next year. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1