🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

Coldplay LP9 Rumours - FFTF 2024 | Music of the Spheres

20 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Perhaps there were lyrics in it that related in some way or another to One Tree Planted... or perhaps - and this is the most likely option - they just liked the song.

10 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I find it intriguing that they included a snippet of Talk in the announcement on Instagram. But I really can't imagine them having any special reason to. Maybe it was just chosen by somebody in the band's social media team and they just went with it.

Me too! But one thing what's also interesting (at least for me) is that the snippet they used in the video wasn't the original, but from the instrumental version of Talk, so without lyrics. Not that it matters. But I found it quite remarkable.

Apparently there was someone (not Chris or Guy) in/close to the band who chose this specific song for the One Tree Planted collection promo video, which is remarkable. Why not Viva, AOAL or Paradise?

EDIT: I think a made a mistake when I said "instrumental version", it's probably just the intro xD

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh wow. Chris played a snippet of a new song during a conference thing on Clubhouse. In the full interview, he asks for it to not be recorded and that it will be out sometime potentially. We should al

I just noticed something after searching for "music of the spheres" on Google. And look what's on the Ghost Stories cover art... Just a cool observation. 🤔

UPDATE: Music of the Spheres has been accepted as a trademark in the UK  https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00003564257

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Me too! But one thing what's also interesting (at least for me) is that the snippet they used in the video wasn't the original, but from the instrumental version of Talk, so without lyrics. Not that it matters. But I found it quite remarkable.

Apparently there was someone (not Chris or Guy) in/close to the band who chose this specific song for the One Tree Planted collection promo video, which is remarkable. Why not Viva, AOAL or Paradise?

They got the instrumental from this forum's download section for sure :laugh3:

• Haha 5
36 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

That's why I pointed that out first. It would be so much "easier" to promote the new collection with already known and well established hits. Why use a song released 15 years ago, which they don't play anymore, don't like and from an album they also despise? The song's space theme is what really impacted me the most, that's why I found it so intriguing and curious about.

Edited by dxm3557
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Gideon_Mx said:

I think I made a mistake here when I said "instrumental version". I just listened to it again and realized it's just the original intro of Talk, sorry!

Now it makes sense why there are no vocals in that snippet of Talk :rolleyes5:

In his interview with the podcast Lockdown Dads, Will mentions they were never meant to tour at this point even if there were no lockdown (at least that's what I understood). But he was very careful not to say anything about future plans apart from that they exist...

thinking we might be getting some new music this year but think the tour will still happen in 2022. This year's Fall might still be very risky and we won't be rid of Covid yet.

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, Everyday life said:

Hey guys, there’s a new Coldplay post from Instagram and it seems that Chris Martin will be performed in the Grammys 2021 for some new music or maybe everyday life song featuring Dua Lipa

https://instagram.com/stories/coldplay/2524339420401143101?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=14ezwvakzsceb

Acoustic Viva La Vida, mark my words...

• Like 4

For the Grammy's my best guess is Chris will get the LOVE Choir to help out as I think they're LA based. So maybe they'll do Cry Cry Cry or BrokEn -- something similar to the stripped-back NPR Tiny Desk Performance. My second best guess is that he's collaborating with other artists to do some sort of tribute song. 

It'll be interesting to see how the performances go this year. If COVID never happened imagine the whole band performing Arabesque with Femi Kuti and and an orchestra and melting all our faces.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I'm thinking it'll be either Everyday Life or Viva la Vida. Or maybe Chris will play that solo version of A Sky Full Of Stars from the Everyday Life shows. I'm really not expecting any new material.

• Like 1

I still would love him to do Old Friends, When I Need a Friend, Èkó, Guns or even Wonder of the World / Power of the People, although I'm feeling it will be Everyday Life for its message and all. But I don't know, Chris always struggle with it, I really hope his voice is healed and rested enough for it.

• Like 3

It would make sense if he plays EL since it’s nominated for album of the year. I won’t expect more than 3 song. What could be possible it’s new costume but who knows they always surprises us

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 2

My guess would be Everyday Life and Trouble in Town, since TiT is relevant to how shitty 2020-2021 has been. Perhaps an acoustic version of Orphans? I'm crossing my fingers that Jonny shows up since very occasionally "Chris Martin" means Chris and Jonny. 

• Like 4
On 3/9/2021 at 3:14 AM, amazingnico said:

It would make sense if he plays EL since it’s nominated for album of the year. I won’t expect more than 3 song. What could be possible it’s new costume but who knows they always surprises us

It's the Grammys, he won't play more than one song! And now that you guys mention it, I also think he will most likely play Everyday Life. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

My guess would be Everyday Life and Trouble in Town, since TiT is relevant to how shitty 2020-2021 has been. Perhaps an acoustic version of Orphans? I'm crossing my fingers that Jonny shows up since very occasionally "Chris Martin" means Chris and Jonny. 

I'm thinking it'll just be one song, considering how much the award ceremony has to get through in one night. One song, then move on.

But yeah, now that I think of it, it'll be one of the songs you mentioned... though each of them, especially Everyday Life and Trouble In Town, would likely sound better if Jonny were to join Chris. He really steals the show when they play those two songs. I hope he joins! But it's alright if he doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I'm thinking it'll just be one song, considering how much the award ceremony has to get through in one night. One song, then move on.

But yeah, now that I think of it, it'll be one of the songs you mentioned... though each of them, especially Everyday Life and Trouble In Town, would likely sound better if Jonny were to join Chris. He really steals the show when they play those two songs. I hope he joins! But it's alright if he doesn't. 

Woah, the song(s) would sound much better if Jonny joins in indeed. But I think it's going to be Chris alone, because the Grammys announced ''Chris Martin of Coldplay'' and I don't think W, G nor J will be joining Chris since they probably want to set a good example during the COVID pandemic these days. It would be a big surprise though! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Woah, the song(s) would sound much better if Jonny joins in indeed. But I think it's going to be Chris alone, because the Grammys announced ''Chris Martin of Coldplay'' and I don't think W, G nor J will be joining Chris since they probably want to set a good example during the COVID pandemic these days. It would be a big surprise though! :classic_biggrin:

even if the other band members don't join, Chris'll still steal the show by himself. Coldplay live would sweep the board against all the other acts, though.

As much as I wanted Chris to play a song that didn’t really need the band that much (as I mentioned before in another post, Guns, Old Friends, When I Need a Friend, Èkó...), I really think he’s going to play Everyday Life, but not alone. I believe he will be accompanied by an orchestra band, at least a string session, as it happened in the early promotional concerts of the album.

• Like 5