✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

1 minute ago, WhiteShadow7 said:

I have a sort of feeling that Coldplay collabs with Muse. There has been released a pop-up event about something called 'the Higher Power Spaceship' (higherpowerspaceship.com), powered by Warner Music Group. You have to complete two tasks before you can sign in for the event, I suppose this is only for Dutch and Belgian fans. The second task made clear that the location of this event will be in a little hotel in the Bellamystraat (Bellamystreet) in Amsterdam. So (Matthew) Bellamy and the synthesizer sounds of Higher Power, is that a clue to a Muse-collab??

Doesn't seem really weird thinking of the extraterrestrial obsession they share. 

I would die if that happened as those are my top 2 favorites bands 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pier62b said:

Since  the X&Y tour there is a lot of backing track. We don't know what was played by the band and what was prerecorded. For exemple during the bridge in the song 42 there is two electric guitar but only JB played an electric guitar. So we don't know what he really played. 

It's the same with ASFOS. JB played the acoutic part and after the electric part but the acoutic part still played. Did he really played the acoustic part or was it completly record.

Sometime I ask me if some singing were really live or if the whole show was pre record during the AHFOD Tour.

An important proportion of Coldplay songs are based on looper concepts. I’m convinced that JB and CM do plenty of phrases live (on guitar mainly, but also in Piano, like Magic) that remains in background later during the song. Will’s acoustic guitar in ETIAW is other example.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, WhiteShadow7 said:

I have a sort of feeling that Coldplay collabs with Muse. There has been released a pop-up event about something called 'the Higher Power Spaceship' (higherpowerspaceship.com), powered by Warner Music Group. You have to complete two tasks before you can sign up for the event, I suppose this is only for Dutch and Belgian fans. The second task made clear that the location of this event will be in a little hotel in the Bellamystraat (Bellamystreet) in Amsterdam. So (Matthew) Bellamy and the synthesizer sounds of Higher Power, is that a clue to a Muse-collab??

Doesn't seem really weird thinking of the extraterrestrial obsession they share. 

I think that's just a coincidence to be honest. It seems like that hotel was chosen for the event (Glastonbury performace screening) because it has these "hub" rooms with built-in speakers and controllable lighting that kind of look like spaceships.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

SPARKS!!!

and also @Gideon_Mx

Sadly, I think these stickers to the side are just old ones from the EL concerts. And Sparks is just the old sticker over which AOAL has been glued.

More to the right you can see how WOTP/POTP has been overstickered by ASFOS/SJLT.

Btw, I think these guitars are not for Glasto though. The Viva sticker is not in use, and the official Top 40 account posting them makes it more likely for it to be a promotional gig related to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I ran away said:

and also @Gideon_Mx

Sadly, I think these stickers to the side are just old ones from the EL concerts. And Sparks is just the old sticker over which AOAL has been glued.

More to the right you can see how WOTP/POTP has been overstickered by ASFOS/SJLT.

Btw, I think these guitars are not for Glasto though. The Viva sticker is not in use, and the official Top 40 account posting them makes it more likely for it to be a promotional gig related to them.

Oh ?

5 hours ago, Aiko said:

Interesting to have an acoustic guitar marked as Higher Power when there's no acoustic guitar in that song. There's also no acoustic guitar on AOAL. It's possible a "more-live" version of HP will involve playing acoustic guitar just for fun. There are a few rare-ish examples of this in Coldpay's history:

During several ETIAW performances during the AHFOD tour, Chris plays acoustic guitar. I'm fairly certain it's plugged in and live. Though weirdly you can also hear the acoustic guitar on the backing track (the one Will plays earlier in the song, and then transitions to backing track). 

Full-band version of VLV during EL tour, yet Chris plays acoustic guitar (when normally he plays nothing except for occasional piano). And then he pretty seamlessly transitions plays some piano after the first chorus.

Also it's worth mentioning for Violet Hill, Chris always plays an acoustic guitar, and there's piano on a backing track. Even though on the album version of the song there is NO acoustic guitar at all. I think in this case it was to allow him and Jonny to jump together. ?

Alternatively, this photo may be for Chris Martin's SOLO performances of these songs, considering AOAL with acoustic guitar has only ever been done as Chris-only or Chris-and-Jonny. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Interesting to have an acoustic guitar marked as Higher Power when there's no acoustic guitar in that song. There's also no acoustic guitar on AOAL. It's possible a "more-live" version of HP will involve playing acoustic guitar just for fun. There are a few rare-ish examples of this in Coldpay's history:

During several ETIAW performances during the AHFOD tour, Chris plays acoustic guitar. I'm fairly certain it's plugged in and live. Though weirdly you can also hear the acoustic guitar on the backing track (the one Will plays earlier in the song, and then transitions to backing track). 

Full-band version of VLV during EL tour, yet Chris plays acoustic guitar (when normally he plays nothing except for occasional piano). And then he pretty seamlessly transitions plays some piano after the first chorus.

Also it's worth mentioning for Violet Hill, Chris always plays an acoustic guitar, and there's piano on a backing track. Even though on the album version of the song there is NO acoustic guitar at all. I think in this case it was to allow him and Jonny to jump together. ?

Alternatively, this photo may be for Chris Martin's SOLO performances of these songs, considering AOAL with acoustic guitar has only ever been done as Chris-only or Chris-and-Jonny. 

Agree on all of this, except that there is actually acoustic guitar in the studio version of Violet Hill! You can hear it clearly in the stems. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, I ran away said:

Agree on all of this, except that there is actually acoustic guitar in the studio version of Violet Hill! You can hear it clearly in the stems. 

Ah! I always thought that was just high hat and tambourine, but I think I can hear it when I really squint. ? 

Also I just remembered Chris playing acoustic guitar on Violet Hill *does* help with the transition from Life in Technicolor intro, which has the same guitar tuning of EADG-C#-C#. Though from watching MX-to-HLH he's obviously very good at switching between guitar and piano nowadays.

I'd be curious to hear if and what the next-generation Violet Hill style song will be. Coldplay has a handful of literal bangers, from Politik, GPASUYF (which banged so much harder in 2011-2012), and Daylight to Violet Hill and Major Minus. Trouble in Town might be the most recent banging rock song. Usually every album has something fairly crunchy except for maybe Parachutes, GS or AHFOD. Maybe something that's a bit like Muse's stuff inspired by Rage Against the Machine (think of songs like Uprising)? I have no idea. ?

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 5

What are your theories or thoughts on Kaotica the planet?! The guys have said it’s a planet full of trash and rejects (objects and aliens)... could we be getting a story in this setting? This explains why the video that came with the official audio is set in a rather looking abandoned place, full of Shipping Containers... they’ve mentioned that they are filming the official video in Kaotica, and that it’s really not a nice place.

We  are probably going to get different planets for different songs... but I’m still trying to relate Kaotica with Higher Power...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wayne said:

I know we already have the excellent Kaotican generator at arfm.surge.sh, but I wanted to implement one where I could save the image directly and I thought I'd share it in case it was of use to anyone else https://coldplace.co.uk/kaotigen.php

Greaaaat !!

I would like to put my profile name in Kaotica form in the signature but i don't know how we do it 

Hate to be that guy but I think we might be getting Mylo Xylotwo as LP9. Nothing wrong with it tho. After GS and AHFOD I actually learned to appreciate much more MX. I't s a pretty good pop/rock record.

14 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

I'd be curious to hear if and what the next-generation Violet Hill style song will be. Coldplay has a handful of literal bangers, from Politik, GPASUYF (which banged so much harder in 2011-2012), and Daylight to Violet Hill and Major Minus. Trouble in Town might be the most recent banging rock song. Usually every album has something fairly crunchy except for maybe Parachutes, GS or AHFOD. Maybe something that's a bit like Muse's stuff inspired by Rage Against the Machine (think of songs like Uprising)? I have no idea. ?

I really really hope they keep Trouble in Town for the next tour. Sadly I don't think it mixes up very well with the feel good vibes the band usually wants for their stadium shows.

Edited by JM-42
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, AnaMarie said:

What are your theories or thoughts on Kaotica the planet?! The guys have said it’s a planet full of trash and rejects (objects and aliens)... could we be getting a story in this setting? This explains why the video that came with the official audio is set in a rather looking abandoned place, full of Shipping Containers... they’ve mentioned that they are filming the official video in Kaotica, and that it’s really not a nice place.

We  are probably going to get different planets for different songs... but I’m still trying to relate Kaotica with Higher Power...

I like this kind of concept album. Or really any concept album because everything ties together in some way.

I guess it makes sense that a planet called Kaotica isn't exactly a happy place to live. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a metaphor for the experience of being an outcast. Someone who's a social reject may live among other people but feel like they're living alone on a distant planet. If that's the theme of Kaotica, then perhaps Higher Power is supposed to be about what it's like when somebody in that situation finds someone who reaches out to them. Somebody who tries to make them feel wanted and accepted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I like this kind of concept album. Or really any concept album because everything ties together in some way.

I guess it makes sense that a planet called Kaotica isn't exactly a happy place to live. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a metaphor for the experience of being an outcast. Someone who's a social reject may live among other people but feel like they're living alone on a distant planet. If that's the theme of Kaotica, then perhaps Higher Power is supposed to be about what it's like when somebody in that situation finds someone who reaches out to them. Somebody who tries to make them feel wanted and accepted.

Interesting theory! I have a feeling once the full album or full story comes out, we'll think the HP lyrics are less generic. Right now it can feel like "oh this is just a song about being happy???" but once we know more, I bet HP will be about a refugee/immigrant child, or perhaps someone who is not neurotypical and feels weird about stuff they're experiencing - the shoelace line seems like it could be a reference to Western humankind's misguided desire for order and organization. 

Similar sort of thing with ASFOS where it's like, is this just like a generic love song? NO - it's actually a sort of last ditch Hail Mary but also goodbye love song. The past tense constructions are the big clue there, it's "I think I SAW you..." as opposed to "I see you". So it's really a song about a fictional or unattainable love. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion