โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

7 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

Something I createdย 

20210527_220959.jpg

You reallyย think Florence Welch will collaborate with Coldplayย ?ย theyโ€™ve never mentioned it before ? or maybe Dua Lipa ?

Edited by Everyday life
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

When will we be able to watch?

I'm not too sure, that might have just been audio broadcast. There's something called a watchalong (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wj5f) that hasn't yet aired.

I'm so annoyed as I wanted to listen to the broadcast Live, but stuffed up the date/time it was broadcast while trying to convert to my local timezone.ย 

2 hours ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

Personally think we've already heard Music of the Spheres. My guess is that it's the intro song with the robotic voice from their Glasto performance.

It's probably the first track on the album, just like the title track on Mylo Xyloto.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Magic123 said:

Does anyone know when we will get an album announcement? I heard it was going to be at the end of the summer but I think they might announce it in mid June alongside their second single.

I think so, thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m thinking about it I think that the MOTS will be released probably in mid June just like between X&Y and VLV when it released at the same month but maybe next week they will announce it because theyโ€™re busyย getting more collaborations and new music which theyโ€™re making and recording right but weโ€™ll see what happens ?

Random observation - Chris at 2 shows now has played a little piano at the end of Higher Power. Interestingly at Big Weekend, the song immediately after is SJLT, where he does NOT play piano. So he literally sat down to play theย arpeggiated piano line at Glastonbury (before starting the Scientist) and at Big Weekend. I predict this is likely to be a snippet of a new song, ie whatever is after HP in the album or in the longer live setlist. And it will be a piano song in a similar key to HP. We shall see!

ย 

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 2
  • Wow 4

33 minutes ago, stepstr said:

Has anyone noticed that Human Heart from R1 Big Weekend is exactly the same as from Glasto?

Honestly, when we first heard the "live" version I thought it sounded like it was mixed, likeย a studio version but also I'm not a production expert. Would be interesting if that's what we've actually been hearing. :thinking:

21 hours ago, Magic123 said:

Does anyone know when we will get an album announcement? I heard it was going to be at the end of the summer but I think they might announce it in mid June alongside their second single.

For MX, they announced it in August and released it late October. Now obviously the industry has changed since then and albums can drop much closer to announcement date (I think?). That's especially the case with coldplay's last 2 albums with AHFOD and EL dropping reaaaaally fast.

So far they seem pretty tight lipped when it comes to the album... I definitely think the album release won't happen until September/October, andย they may announce it while promoting Higher Power in June/July.

Chris seems motivated not to leak anything but who knows how long he will resist :laugh3:ย 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HowCouldIForget said:

Honestly, when we first heard the "live" version I thought it sounded like it was mixed, likeย a studio version but also I'm not a production expert. Would be interesting if that's what we've actually been hearing. :thinking:

I thought the same, Human Heart was definitely a studio recording.ย 

I haven't watched all of their Big Weekend performance yet but the other 2 songs that I watched (Higher Power and Fix You) looked/sounded a lot like playback as well.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

Seeing post about new song tonight but for what eventย 

According to the band, they played a new song (apart fromย Higher Power, Human Heart, or ambient MOTS intro) at BBC R1's Big Weekend but it cannot be streamed yet so I suppose the song was cut from the show.

Edited by stepstr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion