✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

The BTS collaboration is definitely happening but there is nothing to indicate that those lyrics (or the title) are true. These are "collaborative" lyrics websites meaning anyone can say anything they want.

The Coldplay fandom has A LOT of trolls and it's happened all the time. With the "3rd song" from Big Weekend, rumours have been at their peak regarding the collab. Lyrics wouldn't properly leak unless the song was imminent, but they haven't even properly promoted Higher Power yet (there could be lots of tv appearances to come, the video is not even out yet).

So let's be patient.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Coeurli said:

The BTS collaboration is definitely happening but there is nothing to indicate that those lyrics (or the title) are true. These are "collaborative" lyrics websites meaning anyone can say anything they want.

The Coldplay fandom has A LOT of trolls and it's happened all the time. With the "3rd song" from Big Weekend, rumours have been at their peak regarding the collab. Lyrics wouldn't properly leak unless the song was imminent, but they haven't even properly promoted Higher Power yet (there could be lots of tv appearances to come, the video is not even out yet).

So let's be patient.

So come over, just be patient and don't worry

Having those words come from Guy and Will makes me think Big Weekend's mysterious nonbroadcasted song is NOT the BTS collaboration. A visit to the UK by BTS or even use of a BTS backing track/video seems like it'd be rather difficult to prevent from leaking, no?

Also, they've already had a big collaboration with Beyonce arguably one of the most famous artists already. Though with BTS there is a non-English possibility, but then Arabesque already has its French lyrics.Β 

Racking my brain about other things the band hasn't yet done, how about:

-Any of the boys (but most likely Will) singing lead vocals, or some kind of serious duet between Chris and another bandmember

-An instrumental. No major Coldplay hit and very few actual Coldplay songs are instrumentals except for LIT (which has some vocals) or intro/interlude tracks like MX, MMIX, Colour Spectrum.

-Relating to the previous,Β song involving some serious synthesizer-ing. Sure there are Coldplay songs with synths, but X&Y was the only album with any major exploration of how to use them in an interesting way. Coldplay has said in interviews that they really like this album Moon Safari by Air, which this song appears on - it was one of the albums that was "always playing when they met". This kind of use of synths = twiddling the knobs a LOT to get super interesting effects, fitting with the radio theme. Kraftwerk was just inducted into the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, and they're a major inspiration too (so much so that of course Talk is sampled from their song Computer Love), so I could also a renewal of interest in that type of music.Β 

-Speaking of the radio theme, Radiohead's song National Anthem includes the use of samples of actual local radio playing wherever they are. I could see Coldplay doing something similar, except it would somehow use radio from all the planets.Β 

-An internally live-generative song like Radiohead's Everything In Its Right Place where as the song goes on they take samples of stuff Thom Yorke is doing and looping it extremely thoroughly, until at the end of the song it's only samples and no one playing live anymore. If anyone remembers the Dell perfrmance, Chris has those acoustic guitars that have launchpads attached to them, making it easy to trigger samples whilst playing guitar (Matthew Bellamy from Muse has a similar mechanism on his guitar but with a KAOSS pad). This is the exact technology that could lead to a song like this:Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

If the BTS collaboration is indeed true, it could be the 2nd single (and big hit)Β off the album. I'm not a fan of K-pop in general and couldn't understand the mass hysteria around it. However, the previousΒ collaborations of Coldplay with another artist/s were, for the most part,Β good at least in my opinion so I'm definitely curious on how this song will turn out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Revolverwin said:

If the BTS collaboration is indeed true, it could be the 2nd single (and big hit)Β off the album. I'm not a fan of K-pop in general and couldn't understand the mass hysteria around it. However, the previousΒ collaborations of Coldplay with another artist/s were, for the most part,Β good at least in my opinion so I'm definitely curious on how this song will turn out.

Agree. POC and HFTW are actively enjoyable! I especially love Jonny’s big guitar riff in POC. Fun is a nice song too.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

Β 

@The Jordanator

Good catch here

Β 

makes sense, since the title of the song, My universe is a system, so it should not have a single planet associated with it, but if so, it would be the third single actually, by the order of the symbols, and possibly Human Heart if it is the second single by the similar triangle, and the earth is the planet that represents it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sammoga said:

makes sense, since the title of the song, My universe is a system, so it should not have a single planet associated with it, but if so, it would be the third single actually, by the order of the symbols, and possibly Human Heart if it is the second single by the similar triangle, and the earth is the planet that represents it

I don't think Human Heart was an official single though not yet at leastΒ 

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

I prefer J-Pop over K-Pop any day.Β 

Me too. The sounds of K-Pop can vary but I personally tend to enjoy J-Pop a lot more. I'd rather see Coldplay collaborate with an artist like LiSA than BTS, that's for sure. Chvrches worked with J-Pop group Wednesday Campanella a few years ago for their song Out of My Head and I personally love that song.

Not gonna lie, IΒ have low expectations for a BTS collaboration. I don't really like BTS's usual style of music. I think their fanbase is far more obnoxious on social media than that of any other popular artist. But hey, maybe it's not so bad. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Human Heart is really good. But it's not something I would expect to top the charts and get a lot of radio airplay. Maybe Coldplay are trying to go for a collaboration that has a good chance of being successful. And it would make sense if they don't end up releasing it for a few more weeks, just because BTS is currently promoting their new single Butter.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 42Escapist said:

Me too. The sounds of K-Pop can vary but I personally tend to enjoy J-Pop a lot more. I'd rather see Coldplay collaborate with an artist like LiSA than BTS, that's for sure. Chvrches worked with J-Pop group Wednesday Campanella a few years ago for their song Out of My Head and I personally love that song.

Not gonna lie, IΒ have low expectations for a BTS collaboration. I don't really like BTS's usual style of music. I think their fanbase is far more obnoxious on social media than that of any other popular artist. But hey, maybe it's not so bad. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Human Heart is really good. But it's not something I would expect to top the charts and get a lot of radio airplay. Maybe Coldplay are trying to go for a collaboration that has a good chance of being successful. And it would make sense if they don't end up releasing it for a few more weeks, just because BTS is currently promoting their new single Butter.

Happy New Year GIF by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter

Β 

Coldplays collab confirmed here

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

I don't think Human Heart was an official single though not yet at leastΒ 

it happened with midnight, also I think they have already had too many presentations and interviews, it is my first "great" era, so I do not know if this type of strategy has been carried out before (promoting only one song without giving official notice of a new album), and I think that the acapella version that they have presented is not the final one that will be on the album but a different version ???

• Like 1
  • Care 1

8 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

but it is very worrying, just by looking for Coldplay on twitter you will realize, most of the tweets are from Army only asking for collaboration, If there is such a collaboration, it will be the most popular and requested song of the era, and it's going to have more impact than the whole album in general, if my theory is true, infinity is in the middle (is too flashy, just like said collaboration), I am afraid to think that they do it, from what you say, be more successful, since with HP they did not do so well that we sayΒ 

• Like 1

I’m nervous about the views that will be getting for this Collab’s MV (if it’s true) it’s definitely going to over shadow Higher Power MV and probably the other singles (3rd-4th-5th) just like Paradise did with HLH, ETIAW and POC. Gonna be MX views a second time with MOTS. I hope this won’t be the case! ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sold on the BTS collab yet. Why would the leak just say "Korean, Korean, Korean?" If was coming from an official source, it would be translated or written out. Also, BTS has been doing most of it's big recent singles in English, so I I'd imagine if they collabed with Coldplay it would be. We'll see.Β 

If it ends up being true, this era is shaping up to be quite poppy, which I think we anticipated. The question for me is whether they'll make room for some truly alternative tracks. If they have them, we sure haven't heard them. And before you say Human Heart is an alt track -- yes it's definitely different, but a duet with a simple, catchy repeated melody is still pop to me at its core. Higher Power was listed as an "alt" track from Coldplay's label? Idk gang. Starting to worry they're going full 100% pop.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm not sold on the BTS collab yet. Why would the leak just say "Korean, Korean, Korean?" If was coming from an official source, it would be translated or written out. Also, BTS has been doing most of it's big recent singles in English, so I I'd imagine if they collabed with Coldplay it would be. We'll see.Β 

If it ends up being true, this era is shaping up to be quite poppy, which I think we anticipated. The question for me is whether they'll make room for some truly alternative tracks. If they have them, we sure haven't heard them. And before you say Human Heart is an alt track -- yes it's definitely different, but a duet with a simple, catchy repeated melody is still pop to me at its core. Higher Power was listed as an "alt" track from Coldplay's label? Idk gang. Starting to worry they're going full 100% pop.

during the BBC Radio 1 interviews they mentioned playing a song that was unlike anything they'd ever done, which was also Will's favorite song. Last time they said that, we got Arabesque (something they said they'd never done) and Champion of the World (Will's favorite). We'll see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Care 1

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm thinking the lyrics may not be official, can come from someone who's only heard the song being played. Can also be someone who works with BTS who has leaked it.Β 

Well can't be 100 that this is the real lyrics, funny thing is the lyrics was taken down from genius within minutes after I had posted them here. Could mean that they are fake as well as the real lyrics I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Maybe they played it at Big Weekend. There were people filming outside the security perimeter, maybe someone who doesn't speak Korean

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion