✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard on bbc news over in the UK that there is speculation about these monoliths that keep appearing around the world being a β€˜Coldplay PR stunt’ perhaps it could be. If the new album is to do with space then this could certainly link quite well with the ideas people are having with these monoliths and would work well with the planets lining up on the 21st of December.

• Wow 1

37 minutes ago, Ollie2002 said:

Just heard on bbc news over in the UK that there is speculation about these monoliths that keep appearing around the world being a β€˜Coldplay PR stunt’ perhaps it could be. If the new album is to do with space then this could certainly link quite well with the ideas people are having with these monoliths and would work well with the planets lining up on the 21st of December.

that. is. so. f--d up man.

maybe global covid-19 pandemic is a promotional shit of theirs as well.Β Β 

Edited by stepstr
  • Like 1

I don't think they either need to, nor want to, do a release before New Year's. There have been no signs of any videos, nor have they been seen anywhere together (Chris has been seenΒ in Malibu a few days ago). I don't think they have to release anything now. Music of the spheres or anything related to that album will appear next year; there is a remote chance of a tour in late 2021 so I would say Q2 of 21 might be the year they put something out.

The idea of re-releases just doesn't make sense. They'd release Parachutes' special edition if it were so. But they haven't so I don't see why they would go down that way.Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Ollie2002 said:

Where was that exactly ?

Yeah I’d love to see that promotion and I don’t think that Chris Martin’s being in Malibu affects their album because I think thatΒ this thing that is coming out next it’s already done and recorded perhaps in postproduction or something like that but yeah that’s what I think and I also strongly believe that it would be a droppedΒ Β out of the blue like itΒ happened with every day life but with bigger promotion

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, amazingnico said:

Yeah I’d love to see that promotion and I don’t think that Chris Martin’s being in Malibu affects their album because I think thatΒ this thing that is coming out next it’s already done and recorded perhaps in postproduction or something like that but yeah that’s what I think and I also strongly believe that it would be a droppedΒ Β out of the blue like itΒ happened with every day life but with bigger promotion

I agree. Why Chris moves back from working with the band altogether when it didn't finished? I think they finished the album (or whatever they are planning to release) and it's in post process so Chris moved back to LA because he is no longer has to be there in that process.

• Like 2

I think that the monolith thing IS something that Coldplay would do and is a brilliant PR stunt (if that's what it ends up being).Β 

However, IΒ think this is a classic copycat scenario. The first one in Utah was estimated to have been there for years and technically it's installation was illegal. The next one is Romania looked very different. Then the next one in CA was again installed illegally. Now the one in England is again illegally put up. Coldplay wouldn't do a tease or promotion without working with the necessary parties. Most likely it's artists across the world doing imitations and playing into the hype.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

I think that the monolith thing IS something that Coldplay would do and is a brilliant PR stunt (if that's what it ends up being).Β 

However, IΒ think this is a classic copycat scenario. The first one in Utah was estimated to have been there for years and technically it's installation was illegal. The next one is Romania looked very different. Then the next one in CA was again installed illegally. Now the one in England is again illegally put up. Coldplay wouldn't do a tease or promotion without working with the necessary parties. Most likely it's artists across the world doing imitations and playing into the hype.Β 

Yep, in fact the artist who put it on the Isle of Wight already went public:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-55227034

• Like 1

^I can try my best... Here are my main takeaways of what's a certainty, sorry for not including links:

• We know LP9 WILL HAPPEN. An interview last year from an executive at their record label said the band is hoping to follow up Everyday Life with a more standard Coldplay album as soon as possible.Β 
  • The band has acknowledged the tease in the Everyday Life lyric book which shows a billboard saying "Music of the Spheres, Coldpay coming soon...." This has led most folks to assume LP9 will be Music of the Spheres, but we do not know this for sure.
  • The band is in studio and has been in studio. Whether it was the iHeartRadio festival or the Instagram live performances, or Instagram posts from producer Rik Simpson, we know the band has been together and that means likely writing and recording.Β 
    • Some sub speculation. One Insta post from the band earlier this year showed a guitar with tape on it that said "Rescue St." which was a scrapped song from the Mylo Xyloto era. This seems to suggest Chris was playing it.Β 
    • During his solo Instagram lives, Chris hinted at a "new song" and "we have another song called UFO..." suggesting new music recording.Β 
    • On the most recent insta live with the full band, Chris mentioned wanting to be "let out of their cage," suggesting frustration over how long COVID-19 has persisted and his desire to perform live.Β 
  • Guy Berryman has confirmed in a few interviews that the band is working on their next album and are excited to tour but obviously want to wait out the pandemic and find ways to make touring more environmentally friendly (carbon neutral/negativeΒ ideally).
  • Phil Harvey has been extra active on social media this year and seemed to acknowledge fan speculation on Music of the Spheres and confirmed "the race" will be released one day.Β 
Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic