✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

8 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I suppose the only reason I those older songs are listed is because very old unreleased songs have seen the light of day. Go to around the 43 minute and 40 second mark this video from the MX sessions in 2009 and tell me that's not A L I E N S.?

Us Against The World is a possibility because Chris talked about a "finished" version of it in the same Instagram live stream where he mentioned UFO #2.Β 

I do agree that the oldest songs on this list are very unlikely to show up on MOTS, though.

Yup, that's A L I E N S hahah! I know sometimes that happens, they release something old, but i doubt they'll release something like "A Ghost" old....

• Like 2

I think the best thing that can happen is the band returns from out of the blue, with no steady promotional teasing build up, kind of like the way they dropped Midnight. I feel really really tired hoping for nothing. And all these conspiracy theories, just screw them.Β Β 

I'm not trying to be a mood killer here, but I apologize if I am (I know I am).

Edited by stepstr
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stepstr said:

I think the best thing that can happen is the band returns from out of the blue, with no steady promotional teasing build up, kind of like the way they dropped Midnight. I feel really really tired hoping for nothing. And all these conspiracy theories, just screw them.Β Β 

I'm not trying to be a mood killer here, but I apologize if I am (I know I am).

Ehh. It's fun to theorize. And before the AHFOD track listing was announced, I remember jokingly predicting that there would be a song called Birds (because of Chris's obsession with writing lyrics about birds and flying).Β ?

I kind of do hope they drop a single or an entire album out of the blue. That'd be a nice change of pace. But I still doubt they will.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, 42Escapist said:

I suppose the only reason I those older songs are listed is because very old unreleased songs have seen the light of day. Go to around the 43 minute and 40 second mark this video from the MX sessions in 2009 and tell me that's not A L I E N S.?

Us Against The World is a possibility because Chris talked about a "finished" version of it in the same Instagram live stream where he mentioned UFO #2.Β 

I do agree that the oldest songs on this list are very unlikely to show up on MOTS, though.

Also don't forget theyΒ released Bani Adam from right around the same time!

Β 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

Also don't forget theyΒ released Bani Adam from right around the same time!

Β 

And Arabesque originated around that time. And supposedly Everyday Life originated as a "wedding album" from years ago... it makes me think of the song Wedding Bells. Perhaps this "wedding album" was the acoustic and stripped down project that gave us UFO, Us Against The World, and Charlie Brown before those songs became part of Mylo Xyloto.

Now, Coldplay doesn't finish and release old demos as often as bands like Radiohead do. But they have done it.Β So never count out old demos.

• Like 3

^Yup!! I find this era so fascinating. They release their best albumΒ with Viva La Vida and head straight back into the studio with Brian Eno to work on more material. Some of their best songs since Viva (ALIENS, Arabesque, Charlie Brown) all came from this time period. My hope is that they will rework more demos from that time as it really was the "creative height" of their career, in my humble opinion. I'm sure they are always going back to pull old ideas out of the attic, but I also really wish they'd pull a radiohead and drop all their old demos from that time. I WANT CHARLIE BROWN WITH ACCORDIAN NOW.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

If you go onto this link, and click on β€˜List of goods and services’, you can see that the various things they can use the trademark forΒ (classes 9, 16, 25 and 41) include different platforms ofΒ music (vinyl, CD etc), publications, posters, clothing and live performances. Based on that, I would be very surprisedΒ if this was anything but a new album, as I doubtΒ they’d intend on selling merchandise for reworked songs/a single/even an EP

8 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

UPDATE: Music of the Spheres has been accepted as a trademark in the UKΒ 

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00003564257

Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021