✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

If the "finished" UATW ends up being released, then I really hope they incorporate the "silver bird" verse that Chris started singing during the AHFOD era. It was already my favorite song off of MX, but that verse just went made it even more beautiful.

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

I sometimes worry they "technically" have released it when they did those Amazon Music live songs. Or has Chris said anything after thisΒ  came out?Β https://www.amazon.com/US-AGAINST-WORLD-LIVE-LEIPZIG/dp/B07JJFHY6J

He mentioned the finished version of UATW on that Instagram live past year, so I'm sure he wasn't talking about this obscure release of the song being played live.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Idk it just fascinates me that Mylo is getting applied for trademark, Rescue St was discovered on an acoustic guitar last year, UATW will be getting its new version released, U F O wasΒ reregistered and hinted by Chris at β€œnot being out yet”. Pair that information with this picture and some wild theories start to form:

Β 

F260D1B6-17E8-4E1C-BD0B-78BAE7D7116A.jpeg

Where did this picture come from? I'm confused that I don't know anything about it

7 hours ago, stepstr said:

Where did this picture come from? I'm confused that I don't know anything about it

This and more comes in the Mylo Xyloto pop-up edition. I have it and it'sΒ such a great book, full of notes about the process involved on making Mylo Xyloto, and a section at the end, called "excerpts from Chris' notebook" shows all these pages and notes from him. They have a lot of easter eggs! :PΒ 

Β 

Coldplay popup -5.jpg

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 3

20 hours ago, stepstr said:

You can find that specific image here. Somebody from the Italian Coldplayzone fan site uploaded pictures from the pop-up edition of Mylo Xyloto in an article about how the album came together:

http://www.coldplayzone.it/create-article/mylo-xyloto

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

You can find that specific image here. Somebody from the Italian Coldplayzone fan site uploaded pictures from the pop-up edition of Mylo Xyloto in an article about how the album came together:

http://www.coldplayzone.it/create-article/mylo-xyloto

This was an amazing read, thank you. I mean, I thought I was a fan, but until now I never heard about a possible existence of the second part of MX. Plus, some more exciting bits about early setlists for Glasto.Β Β 

• Like 4

Just found a video ofΒ "Glass of Water"Β live in 2009, with a really cool LED background behind of planets and space. Probably unrelated to MOTS, but if they began recording MX by this time or started working on a similar MOTS concept back then, maybe the album will contain hints of Eno's influence?Β 

The video can be found here:

Β 

I'm working on a theory right now thatΒ mayΒ orΒ may notΒ be true, we'll see how it goes...

Edited by TheBigBadBono
added link
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Just found a video ofΒ "Glass of Water"Β live in 2009, with a really cool LED background behind of planets and space. Probably unrelated to MOTS, but if they began recording MX by this time or started working on a similar MOTS concept back then, maybe the album will contain hints of Eno's influence?Β 

Β 

I'm working on a theory right now thatΒ mayΒ orΒ may notΒ be true, we'll see how it goes...

Brian Eno worked on MX and A L I E N S is known to have originated from the same session in 2009... he's even credited as a producer, co-writer, backing vocalist, and guitarist in A L I E N S. Obviously, A L I E N S has some space-related imagery.

So, I think you may be onto something. ?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Putting together a "what we know so far" post so we can keep up to date with the facts.

Β 

Can anyone who is more up to date than me list a few things?

I think the important things we know are the registered trademarks, general spaceyΒ theme of the album, possible songs related to mylo and X&Y.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, stephen said:

Putting together a "what we know so far" post so we can keep up to date with the facts.

Β 

Can anyone who is more up to date than me list a few things?

I think the important things we know are the registered trademarks, general spaceyΒ theme of the album, possible songs related to mylo and X&Y.

currently working on my theory as well. Will post later...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PIECING (POSSIBLE) CLUES TO MUSIC OF THE SPHERESΒ 

I've been putting this together for about a few hours now, and though it may not be concrete evidence, may just beΒ apopheniaΒ and may or may not even be a cohesive theory, I think this would serve as a good foundation for some theories. Let's start in chronological order:

20 September 2009 - Coldplay feature in a documentary on theΒ South Bank Show, promoting their album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, and in a section of the documentary they talk about creating a new album. It may or may not beΒ Mylo Xyloto, because the concept of Mylo was supposed to be a more stripped-down album (The Wedding Album), but that all changed when Chris wrote Paradise in 2010, a year later. At the 43:40 minute mark onΒ this video, you can hearΒ A L I E N S being previewed by the band alongside Brian Eno - Eno and Markus Dravs (producers of Viva) are listed on the producers section of the song.Β 

2 April 2010 - On Roadie 42'sΒ Blog #118, he mentions the band recording new material, including a particular request from Chris... "I'd like you to build a solar system"...

24 June 2010 - Roadie 42'sΒ blog #121Β details the band creating new music, with Jonny's guitar producing "sounds that sound like they're coming from another planet". Just a snippet and it might not lead to much, but it might connect to a very certain guitar pedal mentioned down below.

7 October 2010 - Guy and Chris are performing a xylophone duetΒ in The BeehiveΒ (a neighboring recording studio) and you can see a sort of "solar system" in the far right. While Mylo may have been recorded during that time, I believe it was in the process of creatingΒ The Wedding AlbumΒ given the more stripped-down sound, as well as more carnival-like instruments (aside from the xylophone, Charlie Brown used to be played with an accordion). Might be speculation but it resembles a solar system, if Roadie ever built one.

11 February 2011 - Roadie 42'sΒ Blog #127Β talks about the studio being in a mess due to production (most likely Mylo was being produced already) and Jonny's working on the lead for MTM - Moving to Mars. Though the song certainly has the production style ofΒ MXΒ it doesn't match it thematically and story-wise, so that leads me to suspect that both MTM and Aliens originated during 2009/10, during the sessions directly after Viva - hence the story-telling, odyssey-space story being told.

1 May 2011 - Matt McGinn, a roadie during Coldplay's previous tours, publishes aΒ bookΒ called "Roadie: My Life on the Road with Coldplay", and on one page he details the introduction of theΒ Eventide H7600, a complex guitar pedal that - get this - provides the answer to the so-calledΒ Music of the Spheres. We don't know when this happened - it may have been 2009, 2010, or 2011 - but it's one of the bigger clues in this puzzle.

6 July 2017 - Coldplay's A L I E N S is released as part of theΒ Kaleidoscope EP, produced by Brian Eno and Markus Dravs alongside Rik Simpson, the very same team that producedΒ VivaΒ andΒ MX.Β 

18 November 2019 - The band, inΒ this article, are already reported to be working on the Follow-up toΒ Everyday Life. Chris said in an interview that Orphans was meant for another album, but instead was set in the tracklist of Everyday Life in betweenΒ GunsΒ andΒ Eko.Β 

22 November 2019 - Everyday Life, LP8, is released worldwide, and in the booklet was a page with a billboard saying "Music of the Spheres", a rover with the letters FFTF2024 on the plate, and, in small lettering, "Coldplay coming soon"... this is proof that LP9 is in the works.

10 December 2019 - Coldplay, inΒ an interviewΒ with Virgin Radio, talk about their new album, and Chris says while discussing the booklet image - "those images mean something".

16 March 2020 - Chris does an Instagram live to launch a huge series of similar concerts all over the world - here he talks about a "new song" that they're working on - as well as another song called UFO - given the title, it's reasonable to suspect the space theme.

2 May 2020 - On twitter, @MottyXyloto asks Coldplay about the Race - Phil replies that "it's coming, someday"... maybe a possible inclusion for LP9?

3 July 2020 - Coldplay updates their site and social media accounts, including signs that seem eerily similar to those on their website - one of the signs is a spiral similar to that in Mylo Xyloto, leading fans to believe MOTS to be a successor of Mylo.

6 July 2020 -Β The Race -Β at least the Ghost Stories version - is leaked onto the internet, sparking widespread surprise and, soon enough, the song is removed from Youtube, including past snippets leaked beforehand - maybe a signal that it's, as Phil said months before, coming someday...

5 February 2021 - The Sun (a totally reliable source) divulges information on Coldplay's new album, LP9, saying that it's almost done, and will surely shoot to the number 1 spot. Many other newspapers, such asΒ NME, report on this as well, while the band's representatives gave "no comment".

I don't know if I missed any because I'm typing this at 12:00 midnight, so tell me if I've missed anything and I'll go over it. It's also worth mentioning a couple of quotes from Roadie 42 during the 2010 recording sessions - "this might be their most ambitious project ever made", and "it may be the best yet to come..." It can't hurt to hope, and I'm definitely hoping for Brian Eno to be at least involved with a couple of songs on this album.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

- Separating this post into two because it got hidden for some reason

I've been putting this together for about a few hours now, and though it may not be concrete evidence, may just beΒ apopheniaΒ and may or may not even be a cohesive theory, I think this would serve as a good foundation for some theories. Let's start in chronological order:

20 September 2009 - Coldplay feature in a documentary on theΒ South Bank Show, promoting their album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, and in a section of the documentary they talk about creating a new album. It may or may not beΒ Mylo Xyloto, because the concept of Mylo was supposed to be a more stripped-down album (The Wedding Album), but that all changed when Chris wrote Paradise in 2010, a year later. At the 43:40 minute mark onΒ this video, you can hearΒ A L I E N S being previewed by the band alongside Brian Eno - Eno and Markus Dravs (producers of Viva) are listed on the producers section of the song.Β 

2 April 2010 - On Roadie 42'sΒ Blog #118, he mentions the band recording new material, including a particular request from Chris... "I'd like you to build a solar system"...

24 June 2010 - Roadie 42'sΒ blog #121Β details the band creating new music, with Jonny's guitar producing "sounds that sound like they're coming from another planet". Just a snippet and it might not lead to much, but it might connect to a very certain guitar pedal mentioned down below.

7 October 2010 - Guy and Chris are performing aΒ xylophone duetΒ inΒ The BeehiveΒ (a neighboring recording studio) and you can see a sort of "solar system" in the far right. While Mylo may have been recorded during that time, I believe it was in the process of creatingΒ The Wedding AlbumΒ given the more stripped-down sound, as well as more carnival-like instruments (aside from the xylophone, Charlie Brown used to be played with an accordion). Might be speculation but it resembles a solar system, if Roadie ever built one.

11 February 2011 - Roadie 42'sΒ Blog #127Β talks about the studio being in a mess due to production (most likely Mylo was being produced already) and Jonny's working on the lead for MTM - Moving to Mars. Though the song certainly has the production style ofΒ MXΒ it doesn't match it thematically and story-wise, so that leads me to suspect that both MTM and Aliens originated during 2009/10, during the sessions directly after Viva - hence the story-telling, odyssey-space story being told.

1 May 2011 - Matt McGinn, a roadie during Coldplay's previous tours, publishes aΒ bookΒ called "Roadie: My Life on the Road with Coldplay", and on one page he details the introduction of theΒ Eventide H7600, a complex guitar pedal that - get this - provides the answer to the so-calledΒ Music of the Spheres. We don't know when this happened - it may have been 2009, 2010, or 2011 - but it's one of the bigger clues in this puzzle.

Edited by TheBigBadBono
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

Just now, TheBigBadBono said:

- Separating this post into two because it got hidden for some reason

7 October 2010 - Guy and Chris are performing aΒ xylophone duetΒ inΒ The BeehiveΒ (a neighboring recording studio) and you can see a sort of "solar system" in the far right. While Mylo may have been recorded during that time, I believe it was in the process of creatingΒ The Wedding AlbumΒ given the more stripped-down sound, as well as more carnival-like instruments (aside from the xylophone, Charlie Brown used to be played with an accordion). Might be speculation but it resembles a solar system, if Roadie ever built one.

6 July 2017 - Coldplay's A L I E N S is released as part of theΒ Kaleidoscope EP, produced by Brian Eno and Markus Dravs alongside Rik Simpson, the very same team that producedΒ VivaΒ andΒ MX.Β 

18 November 2019 - The band, inΒ this article, are already reported to be working on the Follow-up toΒ Everyday Life. Chris said in an interview that Orphans was meant for another album, but instead was set in the tracklist of Everyday Life in betweenΒ GunsΒ andΒ Eko.Β 

22 November 2019 - Everyday Life, LP8, is released worldwide, and in the booklet was a page with a billboard saying "Music of the Spheres", a rover with the letters FFTF2024 on the plate, and, in small lettering, "Coldplay coming soon"... this is proof that LP9 is in the works.

10 December 2019 - Coldplay, inΒ an interviewΒ with Virgin Radio, talk about their new album, and Chris says while discussing the booklet image - "those images mean something".

16 March 2020 - Chris does an Instagram live to launch a huge series of similar concerts all over the world - here he talks about a "new song" that they're working on - as well as another song called UFO - given the title, it's reasonable to suspect the space theme.

2 May 2020 - On twitter, @MottyXyloto asks Coldplay about the Race - Phil replies that "it's coming, someday"... maybe a possible inclusion for LP9?

3 July 2020 - Coldplay updates their site and social media accounts, including signs that seem eerily similar to those on their website - one of the signs is a spiral similar to that in Mylo Xyloto, leading fans to believe MOTS to be a successor of Mylo.

6 July 2020 -Β The Race -Β at least the Ghost Stories version - is leaked onto the internet, sparking widespread surprise and, soon enough, the song is removed from Youtube, including past snippets leaked beforehand - maybe a signal that it's, as Phil said months before, coming someday...

31 January 2021 - "Music of the Spheres" moves into pre-publication as a trademark, meaning that the band has a certain connection with the phrase - an album, song, or tour, maybe?

5 February 2021 - The Sun (a totally reliable source) divulges information on Coldplay's new album, LP9, saying that it's almost done, and will surely shoot to the number 1 spot. Many other newspapers, such asΒ NME, report on this as well, while the band's representatives gave "no comment".

I don't know if I missed any because I'm typing this at 12:00 midnight, so tell me if I've missed anything and I'll go over it. It's also worth mentioning a couple of quotes from Roadie 42 during the 2010 recording sessions - "this might be their most ambitious project ever made", and "it may be the best yet to come..." It can't hurt to hope, and I'm definitely hoping for Brian Eno to be at least involved with a couple of songs on this album.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Let’s all not forget that we land on Mars soon!

https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/

Think Coldplay releases something this Thursday/Friday morning?? ?
#FFTF2020

I insist that this is related to LP9. A "Flight For The Future", starting on 2020 and ending 2024 (when people will be again on the moon). FFTF 2020-2024 --> FFTF2024

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Β 

Whilst that's true, the show for the VLV tour started with an overview of earth from space. During the intro for Life in Technicolor they started zooming in on where the concert was being held, ending on being completely zoomed in, and switching to the crowd cam. So the space background during glass of water could also be hooking into that.

This can kind of be seen here, albeit missing bits in the beginning.Β 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, technicolorized said:

Has anyone seen this?...

Β 

https://twitter.com/VinnyHolliday/status/1266061836991885313

Β 

Maybe the artwork forΒ "Music Of The Spheres" has something to do with Musical Geometry?

Ooooh! Nice find! If they are working with Jacob Collier again, I could definitely see them doing something as nerdy as this ?

17 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Let’s all not forget that we land on Mars soon!

https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/

Think Coldplay releases something this Thursday/Friday morning?? ?
#FFTF2020

If this is true, then I would think they'd be teasing something on social media by now, but... they're supposed to be "full of surprises" now according to Chris at the end of the Buenos Aires live album, so who knows?

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021