✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

In his interview with the podcast Lockdown Dads, Will mentions they were never meant to tour at this point even if there were no lockdown (at least that's what I understood). But he was very careful not to say anything about future plans apart from that they exist...

thinking we might be getting some new music this year but think the tour will still happen in 2022. This year's Fall might still be very risky and we won't be rid of Covid yet.

• Like 8

Hey guys, there’s a new Coldplay post from Instagram and it seems that Chris Martin will be performedΒ in the Grammys 2021 for some new music or maybe everyday life song featuring Dua Lipa

https://instagram.com/stories/coldplay/2524339420401143101?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=14ezwvakzsceb

Edited by Everyday life
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Everyday life said:

Hey guys, there’s a new Coldplay post from Instagram and it seems that Chris Martin will be performedΒ in the Grammys 2021 for some new music or maybe everyday life song featuring Dua Lipa

https://instagram.com/stories/coldplay/2524339420401143101?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=14ezwvakzsceb

Acoustic Viva La Vida, mark my words...

• Like 4

For the Grammy's my best guess is Chris will get the LOVE Choir to help out as I think they're LA based. So maybe they'll do Cry Cry Cry or BrokEn -- something similar to the stripped-back NPR Tiny Desk Performance. My second best guess is that he's collaborating with other artists to do some sort of tribute song.Β 

It'll be interesting to see how the performances go this year. If COVID never happened imagine the whole band performing Arabesque with Femi Kuti and and an orchestra and melting all our faces.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I still would love him to do Old Friends, When I Need a Friend, Èkó, Guns or even Wonder of the World / Power of the People, although I'm feeling it will be Everyday Life for its message and all. But I don't know, Chris always struggle with it, I really hope his voice is healed and rested enough for it.

• Like 3

It would make sense if he plays EL since it’s nominated for album of the year. I won’t expect more than 3 song. What could be possible it’s new costume but who knows they always surprises us

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 3:14 AM, amazingnico said:

It would make sense if he plays EL since it’s nominated for album of the year. I won’t expect more than 3 song. What could be possible it’s new costume but who knows they always surprises us

It's the Grammys, he won't play more than one song! And now that you guys mention it, I also thinkΒ he will most likely play Everyday Life.Β 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

My guess would be Everyday Life and Trouble in Town, since TiT is relevant to how shitty 2020-2021 has been. Perhaps an acoustic version of Orphans? I'm crossing my fingers that Jonny shows up since very occasionally "Chris Martin" means Chris and Jonny.Β 

I'm thinking it'll just be one song, considering how much the award ceremony has to get through in one night. One song, then move on.

But yeah, now that I think of it, it'll be one of the songs you mentioned... though each of them, especially Everyday Life and Trouble In Town, would likely sound better if Jonny were to join Chris. He really steals the show when they play those two songs. I hope he joins! But it's alright if he doesn't.Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I'm thinking it'll just be one song, considering how much the award ceremony has to get through in one night. One song, then move on.

But yeah, now that I think of it, it'll be one of the songs you mentioned... though each of them, especially Everyday Life and Trouble In Town, would likely sound better if Jonny were to join Chris. He really steals the show when they play those two songs. I hope he joins! But it's alright if he doesn't.Β 

Woah, theΒ song(s) would sound much better if Jonny joins inΒ indeed. But IΒ think it's going to be Chris alone, because the GrammysΒ announced ''Chris Martin of Coldplay'' andΒ I don't think W, G norΒ J will be joining Chris since they probably want to set a good example during the COVID pandemic these days.Β It would be a big surprise though! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Woah, theΒ song(s) would sound much better if Jonny joins inΒ indeed. But IΒ think it's going to be Chris alone, because the GrammysΒ announced ''Chris Martin of Coldplay'' andΒ I don't think W, G norΒ J will be joining Chris since they probably want to set a good example during the COVID pandemic these days.Β It would be a big surprise though! :classic_biggrin:

even if the other band members don't join, Chris'll still steal the show by himself. Coldplay live would sweep the board against all the other acts, though.

As much as I wanted Chris to play a song that didn’t really need the band that much (as I mentioned before in another post, Guns, Old Friends, When I Need a Friend, ÈkΓ³...), I really think he’s going to play Everyday Life, but not alone. I believe he will be accompanied by an orchestra band, at least a string session, as it happened in the early promotional concerts of the album.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, dxm3557 said:

As much as I wanted Chris to play a song that didn’t really need the band that much (as I mentioned before in another post, Guns, Old Friends, When I Need a Friend, ÈkΓ³...), I really think he’s going to play Everyday Life, but not alone. I believe he will be accompanied by an orchestra band, at least a string session, as it happened in the early promotional concerts of the album.

I would actually enjoy that! Plus the song just fits with what has happened over the past year with not only Covid, but the protests, politics and just life in general. Such a perfect song that captures all that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

Aww hell yeah! I love Brittany Howard. She's so incredibly talented and it'd be amazing if she'd work with the band in the future, but this was probably a Grammys-designed thing.Β 

Oh well, probably both Dua Lipa and Brittany Howard collab as well for the LP9

On 3/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, BerheavedTripod8 said:

It's going to be a collab between Chris Martin andΒ Brittany Howard.

Β 

Great news! Actually looking forward to this performance now! I really enjoyed Brittany's solo album.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021