✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

There was something funny around this line I can remember from this interview back in 2011 (or 12) that Chris wasn't sure if people from America would understand of what he's singing here or something like that, ''I'd rather be a comma than a full stop''

Edited by Gideon_Mx

wow, that's more than a little exciting. wonder if there will be a way to get a recording of that or something. totally random, but im listening to Daylight rn and I hope that gets redone sometime. feels like such a needed song after staying inside for the entire last year lol

• Like 1

So I have a theory. Coldplay’s trademark for “MOTS” is in the “Application Published” phase and has been since February 4th , 2021. It normally takes 2 months for it to be registered. If so that would happen April 4th , 2021. After that it takes 2 more weeks for it to be certified. If everything goes smoothly then they should own “MOTS” by April 19th! Which would be perfect timing because of their planned upcoming livestream concert on May 22nd. Maybe just maybe they might reveal something about LP9...

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

11 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

So I have a theory. Coldplay’s trademark for “MOTS” is in the “Application Published” phase and has been since February 4th , 2021. It normally takes 2 months for it to be registered. If so that would happen April 4th , 2021. After that it takes 2 more weeks for it to be certified. If everything goes smoothly then they should own “MOTS” by April 19th! Which would be perfect timing because of their planned upcoming livestream concert on May 22nd. Maybe just maybe they might reveal something about LP9...

I think they definitely will!  They are charging to watch this... I’m excited!

• Like 3

I wonder if this performance will be like the 2015 iHeartRadio show where the only "new" parts of their set were the outfits, instrument decorations, and stage decorations. They debuted the AHFOD aesthetic, but that was it. No new songs until they played Amazing Day at the Global Citizen Festival.

Who knows, maybe they'll do the same thing? Just depends on whether or not they'll have at least one new song rehearsed, and whether or not they plan on releasing something relatively quickly after the Music of the Spheres trademark becomes theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if the album is almost done and they spent most of the past year finishing it, sometimes remotely to lockdowns and sometimes together.

Anyways, I'm wondering who the next collaboration will be with. Each of the last several albums included at least one collaboration, and they've done several EP/non-album collabs... I know a lot of people here are wanting the band to work with Dua Lipa, but will that actually come to pass?

What if Chris's Grammy appearance with Brittany Howard was a hint that she's appearing on Music of the Spheres? I for one would like that a lot, especially if the song is reminiscent of her solo work or Alabama Shakes. 

3 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I wonder if this performance will be like the 2015 iHeartRadio show where the only "new" parts of their set were the outfits, instrument decorations, and stage decorations. They debuted the AHFOD aesthetic, but that was it. No new songs until they played Amazing Day at the Global Citizen Festival.

Who knows, maybe they'll do the same thing? Just depends on whether or not they'll have at least one new song rehearsed, and whether or not they plan on releasing something relatively quickly after the Music of the Spheres trademark becomes theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if the album is almost done and they spent most of the past year finishing it, sometimes remotely to lockdowns and sometimes together.

Anyways, I'm wondering who the next collaboration will be with. Each of the last several albums included at least one collaboration, and they've done several EP/non-album collabs... I know a lot of people here are wanting the band to work with Dua Lipa, but will that actually come to pass?

What if Chris's Grammy appearance with Brittany Howard was a hint that she's appearing on Music of the Spheres? I for one would like that a lot, especially if the song is reminiscent of her solo work or Alabama Shakes. 

just my opinion but I don't think Dua Lipa or any other big collaborators will join them for MOTS - and I think it's for the better. Sometimes the collaborators can hinder a song's greatness or change the song entirely. What I'd love though is the type of collaborations on Viva or Everyday Life, where an expert in the field or a much less famous person contributes something meaningful to the band. Everyday Life had Jacob Collier contributing his signature layered vocals and production on Church, Cry Cry Cry, and Everyday Life, Norah Shaqur's beautiful and haunting voice on Church and Bani Adam, Tiwa Savage's backing vocals on Eko, Femi Kuti's band and Stromae on Arabesque, the London VoicesChoir on When I Need a Friend, the Love Choir on BrokEn and in their live performances as well. The best collaborations are not when someone takes a large portion or feature in a song, but when their talents are used in little but really impactful ways.

Plus I do think that a new era will debut this May, but, I agree, not necessarily a new song. Although the Glastonbury empty and haunting nighttime grounds as well as the Pyramid Stage would be a really cool setting to debut a couple of space songs. I'd expect their typical Glastonbury hits to be played, but given how much the band loves live audiences and the lack of a live audience during the concert, we might have the opportunity to see more unknown and less played songs.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

just my opinion but I don't think Dua Lipa or any other big collaborators will join them for MOTS - and I think it's for the better. Sometimes the collaborators can hinder a song's greatness or change the song entirely. What I'd love though is the type of collaborations on Viva or Everyday Life, where an expert in the field or a much less famous person contributes something meaningful to the band. Everyday Life had Jacob Collier contributing his signature layered vocals and production on Church, Cry Cry Cry, and Everyday Life, Norah Shaqur's beautiful and haunting voice on Church and Bani Adam, Tiwa Savage's backing vocals on Eko, Femi Kuti's band and Stromae on Arabesque, the London VoicesChoir on When I Need a Friend, the Love Choir on BrokEn and in their live performances as well. The best collaborations are not when someone takes a large portion or feature in a song, but when their talents are used in little but really impactful ways.

Plus I do think that a new era will debut this May, but, I agree, not necessarily a new song. Although the Glastonbury empty and haunting nighttime grounds as well as the Pyramid Stage would be a really cool setting to debut a couple of space songs. I'd expect their typical Glastonbury hits to be played, but given how much the band loves live audiences and the lack of a live audience during the concert, we might have the opportunity to see more unknown and less played songs.

Uh yes they will, Dua Lipa joining Coldplay will happen as long as they confirm it but like we said we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Everyday life said:

Uh yes they will, Dua Lipa joining Coldplay will happen as long as they confirm it but like we said we will have to wait and see.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it happening? Just because Future Nostalgia had a "space theme" and MOTS has a space "theme" doesn't mean that she's going to collaborate outright. If you ask me I'd put my money on the album having a Brian Eno influence based on all the evidence and clues I've seen.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I'm sorry but I just don't see it happening? Just because Future Nostalgia had a "space theme" and MOTS has a space "theme" doesn't mean that she's going to collaborate outright. If you ask me I'd put my money on the album having a Brian Eno influence based on all the evidence and clues I've seen.

They are you’ll see what happens, we don’t know what will happen because that’s my opinion and Coldplay and Dua Lipa will happen when the time is right period. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Everyday life said:

They are you’ll see what happens, we don’t know what will happen because that’s my opinion and Coldplay and Dua Lipa will happen when the time is right period. 

I think Dua Lipa is god awful, along with almost all of today’s top 40 acts. I sincerely hope she will be nowhere near a Coldplay record. It was bad enough Rihanna was involved in POC and the Chainsmokers collaboration ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021