✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I think it's likely that the purple/pink gradient used so far will be part of the final album cover. As for the weird alphabet, that could be part of it as well, although they could use it like on David Bowie's Blackstar, where Bowie's name is written with different parts of stars - perhaps Coldplay could write the name of the album in the weird alphabet, and perhaps have it in proper letters underneath, like this (pretend the numbers are symbols):

89473 17 751 7830462

MUSIC OF THE SPHERES

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Aiko said:

I'm so happy they're going to release something new around my birthday ?

What a wonderful present.

I was just wondering, since the last two eras had posters to promote the albums... do you think this time they're promoting a single or the album itself? I know two weeks for an album release is strange but who knows.

I remember AOAL came less than a month before AHFOD. 

Guessing single since im still guessing Music of the Spheres is the album title itself. So, probably this Higher Power is probably the single title?

• Like 4

Just woke up and checked the forum (usual habit although I seldom post nowadays). All these news and speculations just made my day. Higher Power as a title seems political or could be something divine as well. Can't wait for May 7th! Hope we can bring back the energy of the forum like what we had in the MX era.

And to all you guys, wherever you are, I hope you're all safe and sound.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jc90 said:

Super excited about the space theme. As if I didn't know from the whole 'Music of the Spheres' thing. Brings me back to one of those R#42 posts where Chris asks whoever to 'build me a solar system'. Ever since then, I was eager to hear maybe something like an updated X&Y with space rock.

https://timeline.coldplay.com/article/roadie-42-blog-118/

I've had this in the back of my head for years. I so badly want this to come to fruition.

• Like 3

I didn't know about Legends until today ?. I like it but it sounds more like a remix to me. I'm still waiting for more findings from all Coldplayers! Kind of hate that almost all of you are sleeping right now and my night is just beginning lol ?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Jordanator said:

I think AOAL reigns supreme over Legends. The vocals are both impressively unique and awful. Imagine the intense backlash that the band would receive if they released this as the lead single to AHFOD...

As a lead single AOAL is def the better choice, that I agree with. 

20 minutes ago, Stanz2500 said:

Yes! One of them looks like the Big dipper.

Right?!! I thought I was going mad!! Doesn’t really mean anything, but it’s still a nice detail right?!
It sure has to do with Space,spheres, stars and who knows what more!!

LP9..!!!!  It has begun!!!! 

• Like 2

With the discovery of Alien Radio, I can't help but think of two other songs - strangely, it's these two songs that belong to that group of pre-Mylo songs that were allegedly part of the space rock album before Mylo, two songs that share similar lyrical themes of escape and refugees.

Aliens has the lyric "Diamonds ate the radio"

Moving to Mars has the lyric "and I heard it on the radio"

This raises the question - why would you include a radio reference that seems to jump out of nowhere? I don't know what the MTM lyric means but the Aliens lyric seems so random that it has to be a reference to something. Since there was an old song called Alien Radio that was unreleased but repurposed for today it seems to connect the three together.

• Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021