✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

26 minutes ago, Coeurli said:

I just rushed to check on VLV (Violet Hill has a video) but nothing yet :laugh3:

I had the same theory yesterday for X&Y. Only The Hardest Part had a video, but they added it to Fix You. I'd say that the next one will be in VLV song. Looks like they're using the big hitsΒ ?

Seems like the new album will def have something to do with every previous album.. They are using one song from each album for the cryptic code.. they recently sold lithographs for every album a at the store.. and the bottom on theirΒ Β main webpageΒ has an emblem flashing resembling every album (It's been there for a while now). Β I have a feeling we are in for something quite surprising and unique...

Β 

Edited by sa_spurs_tx
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Seems like the new album will def have something to do with every previous album.. They are using one song from each album for the cryptic code.. they recently sold lithographs for every album a at the store.. and the bottom on theirΒ Β main webpageΒ has an emblem flashing resembling every album (It's been there for a while now). Β I have a feeling we are in for something quite surprising and unique...

Β 

I don't think so. They did the same with Spotify for EL

• Like 3

Hi guys,

Β 

I'm happy to hear from the band and especially new music in this special time. I like the space theme, there is something very deep. I love Square One lyrics about thisΒ "the future is for discovery the space in which we're travelling"?

Β 

But can we be critical a bit too? I find that Coldplay campaigns are almost the same since AHFOD: anonymous posters in public places, encrypted message, mysterious website, pink color everywhereΒ and even Pilar Zeta for for the artwork ... Only GS era are different (with Mila FΓΌrstovΓ‘ for the artwork). I imagine that it takes campaigns to launch all this but I find that it lacks a little freshness.

Of course Β the album is the most important and probably the record company has a responsibility in this. Β But it looks like a routine and I am pessimistic, like boys work each in house and then send files by email because distance between CM in LA and the rest of the gang in UK. The ecological awareness of the group has surely made it so that they hardly see each other, and I believe a lot in the magic of working in the studio

Wait and see?

Β 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, stephen said:

I noticed! Anyone else miss the Oracle? I used to read the replies all the time

I miss the Oracle like hell, there were so many interesting and helpfulΒ replies (also in terms of gathering answers by fan in order to help someone asking stuff about life), so many technical peculiarities and especially for Jon's fans when she could ask Matt, now this all seems to be so cut off and far away... Is it me who thinks like that or was there actually an intention to integrate the whole Oracle's section during AHFOD's whole new website but that didn't happen? Because I somehow have a feeling that there were such talks about it being back?

Also I really miss R42's blog's entries during album recording and overall each type of entry, be it such ones with a bit of photographic reports or already tour diaries, always seemed to be absolutely brilliant and entertaining!

• Like 7

It goes a little like what I said above: I think that the group works a lot more remotely and the studio phases are fast because it is mostly recording. The Bakery must be more empty and the core of the team is probably reduced.

It will probably be different when a tour starts, this is where the team spirit is the strongest and where the guys are certainly more accessible. We haven't had a big tour for 4 years so it just reinforces the feeling of not being very "connected" with the team anymore.

Β 

Edited by thomasPh
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nikolette said:

I miss the Oracle like hell, there were so many interesting and helpfulΒ replies (also in terms of gathering answers by fan in order to help someone asking stuff about life), so many technical peculiarities and especially for Jon's fans when she could ask Matt, now this all seems to be so cut off and far away... Is it me who thinks like that or was there actually an intention to integrate the whole Oracle's section during AHFOD's whole new website but that didn't happen? Because I somehow have a feeling that there were such talks about it being back?

Also I really miss R42's blog's entries during album recording and overall each type of entry, be it such ones with a bit of photographic reports or already tour diaries, always seemed to be absolutely brilliant and entertaining!

Totally agree! I really miss getting back from school to read R42's and Oracle's answers, good old times. Maybe we won't see anything similar soon, I think that they change how the fans interact with the band and the new album process using clues and encrypted message as we have seen in the last albums, but hey, who knows, it'd be really awesome ?

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 4:13 PM, The Jordanator said:

I think it’s unintentional, has Pilar ever dropped any clues before album releases?

She posted in her story on instagram about Alien Radio. She tagged Coldplay, Rabbit hole, Alien Radio, AND Victor Cruise. This album art is gonna rock

Very excited!Β 
Β 

Love reading everyone’s theories, really excited to see what the band have cooked up.Β 
Β 

I was really unsubscribed to the idea that this could end up being for an EP and I’m still hoping this is the start of a new album campaign. HoweverΒ if the idea that the re-recording of Us Against The World is involved is true, mixed with people’s musings on the five symbols, it could maybe be the lead single released as an EP with 4 b-sides if there’s a big gap between the lead single and the album perhaps. I don’t think that’s likely the case, especially with the level of marketing involved but I’m just trying to understand the EP theories and the only way I can see that being the case is if the lead gets it’s own little EP, perhaps with a couple of reworked old songs, before the album comes out a few months later or somethingΒ 

BRING ON MOTS and fingers crossed The Race is involvedΒ 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, strawberrytom said:

Very excited!Β 
Β 

Love reading everyone’s theories, really excited to see what the band have cooked up.Β 
Β 

I was really unsubscribed to the idea that this could end up being for an EP and I’m still hoping this is the start of a new album campaign. HoweverΒ if the idea that the re-recording of Us Against The World is involved is true, mixed with people’s musings on the five symbols, it could maybe be the lead single released as an EP with 4 b-sides if there’s a big gap between the lead single and the album perhaps. I don’t think that’s likely the case, especially with the level of marketing involved but I’m just trying to understand the EP theories and the only way I can see that being the case is if the lead gets it’s own little EP, perhaps with a couple of reworked old songs, before the album comes out a few months later or somethingΒ 

BRING ON MOTS and fingers crossed The Race is involvedΒ 

I've been listening to The Race in anticipation for this new release ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stanz2500 said:

image0.thumb.png.265c5fc0ae86496bac2fb2d5ad76febf.png

Wait! The next one should've been Viva La Vida! I mean it was the logic thing to do, now there is no chronological pattern! We have Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y... Why Coldplay, why!? Well I think it's time for more crazy theories hahahaΒ ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

Could kaotonic be a song title? Maybe there's a new station on the alienradio page? I assume the songs will be dropped there one after the other over the next few days?Β 

Actually I believe the most logical explanation for that name is that it's actually the name of the language.Β 

We were expecting a video at some point based on the website info, so it's likely we'll get a short video of some kind, probably including a song snippet!

And yeah I agree, I believe it would be cool if they used the alien radio to include some song snippets there.

• Like 6

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021