✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Dunno if we've looked into this, may in fact be a little spoiler for the upcoming concert.

On Coldplay's official YouTube account there are on occasion an Kaotican symbol for1.

It appears on the bottom-right corner on some music videos.

I've noticed it's not for every song though.. for example Coldplay's Spies doesn't have one but Yellow does. Just curious if y'all think it's related to the song setlist for the upcoming concert or if it's important in the slightest. Would love your thoughts thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ex&Why said:

Coldplay filming a video at The O2 today?

Very interesting. I was thinking fireworks and confetti would be one of the first things to be left out of shows becuase of their push to be environmentally friendly. Maybe it doesn't count for music videos, or maybe they'll be back to usual extravagant shows like AHFOD and MX

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, stepstr said:

Whatever is MX2, I'm up for it. Quoting @shredhere, 'I'd pick MX over AHFOD any day' - seconded. Smth in between MX and X&Y is super welcome

If it's in between, I don't mind LP9 leaning more towards X&Y. Ha!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Took these (sorry for the bad image quality, these are only printscreens) from the videos from O2 shootings. It seems that the symbols are not only those 5 that we knew until now. My guesses is that in fact it's like MX era where each symbol is associated to one track of the album. So I think we are faced here with 'Music of the Spheres' album, with 12 tracks! Thoughts on this?

image.thumb.png.5fb370ca654537eb0887c8ee42369bd1.png

Edited by Su_Xyloto
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 5

There's no way they would go all out trying to promote a single and then disappear. They've changed the website and released that band photo from a few pages back that shows them in new outfits. They created a whole Kaotican alphabet that has something to do with the themes of this era, which looks quite a bit like the Klingon alphabet if you ask me ?

1 hour ago, Su_Xyloto said:

Took these (sorry for the bad image quality, these are only printscreens) from the videos from O2 shootings. It seems that the symbols are not only those 5 that we knew until now. My guesses is that in fact it's like MX era where each symbol is associated to one track of the album. So I think we are faced here with 'Music of the Spheres' album, with 12 tracks! Thoughts on this?

image.thumb.png.5fb370ca654537eb0887c8ee42369bd1.png

This is what I was thinking even before these extra symbols showed up. Every track on MX has a symbol.

Ghost Stories is the same way, including the bonus tracks:

198a27dc854fd4b5cda7b8d48a0c7337.jpg.df2b23482b37b0af109eb85a6ac5630c.jpg

Now what I'm wondering is if Higher Power is the first single of a new album and if each song on the album has a corresponding symbol... which one is used for Higher Power? Who knows, that may become clear once we know the complete lyrics to the song.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

His shirt reminds me of an Inverse Bullet Unicode symbol: (U+25D8) ◘

It's really hard to tell though not enough clarity.

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?

Legend has it, if you shine the Bucksignal during a clear night in Camden, Jonny will show up and play any song you ask him to. Sometimes he'll even sing Don't Panic if you're lucky. But he'll only do this if you scare off the sheep that follows him around, eating his hats and selling his guitars on eBay. Then, before he leaves, he'll tell you a cool fact about space as thanks. Jon will wave goodbye before getting a running start and leaping off the ground. Then he'll soar out of sight above the London skyline riding his guitar like a magic broomstick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

27 minutes ago, coldplaymakesmyday said:

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?

Legend has it, if you shine the Bucksignal during a clear night in Camden, Jonny will show up and play any song you ask him to. Sometimes he'll even sing Don't Panic if you're lucky. But he'll only do this if you scare off the sheep that follows him around, eating his hats and selling his guitars on eBay. Then, before he leaves, he'll tell you a cool fact about space as thanks. Jon will wave goodbye before getting a running start and leaping off the ground. Then he'll soar out of sight above the London skyline riding his guitar like a magic broomstick.

It's like you take it from my dreams ?

• Like 2

Higer power gonna be paradise 2, probably band thinking huge potential on this song like paradise so now ım thinking we’ll get single next Friday they are probably not announce album at least few more weeks maybe they will announce with second single maybe album arrive mid summer or september 

Either ETIAW or Paradise are really good pop songs. Which is what we can expect from Higher Power too. Thats not bad at all. ? I wouldn't raise my hopes too much of getting something really atmospheric with the new record. To me, it looks like a really poppy one coming up...

Edited by Westminster
  • Love 2

I really like White Shadows. But i highly doubt we're getting stuff like that.

For various reasons. One of them is that the band were never really satisfied with the X&Y album. Cant imagine they're going back into that direction personally.

Edited by Westminster
  • Sad 3

I feel like I’ve got no idea what to expect. Obvs it’s going to be poppy, it’s a shame if people are getting their hopes up for a big rock song but I still don’t know what we’ll get. I think it won’t be ASFOS level easy listening, and I think it’ll have more depth than HFTW, but yeah I could see it being Paradise, ETIAW or Adventure level. 

When I think about the two versions of The Race, they’re both synthy and modern, although the documentary version sounds like it’s got a bit of an older touch and neither of those are overwhelmingly typical pop and I’m kind of hoping that, along with some of their spacier songs have been used as a bit of a blueprint for the album. Idk, I’m sure whatever they put out will be really good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

You'd think so, but I think for quite a while now Coldplay has recognized/advocated about refugee issues and framed it around this alien theme. Look at A L I E N S - if you look at the actual lyrics, music video, and advocacy (end of the video calls for donations to Migrant Offshore Aid Station based in Malta, which aids Mediterranean refugees). Very similar themes about refugee issues in Daddy and Orphans, and recall Moving to Mars is named after the Mat Whitecross documentary about refugees. A lot of the refugee experiences is about landing in a foreign environment, literally being legally labeled as an "alien." And a lot of refugees want to go home but they can't because of ongoing conflict - the lyrics of Orphans and A L I E N S both get at the idea of wanting to go home. So in my mind this makes perfect sense - an album that tells a refugee story but through the palatable lens of space rock. This is an update on AROBTTH, an album about heartbreak and a little bit about war (Politik), dressed up in palatable alt piano rock. VLV is very much also an album about the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, but dressed up in a poppy uniform (speaking of poppies, I theorize that Prospekt's March/Poppyfields must have something to do with opium poppy production in Afghanistan). 

IMO this is probably the most reasonable theory. Even though the single's poppy and Max Martin's producing it, the marketing, themes, concepts, and planning for this seem so much more ambitious than anything since Mylo. The entire set-up of codes, alphabets, radio stations, etc. just screams a more ambitious (maybe not as experimental as EL) album. Not to mention that the term Music of the Spheres appeared way back in 2010 - the same time A L I E N S  and Moving to Mars were written.

Edited by TheBigBadBono
  • Like 9

What i really (!) hope for is more guitar riffs like in PoC. I know, not much love for that song but i LOVE that riff by Jonny ?

This, combined with an Aliens-sounding sort of song, would be perfect imho.

Edited by Westminster
  • Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021