🚀COLDPLAY PREMIERE THEIR NEW SINGLE 'HIGHER POWER' FROM SPACE✨

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Higher Power Out Now!

1 minute ago, TealAppeal said:

Yeah I caved and decide to listen to the 25 second clip. I wanted to wait for the full songs release but my eagerness got the best of me.

Like the musical nods to 80s music however I'll have to let the clip rest in my noggin before I can form a strong opinion.

It has been great to post in the, rank-the-albums-the-ultimate-ranking-based-on-your-song-scores thread. Gave me a chance to know what aspects I'm not as fond of as well as elements I adore in Coldplay's songs. If you have the time I encourage y'all to partake. 

If you have a link, count me in 😊

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LEAK  

Took these (sorry for the bad image quality, these are only printscreens) from the videos from O2 shootings. It seems that the symbols are not only those 5 that we knew until now. My guesses is that i

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?   Legend has it, if you shine the B

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

New music, new perspectives.

I don't have a strong opinion on it yet but I think this new era could be a more stripped back version of "Mylo Xyloto".

To all of you who feel skeptical on this new sound just imagine if 'Birds" was released as the first single off LP7.

That would have been weird.

Edited by Jdckcom
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Jdckcom said:

New music, new perspectives.

I don't have a strong opinion on it yet but I think this new era could be a more stripped back version of "Mylo Xyloto".

To all of you who feel skeptical on this new sound just imagine if 'Birds" was released as the first single off LP7.

That would have been weird.

I agree with this, yet Birds is a BRILLIANT song whether you like it or not. IMO (one of) the best on AHFOD.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Coldplay arrives with this album at the end of the era of the 80s vibe. Because if I remember correctly, the strokes started this with their album Angles, which stopped in the middle of this era due to the arrival of the funk daft punk album. But then I return to this vibe in a funk and electrosynth hybrid way. I would say that there is a time coming when music is not so inorganic and more than 70 when it comes to pop music. Examples: Dua lipa on her latest album. Taylor swift and his not so organic album, Bruno mars and his recent single. There is also a boom in independent artists, it is the case on Instagram that have that disco vibe. I'd say this 80s vibe is wearing off. Maybe Coldplay will come out on top of the wave.

1 minute ago, Dherlax said:

Yes it is plagie to Gaga for the advertising on the poster. Identical

At least the music is better 👀🤝🤝

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
Hace 1 minuto, fuzzyman20 dijo:

Al menos la música es mejor  👀 🤝 🤝

4EVER 😄

Edited by Dherlax
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Danny Boy said:

Unsurprisingly, that YouTube link was a fake. Just a segment of Legends.

I was there, waited the whole time. I got bamboozled good lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
33 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

Looks like they updated the YouTube profile photo. I up-sized the image.

youtube-2021-update.png

Looks like if they were staring at an UFO about to abduct them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
Posted (edited)

What if it's really gonna be MX2 and they'll drop it around the same time as MX1 but exactly ten years later 

Edited by stepstr
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, stepstr said:

What if it's really gonna be MX2 and they'll drop it around the same time as MX1 but exactly ten years later 

Well, with all these "what if" speculations Coldplayers also must be thinking:

What if...

I got it wrong
And no poem or song
Could put right what I got wrong 

🤔

• Like 6
  • Haha 10
1 hour ago, The Philosopher said:

Looks like if they were staring at an UFO about to abduct them.

OH MY GOD UFO 2 CONFIRMED TO BE ON MUSIC OF THE SPHERES

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 4
  • stephen changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Higher Power Out Now!