Jump to content
🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I like this kind of concept album. Or really any concept album because everything ties together in some way.

I guess it makes sense that a planet called Kaotica isn't exactly a happy place to live. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a metaphor for the experience of being an outcast. Someone who's a social reject may live among other people but feel like they're living alone on a distant planet. If that's the theme of Kaotica, then perhaps Higher Power is supposed to be about what it's like when somebody in that situation finds someone who reaches out to them. Somebody who tries to make them feel wanted and accepted.

Interesting theory! I have a feeling once the full album or full story comes out, we'll think the HP lyrics are less generic. Right now it can feel like "oh this is just a song about being happy???" but once we know more, I bet HP will be about a refugee/immigrant child, or perhaps someone who is not neurotypical and feels weird about stuff they're experiencing - the shoelace line seems like it could be a reference to Western humankind's misguided desire for order and organization. 

Similar sort of thing with ASFOS where it's like, is this just like a generic love song? NO - it's actually a sort of last ditch Hail Mary but also goodbye love song. The past tense constructions are the big clue there, it's "I think I SAW you..." as opposed to "I see you". So it's really a song about a fictional or unattainable love. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Everyday life said:

What does that mean, is it some sort of the next single ?

I found it now, sounds like another version of Higher Power 😲 Search in the bottom right corner at alien radio! Wow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Everyday life said:

What does that mean, is it some sort of the next single ?

It’s a slower chill version of HP. Quality is meh and doesn’t hit the chorus. Can hear guitar picking. I’m for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I found it now, sounds like another version of Higher Power 😲 Search in the bottom right corner at alien radio! Wow!

I believe that it's a snippet from the remix of Higher Power that's going to be released later this week

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coldplay will appear on Luminosity Gaming’s Twitch channel this Thursday evening to premier Zhu's hypnotic remix of #HigherPower 

7pm EST / 00:00 UK / 5pm PST
👽 bit.ly/3tUKyaf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Kaotica has something to do with Coldplay's eco views? Perhaps Kaotica is not a separate planet, but their vision of a future Earth where global warming has caused the extinction of important species of animals and plants on Earth, and human society has been brought down to its most basic form - 'kaos'. Because of people panicking, struggling to survive, Public services like rubbish collection are liquidated to fund militaries to keep people in order, but this makes the kaos worse. Civil war erupts in many countries around the world. The European Union falls apart at the seams, quickly followed by China, India and the USA, who all are reliant on each other. Only countries that are self-sufficient survive, but mental health issues spiral out of control, as people start to think they have no future in a world with no beauty and life. Suicide and disease begins to kill more people than food shortages, and further governments fall, destroyed by people who believe they have failed them. But this creates a lawless society, like a Hunger Game of 7 billion people. Eventually, everybody gives up. There is no life to live, so why live?

Luckily the world probably won't end up like that, but the story's good.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

Maybe Kaotica has something to do with Coldplay's eco views? Perhaps Kaotica is not a separate planet, but their vision of a future Earth where global warming has caused the extinction of important species of animals and plants on Earth, and human society has been brought down to its most basic form - 'kaos'. Because of people panicking, struggling to survive, Public services like rubbish collection are liquidated to fund militaries to keep people in order, but this makes the kaos worse. Civil war erupts in many countries around the world. The European Union falls apart at the seams, quickly followed by China, India and the USA, who all are reliant on each other. Only countries that are self-sufficient survive, but mental health issues spiral out of control, as people start to think they have no future in a world with no beauty and life. Suicide and disease begins to kill more people than food shortages, and further governments fall, destroyed by people who believe they have failed them. But this creates a lawless society, like a Hunger Game of 7 billion people. Eventually, everybody gives up. There is no life to live, so why live?

Luckily the world probably won't end up like that, but the story's good.

They said in the Higher Power debut chat with the astronaut that it was all allegory so yes, Kaotica has everything to do with their eco views :)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

The 4th logo in BTTF3 

 

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Screenshot_20210511-193017_Samsung Internet.jpg

filmbttf3d.jpg

I don't know if this was already been post, but I was listening to Politik and the last symbol seems quite familiar...

 

circus.png

Edited by _josemarcelo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

What is Harmony for My Song?

One of Coldplay unreleased songs from the MX era!

Another one Alien Radio has come out in that website so others might too.

Others include 

Gardeners on the Frontline 

Sex and Violence 

Great Expectations (Would love this)

 

COLDPLAY

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

One of Coldplay unreleased songs from the MX era!

Another one Alien Radio has come out in that website so others might too.

Others include 

Gardeners on the Frontline 

Sex and Violence 

Great Expectations (Would love this)

 

COLDPLAY

C A R  K I D S 🥺

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Aiko said:

C A R  K I D S 🥺

Lol they had another Cartoon Head/Heart that I think became Charlie Brown

Golden Arrow became DLIBYH

 

COLDPLAY

Edited by harrisonrules
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@harrisonrules -- Check out Los Unidades and Global Citizen EP ! Lucky you, you're going to get some new Coldplay songs today! Coldplay released an EP under the pseudonym "los unidades" a few years back and it's actually really good. Voodoo is a track Chris talked about around the MX era that never got released until recently. It features production from Calvin Harris,  backing vocals from Tiwa Savage, and a dope verse from Danny Ocean. 

I don't ever remember Car Kids being connected to Voodoo?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...