✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Yeah there are a couple threads on Reddit (one of which is the Coldplay subreddit) and most don’t think it’s Coldplay but possibly video game related. 

I don’t have anything shipped to work with the exception of the HP cd. That’s what isn’t adding up. I want to believe though haha. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, deltadon said:

I just got two diff post cards at work today. The only interesting thing about this is I had the higher power cd shipped here. I have never order anything from I am 8 bit. Strange. 

When Coldplay teased Everyday Life with postcards, didn't they only get sent to fans who had previously bought something from the Coldplay.com store? Why in the world are people who never ordered from iam8bit getting them, then... because a couple of days ago, it seemed like those were the only people getting them.

Who knows, then... maybe it's not iam8bit or Coldplay.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2021 at 3:46 PM, 42Escapist said:

It looks like people are really beginning to doubt that Coldplay is behind the postcards and poster in London. But I can't think of who else would be doing it at all. Maybe it's like those random monoliths people were building around the world.

Whatever this is, it's pretty neat. Definitely feels like Coldplay because it's not too different from what they did when they teased Everyday Life. It's just awfully soon after they first launched the Alien Radio teaser site and social media accounts. And it's worth noting that the Alien Radio social media accounts have been silent for about a week. It could be that they're trying to shift the focus to the postcards.

It could be that Higher Power comes from Kaotica but these postcards are supposed to be from aliens on a completely different planet, so naturally they're giving these new teasers a different aesthetic as opposed to what they used for Higher Power and Alien Radio. ?

I also thought about this.. They are taking the focus off of Kaotica , and each planet is a song and different style etc.. Its odd that its so close I dunno its also weird to send it to random ppl I really have no clue LL

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Sorry for spamming but my guess is that the postcards together make some sort of astrological chart, kind of like this, even though I'm not sure about all the symbols. Are they marking out some kind of happening, or a date when all of this occur? The picture is totally random, only to show a bit how I'm thinking.

natal-chart-1-4e0dd1b1.jpeg

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Sorry for spamming but my guess is that the postcards together make some sort of astrological chart, kind of like this, even though I'm not sure about all the symbols. Are they marking out some kind of happening, or a date when all of this occur? The picture is totally random, only to show a bit how I'm thinking.

natal-chart-1-4e0dd1b1.jpeg

That's a good guess if you ask me. Also, there's an entire reddit thread dedicated to this 'they're coming' thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stepstr said:

That's a good guess if you ask me. Also, there's an entire reddit thread dedicated to this 'they're coming' thing.

Yeah. Personally I think the postcards are a bit far-fetched to come from Coldplay. I feel that people should be able to solve more of if it was related to Music Of The Spheres. If they haven't gone totally x-files with their clues ?

It's interesting stuff though.

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Like 1

If you follow the r/TheyreComing subreddit, you'll see it's looking increasingly likely it's gaming related, and more specifically Fortnite. Some Fortnight streamers have received a DVD+ DVD player (!) with a video showing some drone shots + crop circles. And some people found one of the symbols in Fortnite: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheyreComing/comments/nl8j1z/someone_found_this_symbol_in_fortnite/

So the MOTS theories can be buried now I think. If this was Coldplay, they would not have sent those DVDs to Fortnight streamers.  

https://twitter.com/InTheLittleWood/status/1397535179296624642

https://twitter.com/AussieAntics/status/1397359085062819840

Off to put on my clown shoes now!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm not trying to challenge you, especially since I know you're both very smart and well-respected around here but I'm trying to understand how *I* would receive a Fortnite postcard.

I've never once played the game. Not even on someone else's account just to try it. Not on my Switch or Series X, I don't game on mobile or PC at all. I've bought games in general from Amazon and eBay but I've never played an MMO either, I don't play anything free to play and I don't even play multiplayer games outside of Kart and Smash, so I don't see how I could be a target demographic.

This is all very strange to me and I have a hard time believing it unless they're sending them to every person who has ever played a videogame. Not 100% on topic but if it lends more credence to the idea that the postcard is from Coldplay then maybe it'll be useful. :thinking:

PS I bought both my Switch and Series X second-hand so I can't see it being something directly from Nintendo or Microsoft, either. 

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dxm3557 said:

7 hours ago, Captain Crieff said:

If you follow the r/TheyreComing subreddit, you'll see it's looking increasingly likely it's gaming related, and more specifically Fortnite. Some Fortnight streamers have received a DVD+ DVD player (!) with a video showing some drone shots + crop circles. And some people found one of the symbols in Fortnite: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheyreComing/comments/nl8j1z/someone_found_this_symbol_in_fortnite/

So the MOTS theories can be buried now I think. If this was Coldplay, they would not have sent those DVDs to Fortnight streamers.  

https://twitter.com/InTheLittleWood/status/1397535179296624642

https://twitter.com/AussieAntics/status/1397359085062819840

Off to put on my clown shoes now!

Strange... oh well, I guess Epic Games is just experimenting with its own strange teasers. The similarity with Coldplay's teasers was just a coincidence.

But why in the world did people like @HowCouldIForget get a postcard if they have never even played Fortnite before? Maybe Epic Games just figured their own game is popular enough that they could send postcards to random people who have bought games online.

6 hours ago, HowCouldIForget said:

I'm not trying to challenge you, especially since I know you're both very smart and well-respected around here but I'm trying to understand how *I* would receive a Fortnite postcard.

I've never once played the game. Not even on someone else's account just to try it. Not on my Switch or Series X, I don't game on mobile or PC at all. I've bought games in general from Amazon and eBay but I've never played an MMO either, I don't play anything free to play and I don't even play multiplayer games outside of Kart and Smash, so I don't see how I could be a target demographic.

This is all very strange to me and I have a hard time believing it unless they're sending them to every person who has ever played a videogame. Not 100% on topic but if it lends more credence to the idea that the postcard is from Coldplay then maybe it'll be useful. :thinking:

PS I bought both my Switch and Series X second-hand so I can't see it being something directly from Nintendo or Microsoft, either. 

4 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

Strange... oh well, I guess Epic Games is just experimenting with its own strange teasers. The similarity with Coldplay's teasers was just a coincidence.

But why in the world did people like @HowCouldIForget get a postcard if they have never even played Fortnite before? Maybe Epic Games just figured their own game is popular enough that they could send postcards to random people who have bought games online.

Yeah I find it strange to send them to random people whoever is doing the advertising ?

• Like 2

If it's a collaboration of some sort then some of the addresses could also have been pulled from the Coldplay store.

Fortnite has hosted a few music events over the last couple of years already, e.g. Ava Max launched her album on the platform last year and BTS premiered a music video on there too. A few concerts have also taken place. These collabs are very lucrative, I read that Travis Scott earned $20million from his Fortnite concert!

Something else I came across when looking for a connection between Fortnite and Coldplay is the Sensorium Galaxy, which is supposed to launch in Q2 2021. Chris Martin, as co-owner of Tidal, has invested in this and Epic Games are involved in this new platform as well.

Even if it turns out that the posters and postcards have nothing to do with either of these I now believe that in future such collabs are likely to happen. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion