✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I like Coldplay trying new things but have never really been wild about their features. 

I prefer their features to be on an ep instead of a full release. I don’t get BTS and I’m happy for anyone who is happy. 

was just hopefully it would be like a one off like chain smokers thing. 

• Like 1

Well, in the end it's all about melody and the feeling a song delivers. If the lyrics are good too - the iceing on the cake. But it's not that important to me.

Lets be all honest, the Higher Power lyrics are meh. But the song has a great vibe and is uplifting and addictive. Pretty sure there will be at least 2 or 3 songs on MotS with more depth to it. 

Anyway, if i'm in the mood for some decent lyrics i still can head over to stuff like Cast No Shadow, Amsterdam or (like mentioned before) Violet Hill. 

Edited by Westminster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit worried by this possible BTS collaboration when considering Coldplay as a great live band. It better be a damn massive hit song or something weird that they never include in touring setlist or make another version for live performances, because obviously there will be will be a very few real live performances together with BTS on stage.

I'm not really enjoying the vocals coming from backing tracks in live performances, already Princess of China a bit annoyed me and there has been more and more prominent vocal tracks coming from backing tracks since that. Also Higher Power has a lot quite prominent backing vocals coming from a tape and I really hope this isn't going to be a trend for the future.

No hate against Coldplay trying out interesting new things, I just don't want their live performances to become a joke. If these vocal collaboration songs become important pieces in future setlist, they better work out how to make it genuine or make sure it's just one or two songs like that in setlist.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion