✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

38 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:
13 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Chris Martin of Coldplay Talks “Higher Power” & Working w/ Max Martin - YouTube

From twiiter, Chris said that they dont have that much more albums to make.... when they stop making albums.?

Classic Chris again ? 

Well, it's a whole other topic, but I guess it's fair to say at this point they are certainly halfway through their career. After being halfway through this actually seems finally like a fair thing to say by Chris, like it or not. ? 

41 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

Well, it's a whole other topic, but I guess it's fair to say at this point they are certainly halfway through their career. After being halfway through this actually seems finally like a fair thing to say by Chris, like it or not. ? 

It's a sad truth because they can only make albums for so long, but I wanna work with them at some point before they stop haha 

1 hour ago, 42Escapist said:

"A melodic orbit in three parts"

I wonder what that could mean... perhaps the album is divided into three groups of three or four songs, each.

20210608_103723.thumb.jpg.7f064c34b784e41eac19d5b86082d04b.jpg

816223485_20210608_103723(1).thumb.jpg.fcda23d10a7e0d2305c696f19ed40308.jpg

That's a bit confusing. If we stick to the orbit, we can't reach other planets or do they have all the planets on the same orbit in this solar system called The Spheres? ? 
Anyway, when not overthinking, it could mean that this album/project is separated into three parts, yes. Or maybe it is even 3 EPs, which make an album. I guess we are about to find out...

• Like 4

I wonder what that could mean... perhaps the album is divided into three groups of three or four songs, each.

It could also mean three special music videos in this realm, with this style by the same director...  ?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AnaMarie said:

It could also mean three special music videos in this realm, with this style by the same director...  ?

That's definitely possible. There's nothing that suggests Dave Meyers wasn't asked to make a three part series of music videos for this new era of Coldplay's career ? Maybe they'll tell a story that begins with Chris journeying into the Kaotican city. After all, lots of artists have released music videos that tie into one other.

1 hour ago, CP-EST said:

That's a bit confusing. If we stick to the orbit, we can't reach other planets or do they have all the planets on the same orbit in this solar system called The Spheres? ? 
Anyway, when not overthinking, it could mean that this album/project is separated into three parts, yes. Or maybe it is even 3 EPs, which make an album. I guess we are about to find out...

Interestingly enough, towards the end of the video you can see what looks like two other planets or moons overhead. Due to their size, they're probably moons of Kaotica.

You might be onto something with the theory that they'll release a set of three EPs. It'd be different from the conventional idea of how an album is supposed to be released, but artists can be inventive and release albums in non-traditional ways. It's happening more and more often. The latest Gorillaz album is a great example of this.

• Like 2

I noticed that the Music Of The Spheres intro from the Higher Power video is on exactly the same key as Always in My Head and O, you can literally paste the one over the other and they match. I pasted the "Ooooh don't ever let go" vocal from O and I can also hear some elements matching in timing on where they should be from the O Instrumental to the Music Of The Spheres intro. I don't know if that says anything, but atleast my guess is that it's the opening interlude from the album, like Mylo Xyloto was on MX, and how O was incorporated to Always in my Head and vice versa (O is essentially a stripped down version of Always in my Head with the background vocals "OoOoh don't ever let go" serving as lead vocals.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So we know that something will be divided in three parts. We also saw Chris running in the end of the video. Could it be a short movie with three music videos ? And the second part could be ... The Race ?  Let me dream ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry double post but wtf is this ???

Coldplayxtra on Twitter =>

Chris: “Right now I live in fear of being told off by Phil, who’ll be like ‘you shouldn’t have told anybody about that, we’re gonna surprize people’ - but if you like extremely heavy death metal jazz fusion, you’re going to like what we’re doing”  PopCrush

Edited by Eskapist
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 3

1 hour ago, Eskapist said:

Sorry double post but wtf is this ???

Coldplayxtra on Twitter =>

Chris: “Right now I live in fear of being told off by Phil, who’ll be like ‘you shouldn’t have told anybody about that, we’re gonna surprize people’ - but if you like extremely heavy death metal jazz fusion, you’re going to like what we’re doing”  PopCrush

Wow I told you I said it last year, hard rock metal it could be just like Nickelback and like Arabesque with jazz fusion ??

There are 12 different "spheres," so I'm guessing each of them represents one song. Maybe there will be more than 12 tracks on the album if we count little instrumental bits such as the Music of the Spheres intro.

5 hours ago, nowayme said:

I noticed that the Music Of The Spheres intro from the Higher Power video is on exactly the same key as Always in My Head and O, you can literally paste the one over the other and they match. I pasted the "Ooooh don't ever let go" vocal from O and I can also hear some elements matching in timing on where they should be from the O Instrumental to the Music Of The Spheres intro. I don't know if that says anything, but atleast my guess is that it's the opening interlude from the album, like Mylo Xyloto was on MX, and how O was incorporated to Always in my Head and vice versa (O is essentially a stripped down version of Always in my Head with the background vocals "OoOoh don't ever let go" serving as lead vocals.

This what I was thinking as soon as I first heard it in the Glastonbury live stream.

It makes me wonder... will it also be used at the end of the album? Just like how O is sampled in Always In My Head and a snippet of The Escapist is the intro to Life In Technicolor. Ghost Stories and VLVODAAHF go full circle.

• Like 4

This what I was thinking as soon as I first heard it in the Glastonbury live stream.

It makes me wonder... will it also be used at the end of the album? Just like how O is sampled in Always In My Head and a snippet of The Escapist is the intro to Life In Technicolor. Ghost Stories and VLVODAAHF go full circle.

I know that it might be a coincidence but all 4 songs (Always in my Head, O, Music Of The Spheres, Higher Power) are in G Minor and the female choir of Always In My Head/O is synchronized perfectly if you layer it over Music Of The Spheres. It works even better if you paste the "OoOoOh don't ever let go". Dunno, Music Of The Spheres might be actually an evolution of Always In My Head, kinda like how Bani Adam was an evolution of Kaleidoscope.

Edited by nowayme
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

That would make sense nowadays. I work for a label myself. The way Spotify works is that its more engaging to release small bundles because you can effectively boost 1 song per album, ep or single. So could be that they will release a few EP's in 'waterfall' adding a song each few weeks to an EP product. To boost popularity in the systems. Would make sense, spheres, planets. 3 planets, 5 songs each (hope) heheh. 

• Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion