✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

20 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

Β 

Β 

Here I go with another genre/style speculation, after listening to How You See the World. This is one of few, if not the ONLY, songs that involves a spoken/shouted lyric (as distinct from Lost+ and Miracles (Someone Special) having hip hop style rap). Listen to the 2nd verse, "We don't want to be rent trapped, we don't want to be shrink wrapped" which has a super cool effect at 2:15 since Chris, Jonny, and maybe Guy all shout the line at the same time.Β 

Β 

This made me think of some other artists that have employed similar techniques of spoken word over song. Consider Wolf Alice's Don't Delete the Kisses:

Β 

...or Johnny Marr (solo work post-the Smiths)

Β 

and check out Jon Batiste - in this case it's a bit more rapping and a bit less spoken, but still a really cool way to take a melodically-driven jazz song and add some very rhythmic rap/speaking:

Β 

Another related genre is rap rock. Check out this Muse B-side featuring the Streets. The musical style is very much a ripoff of Rage Against the Machine, which was a huge influence for early Muse.

Β 

EDIT I realize A L I E N S has some spoken word with the β€œsir or madam” section so my initial claim was wrong. But still interested to see if they’ll push that style further!

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

Doesn't it kind of resemble a face

kaotican-2.png

This is probably the most cursed comment on this forum ever... but that edit you did kind of looks like an Insane Clown Posse album cover

The BTS song must drop soon. We're nearing two months of Higher Power and at least in the U.S. the song isn't charting anymore and I haven't heard it on any radio stations.

Dropping a huge BTS track (especially if it's really, reallyΒ good) could help get Higher Power back on people's radar and potentially rocket Coldplay to #1 in preparation for an album announcement.Β Another possibility is this "Kubik" teasing is going to be another single release that isn't BTS to stave us over for a bit.Β 

• Like 3

I've been following Coldplay as a huge fan since A Rush of Blood and I can't remember everΒ seeing the band so excited to perform live again. It makes me want to see them live again so badly, I really can't wait! And I'm already having stupid thoughts about how I maybe won't be able toΒ get tickets, or won't be able to go to the concert for some reason. It'sΒ  driving me crazy, even though there's no tour announcement whatsoever.Β ?Β Coldplay hysteria...Β 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion