✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

59 minutes ago, driftaguy said:

4 songs per part/planet?Β 

Probably 3 singles that will have 3 videos

Part 1 was Higher Power and will consist of MOTS and HP on 1st 2 tracks

Part 2 willΒ be My Universe and will probably be track 5 for the 5 thru 8 section and last single will fall into the 9 to 12 rangeΒ 

I believe there will 12 tracks totalΒ 

• Like 6

I absolutely loved Taylor Swift's last two albums and how she wasn't afraid to just put all those songs out there & actually try some experimental (for her) sounds and collabs. I believe it's worth looking at her approach as a potential blue print for other big name artists.

ThatΒ  said... I highly doubt MOTS is going to be more than one album, but that'd be amazing. The "three parts" likely refers to three music videos/singles or three EP's that structure the album & its story. I like the EP theory because it lends itself to how modern music is released for streaming services in chunks to maximize streams & continue engagement in a crowded media space.Β 

New music has to drop soon, right?Β 

• Like 6

Δ± dont thinking we are getting new songs on july they probably wait a month slow a down little maybe agust we ll get a new single. and ep thing it could be possible maybe one of them rework some of the old song like u.f.o or us against the world chris mention one of the Instagram live but Δ± dont believe all ep release at once Δ±f they planing ep probably announce already mots will be regular album Δ±m so excitedΒ 

• Like 2

Think they're gonna come up with a new single, promote it even more than Higher Power. It should/could be a bigger hit too since BTS are right now a really popular band worldwide. Anything other than that I think will come out when the album is out or close to that.Β 

Β 

• Like 4

I'm trying to decide if I want to listen to any new singles before any album anouncements are made. Normally, I let myself listen to the first single, because there's a chance of hearing it anywhere (radio etc). and then just wait for the album, because I really like the experience of listening to an album for the first time.Β 

Mylo Xyloto was one of the least fun album releases for me, because they had already played so many songs live, there wasn't much surprise left in hearing the album. Especially because most of the songs that I didn't know back then were the parts like A Hopeful Transmission.Β Β 

I hope there will be some news about the album soon, so I can decide what to do when any new singles will be released..Β 

• Like 2

BTS apparently has a collaboration with Ed Sheeran also soon to be released. Probably July 9th. Maybe the oneΒ with Coldplay is for the same project/album as theirs and not even for MOTS. So it would make sense for Coldplay's next single to come out only in September as suggested by the information released earlier, which has proven correct so far.

• Like 4

Don't know if anyone else saw this but someone posted this in the discord. Angel Lopez (who helped with the production on EL, participating in the creation of Orphans and COTW) said that apparently during the EL recording sessions (or maybe even MOTS because we don't know how far back that project goes), Thundercat and Lianne La Havas were also in the studio? I know La Havas is already a huge fan and also opened for them during a leg in their AHFOD tour. The timestamp is at 6:00, if you guys want to check it out.

If this was during the recording for MOTS then we could see an album with a ton ofΒ collaborations, but I think a lot of them are going to be really, really promising. As of now we already have:

- Max Martin (Higher Power and potentially others)

- Jacob Collier (Human Heart and maybe others)

- We Are King (Human Heart)

- BTS (My Universe - not confirmed yet, obviously)

- Lianne La Havas (Potentially)

- Thundercat (Potentially)

- H.E.R. (According to one of the posts above)

- Jon Hopkins (Maybe? Given the space theme and his answer in his Reddit AMA)

- Madeon (IIRC he helped or had something to do with the Race, so he could also feature)

- Brian Eno (Unlikely, but given how far back the concept stretches, possibly?)

- More to come possibly?

This could end up being similar to Everyday Life, but with a more electronic and spacier sound. I'm excited!

Β 

Edited by TheBigBadBono
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Doesn't mean H.E.R.'s jamming with CM will end up on the album though. I think there's been A LOT of potential collaborators, at some point during MX stage and before even The Pierces were meant to be on some stuff, so thinking it all depends on what the song wants/needs!Β 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion