Jump to content
🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?   Legend has it, if you shine the B

Posted Images

I have paid close attention to this album cycle and press interviews, but when Chris mentioned handwritten note anyone else consider this being their last? I am not getting that sense in regards to anything else, but am getting that feeling from a few years back. that would be terrible timing to announce (upon an upcoming release ), but now I'm a smidge paranoid. why Chris, why now the personal effects of a handwritten note!?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay... those snippets from various songs, so much to unpack... I got the feeling I was changing radio stations

👁👄👁... can’t tell if that’s a good or bad thing! 🙈😅😂

Edited by AnaMarie
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnaMarie said:

Okay... those snippets from various songs, so much to unpack... I got the feeling I was changing radio stations

👁👄👁... can’t tell if that’s a good or bad thing! 🙈😅😂

I have a feeling this will be Everyday Life's pop sister.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of a wide range of musical styles in one album, I think that's a great challenge. It would easily turn messy and confusing for any artist or band but Coldplay just know how to make cohesive stories, so this is exciting!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

I have a feeling this will be Everyday Life's pop sister.

Omgs! You are right! 🙈😱

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

I have a feeling this will be Everyday Life's pop sister.

Quilty of listening the leaked trailer. Sounds quite eclectic, I have to say. Difficult to judge everything, because some clips are so short and not revealing much. Based on that, I wouldn't say it's Everyday Life's pop sister. It's more like a weird, outrageous and experimental step-brother. 😆

Last song sounds very sweet and soothing. I guess this is the one Chris played in some interview few months ago (to the moon and back)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god, the snippets feel so crazy. Specially the one after Human Heart, that one really got me excited!!

That being said, the only bad thing is that it appears to be a short album. I can count only around 9 tracks including some possible instrumentals

1 hour ago, nowthesky said:

One of the tracks we hear on the chinese site sounds exactly the same as the first part of life is beautiful

Please let it be true

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't listened to any snippets myself but in regards to the different musical styles - it would make sense with Chris saying this is how they imagine music sounding on different planets. Glad we will be hearing different styles and not just pop!

Edit: also I heard that The Race isn't featured in the snippets. I am still optimistic about them getting that out someday. Phil has talked about it too much recently for them to just drop it. He knows that a lot of fans want it, so hopefully it's a hidden track or on an EP down the line. 

Edited by coldplaykb
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pokegleek said:

That being said, the only bad thing is that it appears to be a short album. I can count only around 9 tracks including some possible instrumentals

 

I counted 12 distinct tracks but we'll see!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm going to listen to the snippets properly now, here's my reactions in real time!

  • apparently mots + higher power will be the opening tracks
  • very promising, i'm getting charlie brown vibes
  • fun? is that you? but like, better?
  • human heart!
  • THE HEAVY GUITAR OMG
  • ooh, this sounds like some good summer jam, what's with the little noise though?
  • is this some sort of experimental edm? wtf
  • interlude maybe?
  • aaw, a cute ballad
  • are those harps? now violins?

well guys, we won

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gustavothehuman said:

i'm going to listen to the snippets properly now, here's my reactions in real time!

  • apparently mots + higher power will be the opening tracks
  • very promising, i'm getting charlie brown vibes
  • fun? is that you? but like, better?
  • human heart!
  • THE HEAVY GUITAR OMG
  • ooh, this sounds like some good summer jam, what's with the little noise though?
  • is this some sort of experimental edm? wtf
  • interlude maybe?
  • aaw, a cute ballad
  • are those harps? now violins?

well guys, we won

so excited 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pokegleek said:

Oh my god, the snippets feel so crazy. Specially the one after Human Heart, that one really got me excited!!

That being said, the only bad thing is that it appears to be a short album. I can count only around 9 tracks including some possible instrumentals

Please let it be true

 

i love short albums, leaves less space for bullsh*t, that's why coldplay's discography is awesome

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coldplaykb said:

I haven't listened to any snippets myself but in regards to the different musical styles - it would make sense with Chris saying this is how they imagine music sounding on different planets. Glad we will be hearing different styles and not just pop!

Edit: also I heard that The Race isn't featured in the snippets. I am still optimistic about them getting that out someday. Phil has talked about it too much recently for them to just drop it. He knows that a lot of fans want it, so hopefully it's a hidden track or on an EP down the line. 

the tour will probably start in mid-2022, so an ep would be perfect to fill the void

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

i'm going to listen to the snippets properly now, here's my reactions in real time!

  • apparently mots + higher power will be the opening tracks
  • very promising, i'm getting charlie brown vibes
  • fun? is that you? but like, better?
  • human heart!
  • THE HEAVY GUITAR OMG
  • ooh, this sounds like some good summer jam, what's with the little noise though?
  • is this some sort of experimental edm? wtf
  • interlude maybe?
  • aaw, a cute ballad
  • are those harps? now violins?

well guys, we won

I bet the edm stuff is my universe

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pokegleek said:

Oh my god, the snippets feel so crazy. Specially the one after Human Heart, that one really got me excited!!

That being said, the only bad thing is that it appears to be a short album. I can count only around 9 tracks including some possible instrumentals

Please let it be true

 

Some are suspecting it’s gonna be a three part album; being this section of songs, the first part... 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gustavothehuman said:

i feel the same for some reason, but the leaked bits of my universe sounds completely different from that

It’s probably the intro of the song...!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnaMarie said:

Some are suspecting it’s gonna be a three part album; being this section of songs, the first part... 

That makes a lot of sense, specially with the Overtura name

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...