πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

2 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

can you share a link please? :wideeyed:

Here is where I saw it originally

Β 

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/products/coldplay-music-of-the-spheres-pre-order

Β 

However iv noticed it now in a couple of shops - it seems to be the description sent to all the independent record stores.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Mosts live performances of Up&Up amounted to 8-9 minutes, so a 10 minute prog track doesn't feel so far off. ?

Β 

Also, could People of the Pride be POTP off Everyday Life?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No, that was Power of the People....part of the lyrics itself
But yeah I also had the exact same thought??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

β™Ύ=Life Is Beautiful? From the trailer it does not spell that, so maybe LIB song title changed?

I think they renamed Life is Beautiful to "Humankind". Song 3, the intro sounds way too much like LiB

• Like 3

Full album announcement with a full track list. Album cover that's the same as the teaser in the Everyday Life booklet. Wow.

The "vol.i" bit in the announcement definitely has me thinking. Why mention that if there's no "vol.ii" on the way in the next couple of years? And "vol.iii" to fit with the "melodic orbit in three parts" thing? Could those be further studio albums in the coming years, which would basically make MOTS the biggest project they've ever done? I was under the impression that the album would just be divided into three distinct parts, maybe four songs each. But now that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like 10

? is "MOTS"
✨ maybe the name is really just the emoji or "Interlude". This one is the only one which the audio doesn't appear on overtura album preview and I don't figure out why. The MOTS 1 and 2 are also preludes and interludes so....
❀️ is "Human Heart"
? is "MOTS 2"
♾️ is "Infinity Sign" (my guesses are that this one is Life is Beautiful)

• Like 5

Just now, 21starboy said:

Should be a 3 part album Δ± am pretty sure vol 2 is rework some of the old song maybe next year, than 2023 another new album ?Β Β 

and the race not in this album probably maybe vol 2 or 3

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

Full album announcement with a full track list. Album cover that's the same as the teaser in the Everyday Life booklet. Wow.

The "vol.i" bit in the announcement definitely has me thinking. Why mention that if there's no "vol.ii" on the way in the next couple of years? And "vol.iii" to fit with the "melodic orbit in three parts" thing? Could those be further studio albums in the coming years, which would basically make MOTS the biggest project they've ever done? I was under the impression that the album would just be divided into three distinct parts, maybe four songs each. But now that doesn't seem to be the case.

I thought the same thing at first but now it appears we have 3 volumes containing at least 10 tracks each! I posted this on Twitter, but here is my theory:

2021 - Volume 1
2022 - Volume 2
2023 - Volume 3
2024 - FFTF (Coldplay's final album / possibly a collection of unreleased material)

Chris mentioned recently that they knew how many more albums they wanted to do. This would give them 10 LP's, a nice even number. Then from there they could just tour and release singles whenever they wanted.

Β 

Edited by coldplaykb
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

This is what I see from Overtura:
Β 

1. ?- Music Of The SpheresΒ (in all alphabets)

image.thumb.png.cea29c85406120d7da925d8d1c799c57.png

image.png.2787f138e0f3525b743cf1bb2f0deed2.png

Β 

2. Higher Power

image.png.60d9f33bf3a3247b1e43a2546f589ed8.png

Β 

3. Humankind

image.png.c78bd481c6681de318bc43a1e834f8bd.png

Β 

4. ✨ (Not in Overtura)

Β 

5. Let Somedody Go

image.png.b409a069bd3f484eb7332ebef2ed5420.png

Β 

6. ❀️ - Human Heart

image.png.eb98f8b0d254d424f6bdaafbdc48ac5d.png

Β 

7.1. People Of Pride

image.png.e4beb235dcf1ed8c58a0a60944b1a258.png

7.2. People Of Pride

image.png.792179381e6eb218f8b282c59424f80b.png

Β 

8. Biutyful

image.png.8b5e4ef9a900eee267e619326d3f1044.png

Β 

9. ?Β - MOTS 2

image.png.2eee0453cc4e2e5500d41c225482b3e8.png

Β 

10. My Universe

image.png.bfb6793df7471321faf057e8d688abbf.png

Β 

11.1. ♾️ - Infinite Sign

image.png.d7938b4b30c4feaea715c83873a0ee7c.png

11.2. Infinite Sign

image.png.2b15b2cbd5ef5a8f524de0ec3eabf6a8.png

Β 

12. Coloratura

image.png.303e5d5198fcf1d92e6ecbb5c78f3c9d.png

Edited by eddmen
A couple of typos I noticed after I hit Submit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Wow Colotura is gonna have a lot on it's plate! That's nearly a quarter of the album's run time, so it has a lot riding on it being good. Based on the snippets tho, it sounds absolutely incredible, almost like something Elton John would do but then with some epic Daft-Punk-Random-Access-Memories style spacey orchestral instrumentation. SO EXCITED TO HEAR IT

If Colotura would be anywhere near similar to the 8-minute Daft PunkΒ masterpiece 'Touch' on that album, I'd be in heaven....

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Miha said:

Seriously good this....

Thinking vol.2. and vol.3. might be EPs lengthwise...similar to Kaleidoscope probably and prior to that, Prospekt's March. Probably they liked more songs that they could put on one album. Can't wait for proper interviews on MOTS now.

Also, there surely are collaborators (that high pitched voice is surelyΒ Jacob Collier messing around!)

I'm thinking Vol.2 and Vol.3 will be EPs too, there's too much at stake when it comes to albums.

• Like 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion