โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Just now, the_escapist said:

It's greatย - it's very different

Cannot be compared to other great album closers such as Amsterdam, Death and All His Friends, O...

Actually Amsterdam came to my mind, the variant they used to do of this song as concert closer was outstanding and Coloratura is in the album-closers big leagues! Of course, as you said no comparison here...

• Like 1

I think they really did something big here. The progression of it is quite unexpected and totally unique. They really showed their depth here. Amazing symphony. Not much to say, in my opinion this is their greatest song so far.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ccrules2791 said:

Haven't posted in a while but the song compelled me too!

Just like Arabesque on the last album, this is a strong showing (alongside the more conventional single) of creativity (and I like Higher Power a lot) of creativity!ย 

Higher who?

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

A little early as I need better speakers tomorrow but it might top Arabesque as (imo) the best thing they've done since Violet Hill. Not the track I would listen non stop given its lengthย but looks like a WONDERFUL way to close the album.

Wow... i was not expecting to hear that after Higher Power and My Universe. This is such a great, dreamy progressive song... Some parts are really inspired by Moving to Mars, which is one of their most underrated songs.ย 

I just love it... But f*ck. We could have had a whole progressive album like Coldplay's Dark Side of The Moon... just imagine!! But Iย won't complain and I'm gonna enjoy one of the best songs they released in years... Thank you my 4 british friends ( 5 i love you too phil ) ?

ย 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

What are everyone's favourite rather long and potentially multi-part songs? (besides Everything's Not Lost and Up&Up of course ? )

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Snow Patrol's The Lightning Strike (the first two part is amazing)ย and the many Muse long songs. Haha. Muse does them so well!

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

Very very very surprise to hear this on this album. After Higher Power, you wouldnโ€™t think youโ€™ll get this.ย 

Maybe within the context of the ablution itโ€™ll make more sense.ย 

• Like 3

Have just signed up so I could give my response to Coloratura.ย 
ย 

First listen, wow, just left me speechless. Had to go back and listen again.ย 
ย 

2nd listen loved it even more. Hearing so many different elements of coldplay across there career. Hearing bits of all my other favourite actsย too, like Beatles, Radiohead, Queen, Pink Floyd, Bjork,ย Kraftwerk.ย 
ย 

Onto my forth listen now, this is one of the strongest songs they have ever made. A true masterpiece. Canโ€™t wait for the rest of the album.ย 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Care 1

For some reason because of Overatura I was under the impression thatย โ€œin this crazy world I do, I just want youโ€ was a part of the Infinity Sign songโ€ฆ I guess that song will be something completely different though.

I have no words forย Coloratura.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I really hope they'll remove the ad in the middle of the song on YouTube. The ones at the beginning and end should be enough. It was a weirdย interruption while listening.

Honestly, Iย think that if they cut a song like this down to 3-4mins and released as aย single that it would actually do better than HP. This style suits them as a bandย so much better in my opinion.

• Like 6

• Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion