✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

2 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

What are everyone's favourite rather long and potentially multi-part songs? (besides Everything's Not Lost and Up&Up of course ? )

Snow Patrol's The Lightning Strike (the first two part is amazing) and the many Muse long songs. Haha. Muse does them so well!

• Like 2

Have just signed up so I could give my response to Coloratura. 

First listen, wow, just left me speechless. Had to go back and listen again. 

2nd listen loved it even more. Hearing so many different elements of coldplay across there career. Hearing bits of all my other favourite acts too, like Beatles, Radiohead, Queen, Pink Floyd, Bjork, Kraftwerk. 

Onto my forth listen now, this is one of the strongest songs they have ever made. A true masterpiece. Can’t wait for the rest of the album. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3
  • Care 1

For some reason because of Overatura I was under the impression that “in this crazy world I do, I just want you” was a part of the Infinity Sign song… I guess that song will be something completely different though.

I have no words for Coloratura.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I really hope they'll remove the ad in the middle of the song on YouTube. The ones at the beginning and end should be enough. It was a weird interruption while listening.

Honestly, I think that if they cut a song like this down to 3-4mins and released as a single that it would actually do better than HP. This style suits them as a band so much better in my opinion.

• Like 6

Brilliant song. Mix of a lot of songs I like, DAAHF, 42, Atlas, MTM, Scientist. And perfectly in it's own new style. 10:18, loving that, f* radio edits. 

Gotta say I hear some Queen influence in there too (lyrics and piano) and track length haha. And some elbow. 10/10

Edited by tom043
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

post those goodies please!

Possible Humankind lyrics

My heart started glowing

I feel it inside It is flowing

I know I know I know I know

My heart started glowing

I know I know I know I know.

We are only human

I'm not 100% sure these are accurate BTW 

1 minute ago, harrisonrules said:

Possible Humankind lyrics

My heart started glowing

I know I know I know I know

My heart started glowing

I know I know I know I know.

We are only human

I'm not 100% sure these are accurate BTW 

can you post the source, please? :P

3 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I thought this "PM me" culture is forbidden. Are all the moderators on Coloratura now?  ?

It did take some time to get back to earth. 

Reminder, no distribution of unreleased material folks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think this’s the best closure to an album by them so far. I was afraid that we will get some silent minutes like we did on O lol. Overall this is the best closure to a Coldplay album by far.

If we get at least two more songs like this one it’ll be a great album. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[sorry to be double reposting here because i can't tell if the Coloratura thread or this thread is where all the action is at lol]

What a brilliant song in every possible way! My only complaint is Jonny's solo is a bit short. But my first few thoughts:

-The refugee-centric narrative becomes more clear here. MOTSvol1 sounds like a journey for an alien to somewhere that welcomes them. 

-The lyrics have an interesting common thread with SJLT and Flags, in which there's a lot of naming-of-historical-figures (if you count superheroes as historical figures). It's not my instant favourite way of being as compared to early Coldplay's vague angst, VLV era vague 1800s angst, or Up&Up which is full of fun imagery/literary references. But it works and it's cool. 

Various stylistic thoughts:

-What an interesting evolution of Moving to Mars, Gravity, Daddy in particular. The harps and strings are a great touch. I hope they can recreate all of that live!! Common to MTM and Coloratura and also HP is how much heavy lifting Will does vocally. He sounds GREAT. 

-A lot of Lydian mode is used in Coloratura, ie if you have a piano in front of you, play an F-to-F scale only on the white keys (as opposed to having a B-flat). You know what else is in Lydian mode? the theme to Back to the Future (and also the Simpsons lol). 

-Jonny tweeted on the CP Q+A that he was experimenting with a Meris Enzo synthesizer pedal. You can really hear it in the 1st chorus and a few other spots where the guitar is super um, synth-like. Eg the tremolo effect with shifting filter. And later he plays a melody that sounds like a synth but pretty sure it's generated from the guitar. SUPER COOL.

-The bassline is so cool! Phil tweeted and referred to it as "waterfall". It reminds me a lot of Explorers by Muse:

-The piano is obviously very good. A lot of chromaticism and interesting chord changes very reminiscent of Bohemian Rhapsdody and also United States of Eurasia by Muse:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

I really hope they'll remove the ad in the middle of the song on YouTube. The ones at the beginning and end should be enough. It was a weird interruption while listening.

Honestly, I think that if they cut a song like this down to 3-4mins and released as a single that it would actually do better than HP. This style suits them as a band so much better in my opinion.

Right, and the freaking YouTube algorithm knows when Jonny's solo starts and decided that's the best time to interrupt ?. I have it in Spotify, but there no lyrics there yet lol.

Could be a radio edit, but since is not officially a single I don't think is probably.

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion