🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

58 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Random question….anyhow I can convince CP to make Everglow (Live At Belasco Theater) unlisted on the YT Channel so it can get less views? 😬

You mean the version that should actually be on the album because it has guitar in it? Strange. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?   Legend has it, if you shine the B

Posted Images

9 hours ago, X AND Y said:

Just rewatched the Overtura trailer and something just doesn't add up with the planets and the music. Right after Humankind it's out of sync until People of the Pride. The Qubik planet seems to be in the wrong position as well. My guess is that the hidden track is in Humankind or a transition to Alien Choir.

Btw you can listen to the snippet of Alien Choir now on alienradio without all the distortions. Just heard it for the first time. 

And we can also listen to the snippet of MOTS 2 more clearly. I think it’s really the same intro that leaked with My Universe.

Btw MOTS 2 looks more like an “alien choir” than the snippet of the actual Alien Choir 😄

• Like 4

Well…I see 5 ways Ink can pass Everglow Live again…

1: Ink recovers and gets 9,000-12,000 while Everglow Live stays 7,000 forever daily.

2: Everglow Live sinks lower, to 5,000-6,000, while Ink gets back to an 8,000-9,000 daily.

3: Ink recovers more, getting 13,000-16,000 while Everglow Live gets 8,000-10,000 daily.

4: Ink spikes up and gets over 20,000-60,000 (Maybe from BTS ARMY or CP fandom helping?) daily views.

5: Ink stays 7,000-8,000 while Everglow Live gets unlisted, probably lowering its current daily views by half. Maybe a 2,000-4,000? 

I honestly don’t care which one happens. I just want it to happen. It’s not looking good again as of July 22nd. Is there nothing I can do! It’s been over 4 years and the current gap is 2,607,000+ Million…. I’m going to have another meltdown if Aug goes bad…. 😭

honestly? I think having EVERGLOW LIVE being Unlisted would the best option.

Edited by IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8
3 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Well…I see 5 ways Ink can pass Everglow Live again…

1: Ink recovers and gets 9,000-12,000 while Everglow Live stays 7,000 forever daily.

2: Everglow Live sinks lower, to 5,000-6,000, while Ink gets back to an 8,000-9,000 daily.

3: Ink recovers more, getting 13,000-16,000 while Everglow Live gets 8,000-10,000 daily.

4: Ink spikes up and gets over 20,000-60,000 (Maybe from BTS ARMY or CP fandom helping?) daily views.

5: Ink stays 7,000-8,000 while Everglow Live gets unlisted, probably lowering its current daily views by half. Maybe a 2,000-4,000? 

I honestly don’t care which one happens. I just want it to happen. It’s not looking good again as of July 22nd. Is there nothing I can do! It’s been over 4 years and the current gap is 2,607,000+ Million…. I’m going to have another meltdown if Aug goes bad…. 😭

honestly? I think having EVERGLOW LIVE being Unlisted would the best option.

I don't think views are everything in determining the quality of a song. Some of the band's best songs/music videos are their least viewed and least listened to, and that doesn't take away from it's quality - maybe it's just what people prefer (I also prefer Ink over Everglow Live, but I don't mind about it having more views). If the BTS collaboration gets more views that Violet Hill/Trouble in Town/Shiver, I don't think its much of a bad thing.

Plus, unlisting it would mean that it will probably vanish from YouTube due to their new rules being implemented.

• Like 3

I don't understand what any of this has to do with LP9. And first of all the most important thing is that all their videos get views = more money to the band? Second why is it a bad thing if Everglow get views? I don't get it...

• Like 8

What about the views HP and Coloratura have been getting in comparison to previous (promotional) singles? Do streams usually pick up a lot after an album has dropped?

5 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

I don't understand what any of this has to do with LP9. And first of all the most important thing is that all their videos get views = more money to the band? Second why is it a bad thing if Everglow get views? I don't get it...

I want Ink to pass Everglow Live in views. It’s been 4 years since Ink has done it before…. 

4 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

What about the views HP and Coloratura have been getting in comparison to previous (promotional) singles? Do streams usually pick up a lot after an album has dropped?

HP is at 17M and getting 140,000 daily. Can’t believe it did worst than Orphans on release in June. I’m confused by this…. Orphans getting a 2,000K daily, very bad compared to the other first singles. Then again EL wasn’t promoted very well. 

coloratura is at 100,000K daily, but it seems to be dying out slowly as of now. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I don't think views are everything in determining the quality of a song. Some of the band's best songs/music videos are their least viewed and least listened to, and that doesn't take away from it's quality - maybe it's just what people prefer (I also prefer Ink over Everglow Live, but I don't mind about it having more views). If the BTS collaboration gets more views that Violet Hill/Trouble in Town/Shiver, I don't think its much of a bad thing.

Plus, unlisting it would mean that it will probably vanish from YouTube due to their new rules being implemented.

I got a playlist of their vids, so Everglow Live wouldn’t vanish 

YouTube was on their last breath during Everyday Life era, now it's completely dead unless you're Latin American or Korean. Ads ruined the user experience and they lowered the reach of all artists. But anyway, Higher Power sits at 50M with all versions, Orphans have around 60M by doing the same, it will be surpassed in some months.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

Yeah, Spotify is definitely the biggest player when it comes to music streams. However, Youtube as a platform is still growing year on year both in terms of users and revenue, and for the majority of songs on EL Coldplay actually got higher streaming numbers from Youtube than Spotify (based on https://chartmasters.org/2021/06/streaming-masters-coldplay/). I was mainly looking at Youtube stats because those numbers are easier to find than those for Spotify.

It's true that HP might catch up with Orphans sooner or later, or maybe not. It depends on how its streaming numbers hold up, e.g how big of a boost the album release will be. They only stopped promoting HP very recently and I think usually once a campaign is over daily streams start to decline a bit more. I don't know how the trend looked like for Orphans from its release onwards but its streams have declined to a lower level than their other lead singles now. 

Anyway, I was basically trying to gauge how well MOTS will do commercially. 😉 

2 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

Yeah, Spotify is definitely the biggest player when it comes to music streams. However, Youtube as a platform is still growing year on year both in terms of users and revenue, and for the majority of songs on EL Coldplay actually got higher streaming numbers from Youtube than Spotify (based on https://chartmasters.org/2021/06/streaming-masters-coldplay/). I was mainly looking at Youtube stats because those numbers are easier to find than those for Spotify.

It's true that HP might catch up with Orphans sooner or later, or maybe not. It depends on how its streaming numbers hold up, e.g how big of a boost the album release will be. They only stopped promoting HP very recently and I think usually once a campaign is over daily streams start to decline a bit more. I don't know how the trend looked like for Orphans from its release onwards but its streams have declined to a lower level than their other lead singles now. 

Anyway, I was basically trying to gauge how well MOTS will do commercially. 😉 

I make the sales for Coldplay Charts and the streams to units ratio is a lot smaller for Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, etc. YouTube on the other hand tends to make more streams, but generate far less revenue since it's a "free" platform. The best way to support the band and increase their sales right now is focusing on paid methods!🧐

• Like 1

higher power's chart-run in the uk:

12-25-19-21-23-20-21-24-24-29-23-28

the song is holding its sh*t together inside the top 40 surprisingly well, two more weeks and it will be their second most successful lead single in the region! not sure if we can reach 20 weeks charting in the top 100 though, but that would be wonderful

• Like 2

Please don't get me wrong, as if i am in any way atacking the band... But, i imagine how cool it would be if coldplay release as song as simple yet with some real emotion underneath as The scientist. I became a fan in 2006, or 2007, so i imagine there is a new single and I press play a The scientist that i never heard before, starts. It would be so good. Sorry for being off topic in a way. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

higher power's chart-run in the uk:

12-25-19-21-23-20-21-24-24-29-23-28

the song is holding its sh*t together inside the top 40 surprisingly well, two more weeks and it will be their second most successful lead single in the region! not sure if we can reach 20 weeks charting in the top 100 though, but that would be wonderful

That's looking great, let's hope it stays in the top 100 long enough!

So how does a chart run like this translate into sales though, and how do the overall sales of HP compare to previous singles and albums? I think looking at sales (physical, digital and streaming) says more about how many people a song reached than chart positions alone since those also depend on what other artists released songs at the same time. So far it looks like orphans did better overall but that can still change.

Airplay is a different story, HP definitely outperformed Orphans there!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

That's looking great, let's hope it stays in the top 100 long enough!

So how does a chart run like this translate into sales though, and how do the overall sales of HP compare to previous singles and albums? I think looking at sales (physical, digital and streaming) says more about how many people a song reached than chart positions alone since those also depend on what other artists released songs at the same time. So far it looks like orphans did better overall but that can still change.

Airplay is a different story, HP definitely outperformed Orphans there!

Orphans sold 1.7M and Higher Power 1M, considering how the former had much less time to gather units, it will probably end at 2-4M in the long run, that should put it in the same league as Violet Hill, In My Place, etc.

It's so weird to me how most Coldplay leads have average to low sales, the only ones to properly smash were Magic and Adventure of a Lifetime. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall might be a candidate too, but 6M in ten years is a bit underwhelming in my opinion.

• Like 1

I am only realizing but I think that the leaked version of My Universe starts with MOTS 2 since Chris starts singing just around the 21 second mark and 21 seconds is MOTS 2's length. It also sounds the same as the snippet in Alien Radio FM.

And if My Universe album version lasts 4:45 minutes, we are missing over 40 seconds of My Universe. Maybe that is why it cuts so abruptly in the instrumental part at the end.

Also, I would bet that this leak is the version for the music video. It's like what happened with HP, which included MOTS 1 in its video.

• Like 4
  • Care 1
11 hours ago, Pokegleek said:

I am only realizing but I think that the leaked version of My Universe starts with MOTS 2 since Chris starts singing just around the 21 second mark and 21 seconds is MOTS 2's length. It also sounds the same as the snippet in Alien Radio FM.

And if My Universe album version lasts 4:45 minutes, we are missing over 40 seconds of My Universe. Maybe that is why it cuts so abruptly in the instrumental part at the end.

Also, I would bet that this leak is the version for the music video. It's like what happened with HP, which included MOTS 1 in its video.

It is Mots 2

Question about pre-ordering from the coldplay site - it says ships *on* Oct 15, but if I want to own the CD, does that mean one wouldn't receive the CD until a few days after the 15th? (I'm too stingy to ADDITIONALLY buy the digital download since the CD includes a download card). In the past I've only bought from local record stores but since I'm in the process of moving and I really want the cassette, seemed reasonable to buy off the CP site.

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow

My question is also relating to Coldplay's shop website.

Pre-ordered a Higher Power tee and the website said it would arrive "2021 July" however I've been checking my emails and nothing has come in.

Have any of y'all gotten your Higher Power merch yet?

2 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

My question is also relating to Coldplay's shop website.

Pre-ordered a Higher Power tee and the website said it would arrive "2021 July" however I've been checking my emails and nothing has come in.

Have any of y'all gotten your Higher Power merch yet?

Try to send them an email, my Higher Power CD was late so they shipped another one.