✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

On 8/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, gustavothehuman said:

Try to send them an email, my Higher Power CD was late so they shipped another one.

Luckily I was near my front entryway and heard someone slip something into my mail box. Turns out it was my Coldplay shirt. I'm very pleased with it.

Β 

They used the fictional K language (forget the name sorry) to indicate the sizes.Β 

4 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Sorry to self-repost but hoping to get an answer to this?

ALSO is anyone interested in trading a red cassette for a green cassette LOL? I want to get the Coloratura case, but want the Floris tape because I have PREFERENCES and love green/teal.Β 

For your first question,

I too don't know the answer. I believe you can contact Coldplay on thier Tweeter account and someone mamaging that account may take a look at it. Its not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Β 

For your second question, I don't plan to order that collection unfortunately.

Since I've known of Coldplay (2002) I have been buying only their music from CD discs. I don't have anyΒ plans to changeΒ up the format.

Got this metal mesh box in the 2000s or so and I've had my smallΒ musical CDs collectionΒ in there.Β I'm excited to add Coldplay's 9th one later this year.

I do ownΒ 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it hasΒ this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

For your first question,

I too don't know the answer. I believe you can contact Coldplay on thier Tweeter account and someone mamaging that account may take a look at it. Its not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Β 

For your second question, I don't plan to order that collection unfortunately.

Since I've known of Coldplay (2002) I have been buying only their music from CD discs. I don't have anyΒ plans to changeΒ up the format.

Got this metal mesh box in the 2000s or so and I've had my smallΒ musical CDs collectionΒ in there.Β I'm excited to add Coldplay's 9th one later this year.

I do ownΒ 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it hasΒ this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

I hear you! That's worth a shot.Β 

I don't even own anything that plays cassettes but damnit they're so pretty that I have to have one. I am in the seeming minority that actually likes the MOTS cover a lot, but I just love the planets/Coloratura-nebula. Hilariously, I ALSO get 100% of my Coldplay through CDs with the exception of the Kaleidoscope EP which is an extremely pretty shade of turquoise (the CD is a stupid shade of pink or something) even though I don't have vinyl player. So I can relate. ?Β 

22 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

I own most on vinyl as well as CD's but to be honest I am not sure what all the hype is around vinyl's. Yeah they look cool but they sound terrible. Idk maybe I just have a bad record player but I recently bought a new one and all the records I tried kept skipping. Plus there is a constant static noise. I'd rather just listen on a CD/streaming lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coldplaykb said:

I own most on vinyl as well as CD's but to be honest I am not sure what all the hype is around vinyl's. Yeah they look cool but they sound terrible. Idk maybe I just have a bad record player but I recently bought a new one and all the records I tried kept skipping. Plus there is a constant static noise. I'd rather just listen on a CD/streaming lol.

Playing vinyl records takes effort.Β 
Β 

The quality of the record you what to play matters. The quality of your turntable , stylus , speakers will also matter. You can have a great setup, but a terrible pressing of a record or a cd / digital sourced pressing isn’t going to sound amazing.Β 
Β 

for me I do enjoy the work that it takes to listen to something. I have many great memories looking at records , pulling out the inserts from cassettes and cds. Vinyl has obviously been making a come back these last 10 years but with streaming services for movies and music , and physical media on the decline it was a good connection for me.Β 
Β 

that a brief summary for my experience with vinyl. Also the plural of vinyl is vinyl ?Β 

• Like 1

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;))Β 

not much difference to the original gs version tho, just a guitar solo in the end, slight change of lyrics, the bridge is different(with the female voice from the ahfod version), more strings, more drums, more jonny, the outro is nice tho

• Like 4
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 1

7 hours ago, oheezen said:

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;))Β 

not much difference to the original gs version tho, just a guitar solo in the end, slight change of lyrics, the bridge is different(with the female voice from the ahfod version), more strings, more drums, more jonny, the outro is nice tho

The differences throughout the song for the first 3 minutes are quite minimal. And you can tell it just doesn't feel done yet. But damn, I absolutely LOVE the last bit with the drum fills and eclectic/distorted guitar (somewhat reminds me of the Speed of Sound guitar). Hope this will remain in the final version ?Β 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, 42JTR said:

The differences throughout the song for the first 3 minutes are quite minimal. And you can tell it just doesn't feel done yet. But damn, I absolutely LOVE the last bit with the drum fills and eclectic/distorted guitar (somewhat reminds me of the Speed of Sound guitar). Hope this will remain in the final version ?Β 

It's amazing! To me is sounds like V1 is from sometime during the GS era and V2 is from early on in the AHFOD era. The female voice is Merry Clayton, who provided backing vocals for some songs on AHFOD (AOAL + Up&Up). So this version is probably a version before the one we hear in the doc.Β 

I really hope they end up releasing it this era.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

It's amazing! To me is sounds like V1 is from sometime during the GS era and V2 is from early on in the AHFOD era. The female voice is Merry Clayton, who provided backing vocals for some songs on AHFOD (AOAL + Up&Up). So this version is probably a version before the one we hear in the doc.Β 

I really hope they end up releasing it this era.

For some reasons V2 sounded just like a draft where they shared the ideas of what and where can possibly be in the song: like, the drumming might be in that place and maybe more extended, the guitar solo can be like this and maybe at that part where it actually was or maybe for the part altogether withΒ Merry Clayton's vocals (some notes of that solo are already there) because her part sounded even more not integrated, and on V1 it somehow soundedΒ like already being more certain what to layer where but it seems to beΒ the very first stage that's why it's without the solo and Merry Clayton, can it be like that?

The AHFOD doc version has such a drastically different mood comparing to these two versions, so that I'm not sure anymore if it was even some kind of a final version of these two and it sounds more MX-era for sure. And I love that Merry Clayton's part there is in intro, feels powerful.

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion