Jump to content
🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021


Recommended Posts

On 8/1/2021 at 1:44 AM, Pokegleek said:

I am only realizing but I think that the leaked version of My Universe starts with MOTS 2 since Chris starts singing just around the 21 second mark and 21 seconds is MOTS 2's length. It also sounds the same as the snippet in Alien Radio FM.

And if My Universe album version lasts 4:45 minutes, we are missing over 40 seconds of My Universe. Maybe that is why it cuts so abruptly in the instrumental part at the end.

Also, I would bet that this leak is the version for the music video. It's like what happened with HP, which included MOTS 1 in its video.

Yeah, the leak seems to have MOTS II interlude attached to it and...

Hot take: Aurora could be the little instrumental bit at the end of My Universe!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

My special edition CD came early...so it's just leaked inside my house 😀

Posted Images

On 8/1/2021 at 4:31 PM, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Question about pre-ordering from the coldplay site - it says ships *on* Oct 15, but if I want to own the CD, does that mean one wouldn't receive the CD until a few days after the 15th? (I'm too stingy to ADDITIONALLY buy the digital download since the CD includes a download card). In the past I've only bought from local record stores but since I'm in the process of moving and I really want the cassette, seemed reasonable to buy off the CP site.

Sorry to self-repost but hoping to get an answer to this?


ALSO is anyone interested in trading a red cassette for a green cassette LOL? I want to get the Coloratura case, but want the Floris tape because I have PREFERENCES and love green/teal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, gustavothehuman said:

Try to send them an email, my Higher Power CD was late so they shipped another one.

Luckily I was near my front entryway and heard someone slip something into my mail box. Turns out it was my Coldplay shirt. I'm very pleased with it.

 

They used the fictional K language (forget the name sorry) to indicate the sizes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Sorry to self-repost but hoping to get an answer to this?


ALSO is anyone interested in trading a red cassette for a green cassette LOL? I want to get the Coloratura case, but want the Floris tape because I have PREFERENCES and love green/teal. 

For your first question,

I too don't know the answer. I believe you can contact Coldplay on thier Tweeter account and someone mamaging that account may take a look at it. Its not guaranteed but worth a shot.

 

For your second question, I don't plan to order that collection unfortunately.

Since I've known of Coldplay (2002) I have been buying only their music from CD discs. I don't have any plans to change up the format.

Got this metal mesh box in the 2000s or so and I've had my small musical CDs collection in there. I'm excited to add Coldplay's 9th one later this year.

I do own 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it has this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

For your first question,

I too don't know the answer. I believe you can contact Coldplay on thier Tweeter account and someone mamaging that account may take a look at it. Its not guaranteed but worth a shot.

 

For your second question, I don't plan to order that collection unfortunately.

Since I've known of Coldplay (2002) I have been buying only their music from CD discs. I don't have any plans to change up the format.

Got this metal mesh box in the 2000s or so and I've had my small musical CDs collection in there. I'm excited to add Coldplay's 9th one later this year.

I do own 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it has this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

I hear you! That's worth a shot. 

I don't even own anything that plays cassettes but damnit they're so pretty that I have to have one. I am in the seeming minority that actually likes the MOTS cover a lot, but I just love the planets/Coloratura-nebula. Hilariously, I ALSO get 100% of my Coldplay through CDs with the exception of the Kaleidoscope EP which is an extremely pretty shade of turquoise (the CD is a stupid shade of pink or something) even though I don't have vinyl player. So I can relate. 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

I do own 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it has this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

I own most on vinyl as well as CD's but to be honest I am not sure what all the hype is around vinyl's. Yeah they look cool but they sound terrible. Idk maybe I just have a bad record player but I recently bought a new one and all the records I tried kept skipping. Plus there is a constant static noise. I'd rather just listen on a CD/streaming lol.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coldplaykb said:

I own most on vinyl as well as CD's but to be honest I am not sure what all the hype is around vinyl's. Yeah they look cool but they sound terrible. Idk maybe I just have a bad record player but I recently bought a new one and all the records I tried kept skipping. Plus there is a constant static noise. I'd rather just listen on a CD/streaming lol.

Playing vinyl records takes effort. 
 

The quality of the record you what to play matters. The quality of your turntable , stylus , speakers will also matter. You can have a great setup, but a terrible pressing of a record or a cd / digital sourced pressing isn’t going to sound amazing. 
 

for me I do enjoy the work that it takes to listen to something. I have many great memories looking at records , pulling out the inserts from cassettes and cds. Vinyl has obviously been making a come back these last 10 years but with streaming services for movies and music , and physical media on the decline it was a good connection for me. 
 

that a brief summary for my experience with vinyl. Also the plural of vinyl is vinyl 😉 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;)) 

not much difference to the original gs version tho, just a guitar solo in the end, slight change of lyrics, the bridge is different(with the female voice from the ahfod version), more strings, more drums, more jonny, the outro is nice tho

  • Like 4
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oheezen said:

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;)) 

not much difference to the original gs version tho, just a guitar solo in the end, slight change of lyrics, the bridge is different(with the female voice from the ahfod version), more strings, more drums, more jonny, the outro is nice tho

The differences throughout the song for the first 3 minutes are quite minimal. And you can tell it just doesn't feel done yet. But damn, I absolutely LOVE the last bit with the drum fills and eclectic/distorted guitar (somewhat reminds me of the Speed of Sound guitar). Hope this will remain in the final version 🙂 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 42JTR said:

The differences throughout the song for the first 3 minutes are quite minimal. And you can tell it just doesn't feel done yet. But damn, I absolutely LOVE the last bit with the drum fills and eclectic/distorted guitar (somewhat reminds me of the Speed of Sound guitar). Hope this will remain in the final version 🙂 

It's amazing! To me is sounds like V1 is from sometime during the GS era and V2 is from early on in the AHFOD era. The female voice is Merry Clayton, who provided backing vocals for some songs on AHFOD (AOAL + Up&Up). So this version is probably a version before the one we hear in the doc. 

I really hope they end up releasing it this era.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oheezen said:

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;)) 

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

It's amazing! To me is sounds like V1 is from sometime during the GS era and V2 is from early on in the AHFOD era. The female voice is Merry Clayton, who provided backing vocals for some songs on AHFOD (AOAL + Up&Up). So this version is probably a version before the one we hear in the doc. 

I really hope they end up releasing it this era.

For some reasons V2 sounded just like a draft where they shared the ideas of what and where can possibly be in the song: like, the drumming might be in that place and maybe more extended, the guitar solo can be like this and maybe at that part where it actually was or maybe for the part altogether with Merry Clayton's vocals (some notes of that solo are already there) because her part sounded even more not integrated, and on V1 it somehow sounded like already being more certain what to layer where but it seems to be the very first stage that's why it's without the solo and Merry Clayton, can it be like that?

The AHFOD doc version has such a drastically different mood comparing to these two versions, so that I'm not sure anymore if it was even some kind of a final version of these two and it sounds more MX-era for sure. And I love that Merry Clayton's part there is in intro, feels powerful.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, harrisonrules said:

It's just Tiesto and Acoustic HP 

This makes me think they're saving as much material as they can for MOTS Vol. 2, whether it's an album or an EP.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

So what’s that tiny blue planet all about then?

Maybe there are so many HP versions and remixes to populate an entire planet of their own?

Edited by LisaFeehily
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...