🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

Glad we've finally figured it out. And obviously Volume 3 will be another set of HP remixes, cause you can never have too many of those! Or there'll be more remixes of the remixes of the remixes. Kaotican lyrics this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?   Legend has it, if you shine the B

Posted Images

I'm not too happy about this news of 2 songs for the Japanese audience

...however...

If they have it available through a digital music platform to buy the same date (or same week) as when the Japanan's CDs are released, I'll survive.

Let it be known that I'm very much not in favor of this practice.

I was just listening to different leaks of The Race, and one thing that interests me is how different they sound. The version in the AHFOD documentary sounds like a completely different song to the one that has leaked, yet they share a lot. The leaked 'full' version does not have the bit from AHFOD in it. Perhaps they're different songs?

Hopefully the AHFOD version is the one that will come out; I prefer it to the full song by a lot.

• Like 1

The Race V2 indeed is a hybrid between The Race V1 and its AHFOD iteration.
But still, we shall wait for Higher Power remixes MOTS vol 2, it's highly likely that The Race would be ready by then :V

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am surprised the following only hit me now:

- The AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" literally shares the same type of beat as "Lovers In Japan" (the snare drum in particular), it's just a little faster in "The Race"

- The second line of "Lovers in Japan" even contains "until the race is run",  the AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" contains: "I keep racing until the race is run".

It makes me think that the version from the AHFOD-movie is in fact an - of course updated - version that was created before the Ghost Stories version. This makes me curious which version they intend to release in the future.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, JustSomeone said:

- The AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" literally shares the same type of beat as "Lovers In Japan" (the snare drum in particular), it's just a little faster in "The Race"

- The second line of "Lovers in Japan" even contains "until the race is run",  the AHFOD-movie version of "The Race" contains: "I keep racing until the race is run".

It makes me think that the version from the AHFOD-movie is in fact an - of course updated - version that was created before the Ghost Stories version. This makes me curious which version they intend to release in the future.

Quite interesting indeed!  Also, which part of the AHFOD movie does the song come on? Thanks!

1 hour ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Quite interesting indeed!  Also, which part of the AHFOD movie does the song come on? Thanks!

At exactly 1:03:19/1:44:35. Under the commentary from Chris and Will, you should be able to hear a snippet of The Race (AHFOD).

On 8/9/2021 at 8:15 AM, JustSomeone said:

I think this version was for Kaleidoscope EP, but it got scrapped and then they added on AHFOD documentary. 

• Like 2
On 8/9/2021 at 1:05 AM, GeraldLe said:

The Race V2 indeed is a hybrid between The Race V1 and its AHFOD iteration.
But still, we shall wait for Higher Power remixes MOTS vol 2, it's highly likely that The Race would be ready by then :V

Would anyone be able to send me V2? I can only find it on one site and I can’t access it. I’d appreciate it. 

Hi guys!!!

Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In the article Rossi also discusses his collaboration with Coldplay and to the last question: "Beside 'Higher Power' and 'Coloratura', what can you tell us about the other songs from Coldplay's next album?", he replies: "The other songs have a vintage sound but they retain the group's characteristic essence. There'll be their typical positive perspective on life, that 'good vibration' which is fundamental in these hard times."

Hope you'll find it interesting! 😆

• Like 17
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Hi guys!!!

Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In the article Rossi also discusses his collaboration with Coldplay and to the last question: "Beside 'Higher Power' and 'Coloratura', what can you tell us about the other songs from Coldplay's next album?", he replies: "The other songs have a vintage sound but they retain the group's characteristic essence. There'll be their typical positive perspective on life, that 'good vibration' which is fundamental in these hard times."

Hope you'll find it interesting! 😆

That is indeed interesting, thank you!!

• Like 2
On 8/11/2021 at 2:10 AM, TheBigBadBono said:

Thought you guys might want to read this. I don't know anything about music theory at all, but it's good to see the band getting recognition from actual Emmy-winning composers and other people of that nature. Check it out!

https://www.stereogum.com/2156845/coldplay-coloratura-music-theory/columns/in-theory/

Great analysis in this article!!!! Very similar tricks Explorers plus United States of Eurasia by Muse, and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

if anyone is curious what Lydian mode sounds like, listen to the Simpson’s theme and I guarantee you’ll hear Coloratura!

• Like 3