🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

this song is literally a career high, after 23 YEARS no one gets to complain about this album anymore for me, NO ONE, i'll protect it with my whole existence 🔪

Posted Images

6 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

I wonder how MU will do in views. It might be the band’s biggest views in a day? (Coldplay.)

I also hope it boosts Higher Power as well. But I’m pretty sure it won’t.

HP will have a boost but not anything big, and to be honest it's Coldplay's fault, they let the song die when it was actually doing a miracle on the charts considering the poor playlisting.

2 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

the same ATRL insider who talked about Higher Power mentioned there's a solo version for the song

Screenshot_20210914-121643_Chrome.jpg

Oh my!! Now I'm digging for a Coldplay solo version of the song!!!

10 hours ago, driftaguy said:

This has actually grown on me. I'd prefer it over X Marks The Spot anyday

It's a nice beat and I like Chris' melodies. It's clearly an unpolished demo/idea and you can tell he was trying to come up with lyrics. I think people are too harsh on it lol. It actually fits well right after Army of One.

• Like 3

XMTS should have been a b-side imo. I think it gets a bad rap as well. It's undeniably catchy and shows the band's production talents. My main issue is the bass synths sound almost exactly like Swimming Pools by Kendrick Lamar and the song itself sandwiched between Army of One and Amazing Day is a weird transition. 

Coldplay usually is SO good at putting together thoughtful tracklists. I'm curious how MOTS is gonna flow and if there's MOTS II and MOTS III, how they will all tie together into a larger listening experience. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

XMTS should have been a b-side imo. I think it gets a bad rap as well. It's undeniably catchy and shows the band's production talents. My main issue is the bass synths sound almost exactly like Swimming Pools by Kendrick Lamar and the song itself sandwiched between Army of One and Amazing Day is a weird transition. 

Coldplay usually is SO good at putting together thoughtful tracklists. I'm curious how MOTS is gonna flow and if there's MOTS II and MOTS III, how they will all tie together into a larger listening experience. 

MOTS II comes before My Universe. 

I think this album will flow really well in spite of the genre variety. They're basically taking the idea of Everyday Life and sharpening it while also making the album more commercially viable. Except for Coloratura, that will hurt the streams, so it was a smart decision letting that one have its own moment.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

I wonder how MU will do in views. It might be the band’s biggest views in a day? (Coldplay.)

I also hope it boosts Higher Power as well. But I’m pretty sure it won’t.

I predict it'll have more views than Coloratura in about 1-2 hours and will surpass HP within a week if not sooner.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

I predict it'll have more views than Coloratura in about 1-2 hours and will surpass HP within a week if not sooner.

Lady Gaga and Blackpink's Sour Candy audio had 21,8 million views in the first day on YouTube. With that said:

• BTS have the biggest kpop fan base.
  • Parlophone will give a major push since it's an official single and not a promotional.
  • Coldplay will probably release a high budget video.

I think My Universe is making 50 million on the first day at the very least.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

The song is not anywhere near as bad as Someting Just Like This so I wouldn't say it's sad.

Coloratura deserved those possible +50M views though.

Ok, but SJLT has a good sound, catchy beat, nice drop. How is THAT subjective? If the song was bad, as in: off key and a lot of static? That’s not subjective, that’s a fact BAD.

But how does a song that sounds good (Catchy, pretty melody) subjective? but when a song has random noises and off key, that’s not subjective, that’s a fact bad. This makes NO sense. 

it even has that awesome Guitar at the end!

Edited by IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8
4 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Lady Gaga and Blackpink's Sour Candy audio had 21,8 million views in the first day on YouTube. With that said:

• BTS have the biggest kpop fan base.
  • Parlophone will give a major push since it's an official single and not a promotional.
  • Coldplay will probably release a high budget video.

I think My Universe is making 50 million on the first day at the very least.

I think it's not so easy to reach 50m the very first day. I would be impressed even if they reach the half of this number

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Ok, but SJLT has a good sound, catchy beat, nice drop. How is THAT subjective? If the song was bad, as in: off key and a lot of static? That’s not subjective, that’s a fact BAD.

But how does a song that sounds good (Catchy, pretty melody) subjective? but when a song has random noises and off key, that’s not subjective, that’s a fact bad. This makes NO sense. 

I agree. SJLT is a BANGER and I like listening to it from time to time. My Universe will do much better than SJLT though although this ain’t about doing a cashgrab collab, they actually genuinely idolise each other, breaking down those barriers and giving BTS the honour of being on a Coldplay album. It’s probably the most wholesome collab they’ve ever done. Since Army is involved, it will no doubt smash all Coldplay records

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, The Jordanator said:

I agree. SJLT is a BANGER and I like listening to it from time to time. My Universe will do much better than SJLT though although this ain’t about doing a cashgrab collab, they actually genuinely idolise each other, breaking down those barriers and giving BTS the honour of being on a Coldplay album. It’s probably the most wholesome collab they’ve ever done. Since Army is involved, it will no doubt smash all Coldplay records

I also wonder if the ARMY will stay with us in the coming months, years even. And I also hope HOPE they get CP more views on YT daily. That be a damn miracle and super exciting since I check 168 videos every single day for the past 4 years.

3 hours ago, nowthesky said:

I think it's not so easy to reach 50m the very first day. I would be impressed even if they reach the half of this number

BTS had broken the record for most views in a day multiple times, this will be a landslide.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

I also wonder if the ARMY will stay with us in the coming months, years even. And I also hope HOPE they get CP more views on YT daily. That be a damn miracle and super exciting since I check 168 videos every single day for the past 4 years.

The Army is massive, so I'm sure a good amount of them will check out Coldplay's catalogue and possibly become fans, specially because they can tell when a collab is genuine (Halsey) or a quick cash grab (Jason Derulo). But anyway, you check videos one by one? There's actually a website for that 💀

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

The live version is decent, I'll give you that and we bury this matter here 🤣

37 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

The Army is massive, so I'm sure a good amount of them will check out Coldplay's catalogue and possibly become fans, specially because they can tell when a collab is genuine (Halsey) or a quick cash grab (Jason Derulo). But anyway, you check videos one by one? There's actually a website for that 💀

I prefer just doing it myself.