✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

10 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

I agree. SJLT is a BANGER and I like listening to it from time to time. My Universe will do much better than SJLT though althoughΒ this ain’t about doing a cashgrab collab, they actually genuinely idolise each other, breaking down those barriers and giving BTS the honour of being on a Coldplay album. It’s probably the most wholesome collab they’ve ever done. Since Army is involved, it will no doubt smash all Coldplay records

I think it's similar to the Chainsmokers collab, if anything it's more of a cash grab. They've been marketingΒ this collab quite well, talking about shared values etc. But at the end of the day BTS are very much a brand. They have an incredibly long list of brand deals under their belt, more than I've ever seen with any other artist. It's quite impressive actually, but those deals are made because they're very lucrative. It's not all about their music or their values. I always liked how ColdplayΒ mostly stayedΒ away from such deals and focused on their music instead as well as projects like the Make Trade Fair campaign or Global Citizen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the average person / non-fan will look at this collab and say it's a sellout and or cash grab but I genuinely don't think it is. Will it be a smash hit and sell an incredible amount? Yes. But that doesn't mean the band have sold out. If this collab was a natural and organic one, which it seems like it was, then I have no problem with it.

I doubt it will be my favorite Coldplay song, but I am looking forward to it and I honestly like what I have heard so far!Β 

Edited by coldplaykb
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

Creo que la persona promedio / no fan verΓ‘ esta colaboraciΓ³n y dirΓ‘ que es una venta o un robo de efectivo, pero realmente no creo que lo sea. ΒΏSerΓ‘ un gran Γ©xito y venderΓ‘ una cantidad increΓ­ble? Si. Pero eso no significa que la banda se haya vendido. Si esta colaboraciΓ³n fue natural y orgΓ‘nica, como parece, entonces no tengo ningΓΊn problema con ella.

Dudo que sea mi canciΓ³n favorita de Coldplay, pero estoy deseando que llegue y, sinceramente, Β‘me gusta lo que he escuchado hasta ahora!Β 

Beyonce, The Chainsmokers, Avicii, Jay Z, Rihanna...Β 

Β 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:28 AM, TheBigBadBono said:

Friendly reminder that THIS monstrosity exists:

Β 

I think that the song, had it been worked on more, could have been good. Currently the vocals sound like he's pretending he's from Bristol, and the rest of the song is a bit tinny, but a re-mix (I don't mean a remix) and new vocals would make the song Fineβ„’.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:12 AM, jphantom said:

I've heard the full song, but here's a snippet Coldplay posted on TikTok. Despite it being VERY Newplay, I absolutely love it.

I like it as well. It sounds a lot better made than Higher Power (which I have grown to like quite a bit) and the lyrics don't seem bad at all. The snippet in Overtura was also my favourite one out of the songs that haven't been released yet. But obviously I'll need to hear the whole thing to make my mind up fully.

• Like 3

One of my favorite remixer and DJ, Tom Middleton (former Global Communication), who remixed Jon Hopkins "Light through the veins" (and even did a mash up between LTTV and Death and all his friends (this remix was not available commercially)) has a new album in late october.

Called GCOM - E2 - XO

Look at this artwork. (more on Bleep)

244094.thumb.jpg.b1eab7c98b9410d4defd654d3f60e498.jpg

3 hours ago, johnnymax8652 said:

New box setΒ ?Β including planet Aurora... it seems it has its own alphabet too

Screenshot_20210917-193732.jpg

I’m pretty annoyed that there still keep coming different versions. Why not announce all of them at once? Now i’ve already pre-ordered, but I would’ve loved this truly limited and numbered version. Now it’s already soldout anyway ?

3 hours ago, Bauk said:

I’m pretty annoyed that there still keep coming different versions. Why not announce all of them at once? Now i’ve already pre-ordered, but I would’ve loved this truly limited and numbered version. Now it’s already soldout anyway ?

That's just how the music industry is inΒ these days sadly

32 minutes ago, ticking_clocks said:

Every time I see people talking about β€œThe Race” I remember when we couldn’t stop talking about β€œCar kids” ?. If you know, then you’ve been on this sub for awhile… 

I don't know why everyone's so desperate for The Race to be officially released when we already have like 3 different versions leaked.

It would be better for a track we haven't heard to be released instead imo, would LOVE for it to be Car Kids!Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The iHeartRadio set was awesome - though 25 minutes is definitely not enough for Coldplay now. I sort of wonder how long their sets will be this time. I'll assume they'll do the full MOTS + Viva/Yellow/Fix You/Charlie Brown/ASFOS + some of Magic/Scientist/ETIAW/AOAL/Clocks?Β 

Human Heart is shaping up quite nicely. I was a little underwhelmed the first time hearing it live given it's minimalism but the vocal harmony is just so good now that it's a tearjerker

• Like 3

I think iheartradio festival performances are waste of time. Because they always happen when we are expecting something new but band chooses not to play anything new. 2015 - We were expecting them to play a new song from AHFOD but they didn't. 2017 - Up&Up was exciting but we were expecting them to play one of Kaleidoscope EP songs. 2020 - We were expecting a live concert with a new song from MOTS -especially The Race was so popular in that time-Β but it was pre-recorded performance with classics. In this year i was disappointed because i was expecting them to play Coloratura. I mean MOTS+HP was ok. But i think they could play Coloratura instead of 2 of other 4. It was good because they are back again with audience but sorry except that it was a total waste ?

On 9/17/2021 at 10:55 PM, Bauk said:

I looked at the US Store just a few minutes ago and managed to order one. Completely sold out in EUstore though. If you're in the EU but still want one, use a vpn to get to the US store.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion