✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Been listening to leak, quilty. Since everyone already discusses and writes about it, I'm adding a few thoughts.

To start with, this album feels like a great journey and it flows surprisingly well, although it's quite eclectic. Definitely the concept of this album is very strong. Starting with with very high energy MotS->Higher Power->Humankind and then middle part is exploring some pretty diverse places and styles. Infinity Sign taking us into more dreamy and ethereal frequencies and then going into heavenly Coloratura.Β 

But oh that production! It's about the taste if people like it or not, but it's definitely their strongest and most varied production so far. They haven't been afraid to make studio versions of the songs sound like they should and let guitar and other stuff shine more in live performances. Also vocally it's their greatest. Let Somebody Go, just wow.Β I can see Max Martin hasΒ been giving some great advice and pushing Chris and everyone else to sing to their limits. And I love that everything somehow has very human and liveΒ feel, I get a feeling ofΒ themplaying together and Chris saying some phrases like "alright", "yeah" etc, for example in Humankind.

Depth of songwriting is certainly a bit shadowed by all this, I think, but it definitely gives some great songs for stadium concerts. Humankind is definitely great euphoric stadium rocker and People of the Pride is just crazy.Β 

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Knee-jerk song ratings imho

Β 

Brilliant

Coloratura

Β 

Great

Humankind

Human Heart

People of the Pride

Infinity Sign

Β 

Good

Higher Power

BiutyfulΒ 

Β 

Eh

Let Somebody Go

My Universe

Mine is the same but LSG swaps places with Biutyful. I will give the album credit - aside from Biutyful there's no directly offensive songs unlike, say, X Marks the Spot or SJLT. Its production elevates it similar to GS but IMO Mylo is still their greatest "poppy" effort.

• Like 1

I like a lot of songs here, most of them actually for this or that reason, but somehow the album feels so short, i just started listening and here comes coloratura ahahh. I imagine myself listening more tracks individually from this album, cause somehow i cannot process it in this speed fiesta of an album.

This album should be called THE RACE, as that is what it is, and the race thing will be finished for goodΒ 

Edited by Tarkovsky2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tarkovsky2 said:

I like a lot of songs here, most of them actually for this or that reason, but somehow the album feels so short, i just started listening and here comes coloratura ahahh. I imagine myself listening more tracks individually from this album, cause somehow i cannot process it in this speed fiesta of an album.

This album should be called THE RACE, as that is what it is, and the race thing will be finished for goodΒ 

I agree - some interludes are meaningless (like MOTS II). I really hope the reason for this is that we are getting Volumes ii and iii rather soon.

Right now I am really enjoying Humankind, LSG, POTP, Beautiful and Coloratura, obviously!

Oh and this is my list:

Brilliant

Coloratura

Humankind

Β 

Great

Human Heart

People of the Pride

Infinity Sign

Let Somebody Go

Β 

Good

Higher Power

Biutyful (but for me is between Great and Good)

My Universe

Β 

Eh

MOTS

Alien Choir

Β 

What?

MOTS II

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion