✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

This will be, it is evident now after guardian review, their weekest effort as far as critics are concerned.Β 

For me, it is sad with much of prejudices critics review the album. They see making money in every coldplay move, which i am pretty sure it is not. They do not see Chris being Chris and loving pop music from... Always

Edited by Tarkovsky2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

It's not their strongest album lyrically, that's for sure

It's not but neither is X&Y and a lot of people adore that album. I'd say this one is stronger than that. Especially with something like Swallowed in the Sea, What If or Low. I know I'm speaking heresy right now. The great music saves X&Y.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tarkovsky2 said:

This will be, it is evident now after guardian review, their weekest effort as far as critics are concerned

Did they review Ghost Stories?

In all seriousness, Infinity Sign is something special. It reminds me of the longer tracks on the back half of Daft Punk's album Discovery. Veridis Quo, in particular, comes to mind. But it's more interesting and less drawn out compared to that. I love it even more with each listen!

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Nature said:

Yeah unbelievable.

Maybe you would think i am crazy or acting smart but i like that lyric cause it is funny, the same as.. My shoe is untied. But of course i understand the absurdity of it. To me it has childlike quality. But if Chris was serious than...Β 

Edited by Tarkovsky2

12 minutes ago, Tarkovsky2 said:

Maybe you would think i am crazy or acting smart but i like that lyric cause it is funny, the same as.. My shoe is untied. But of course i understand the absurdity of it. To me it has childlike quality. But if Chris was serious than...Β 

Let's not forget it shares an album with My Universe

28 minutes ago, HowCouldIForget said:

Did they review Ghost Stories?

In all seriousness, Infinity Sign is something special. It reminds me of the longer tracks on the back half of Daft Punk's album Discovery. Veridis Quo, in particular, comes to mind. But it's more interesting and less drawn out compared to that. I love it even more with each listen!

They have rated EL 5/5.

I love Coldplay but iΒ quite agree with the Guardian and Pitchfork reviews. They can do better.

This album will exist only across the two featuring, in 2 months it will be forgotten.

I think it's time for the boys to come together and behave like a real group, that they lock themselves in a studio in the depths of UK and produce something together without necessarily surrounding themselves with thousands of people. And without looking Spotify statistics.Β Like what Brian Eno did for Viva right after X&Y trauma.

I have the impression that for some time John, and Guy are just spares.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot stop listening toΒ Biutyful, I don't get it lol. I like it overall as a song, but I don't like crazily love it or anything (I think, maybe that's in the process of changing!). Something about it is just a VIBE. I've literally had it on repeat now for the past 2.5 hours straight!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Care 1

1 hour ago, WeddingDom said:

Coloratura is the best, not feeling the rest yet.

Β 

We're kind so they call us humankind... seriously, Chris?

only english language can afford such punsΒ ?Β Β 

apart being funny, it delivers a good message isn't it ? we have to be generous as humans, that's why people hadΒ to share the album leak but this will be an old story soonΒ ?

41 minutes ago, ruffsnap said:

I cannot stop listening toΒ Biutyful, I don't get it lol. I like it overall as a song, but I don't like crazily love it or anything (I think, maybe that's in the process of changing!). Something about it is just a VIBE. I've literally had it on repeat now for the past 2.5 hours straight!

Higher Power and Biutiful are the best tracks of the album i think, the rest is nothing special.

• Haha 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion