✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

It would be a dream come true for me. EL seemed to recycle material and ideas from previous eras (the scrapped Wedding Album, Arabesque) so I'd love for the boys to go back and pull some demos from the Viva and MX eras for LP9.Β 

You'd think at this stage in their career they have so many ideas on the cutting room floor to work with. Then again, Chris is a songwriting machine and they may never run out of new ideas either. I just have such nostalgia and love for "enoxification"

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Odd... the Zwadlo post is interesting but truly it could be anything and it's bizarre that PH responded, again in vagueness, seemingly trying to temper expectations of new material. It's both exciting and disappointing as it seems PH's tweets are trying to warn us that new music isn't happening.

But something COOL is happening... so maybe that lends to the theory that music of the spheres is a rework of older material.Β 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:

I think Zwadlo thing can be on-screen visuals for songs while concert. Because if Phil said it's not that, it has to be something else. Also it can be future single if they are planning to release another song these days.

Yes, that's what I thought too. It might be a backdrop video for the upcoming performance at the iHeartRadio Music Festival. However, it could literally be anything at this point as we don't have many clues

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Suhit said:

Could it by any chance be their dorm from university?Β I think I saw something similar from the AHFOD documentary.

I read somewhere that this was possibly outside The Bakery, correct me if I'm wrongΒ :computer:Β (idk what this man would be doing in TheΒ Bakery tho)

20 hours ago, JustSomeone said:

ThisΒ is in fact the very same street as that ofΒ The Bakery Studios (Perfect match when comparing IG stories post to Google Street View).

Β 

Yesterday I came up with an idea which seems improbable and far-fetched but I still find it worth sharing.

Let's say that LP9, Music of the Spheres, could be really inspired by the past Coldplay eras and it might eventually include reworked songs. J. Zwadlo could come to The Bakery so he would be shown some old items, equipment and other stuff that Coldplay has kept there. He might include them in whatever videos he's been making for the band lately... I guess, Easter eggs in the making?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

^Yeah I mean ... I've been leaning into the theory that Music of the Spheres is a mixture of new songs and reworked songs. The Spheres could represent their entire career and form a sort of unique "Greatest Hits" or "Lost Demos" release that includes alternative versions and remasters. It'd be super exciting and a good way to feed fans before LP9 truly hits.Β 

The only thing that sways me from that theory is that Chris has mentioned "new songs" and some of the instagram posts we've seen from Rik Simpson have hinted at new music. Plus the evidence from Parlaphone saying they want to follow up with another album. It's not like they knew COVID was going to stop the whole world when they were teasing Music of the Spheres in the EL Booklet, so it's most likely something brand new.Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic