✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

6 hours ago, driftaguy said:

The trick is to not ever expect anything. Then you don't end up disappointed (and if anything ever does happen it's a nice surprise!) 

You are exactly right.  Phil knew we caught on fast to the videos they were posting to their IG... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Koleybolen said:

Hey guys! “ode to deodorant” is updated on ASCAP with a new and updated work ID!

C844FDCB-91FE-4B70-8CA5-F63A054D33C5.png

74BB5DC5-C6C8-4F51-B54F-9071C1E999D3.png

It’s worth mentioning that this got reregistered before COTW (NPR Tiny Desk). So probably in February they went and did that. 

still it’s interesting that they’ve gone and  updated OTD anyway.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Everyday life said:

You right, this might be a new version of Ode to Deodorant for LP9 i can tell ?

Or maybe they just registered the song properly on ASCAP since it was used in the AHFOD film, or maybe we are geting an "old demos" compilation... but honestly I don't see them playing a song like that on a possible space-related album. I love that demo nonetheless!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shiver98 said:

A year ago that Everyday Life was launched together with this image and we still do not know exactly what it is. Let's hope to solve the mystery soon. 

fftf2024.jpg

My theory is a New Year’s Day album release!Everyday life is set to end in 2020. They haven’t announced anything and November is almost over, so I suspect an announcement in December. Album in January ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koleybolen said:

My theory is a New Year’s Day album release!Everyday life is set to end in 2020. They haven’t announced anything and November is almost over, so I suspect an announcement in December. Album in January ?

I love it. But we’ll see if it actually happens I’m not getting my hopes up just yet 

Actually i think we can't really trust timeline years (Unless i want something to be released before the end of year). Because Those years are not exactly true. Miracles (Unbroken) is released in 2014 and it's AHFOD era (They included it in Japanese Edition as bonus track). So Ghost Stories had to be just 2014 and AHFOD had to be 2014-2019 if we count them by first thing released from that era. So dates that eras end has to be the year that next album released. So in this case LP9 has to be released in 2020 but we don't think it will and a single release doesn't effect year in timeline regarding to Miracles example. But Miracles is a non-album single so maybe they are determining it differently. But i think they are referencing something different than album release date or they just made a mistake with ending Everyday Life in 2020. Because they updated it after pandemic so they already knew that they won't be able to release it this year. But anyway we didn't see any example like this before (-Maybe- First single release and album release in different years). So still all we can do is to wait. But i think they should at least tease something before the end of year. I think the album is almost finished. Because they worked on album even before Everyday Life released. So it means they are working on it about 1,5 years. Also they are finishing some old songs to release more than previous albums and that shortens the time i think. So album progress should be in mastering process or selection of songs which will be in the album.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

I hope you are right. And if it does not happen, at the latest I think they will launch it in March

40 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

Actually, we have no clue if they will release an album before 2021. The Timeline can easily be arranged like this:

2019-2020: EL era

2021: MOTS era

or even 2022: MOTS era... I hope I'm wrong tho.

If that's the case other eras should have been arranged like that too. For example X&Y should have been 2005-2007 rather than 2005-2008

It could be... but for the very first time, we've do have a real clue: FTFF 2024 and a "Coldplay Coming Soon" (which is not related to a year like 2024).

If we consider that the other non-touring album (Ghost Stories) was released on May/2014, and the following (A Head Full of Dreams) was on Dec/2015 (so, 17 months distance between them), it's impossible to have news for a LP9 this year.  Except for a "Surprise Factor" of course!, but truly I don't think that's a possible option, but 2021 for sure.

So the question is: What will happens on 2024, with a "Space-Driven" theme, a potencial "Flight For The Future" (which is my theory for that acronym), that it's going to begin on 2021?. 

And my only speculative option is something related to Mars or the Moon. I think that NASA's missions are related, but of course there is the pandemic thing. Anyway, some of the Mars-driven related dates will be somehow connected to this. 

The 2024, we'll have people on the moon, again. And there is a Moon Lifecycle on Coldplay's web page. And that journey started on 2020. 2020-2024 --> 20-24 --> 2024.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:53 AM, Koleybolen said:

On 11/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, MarckozZ said:

Actually, we have no clue if they will release an album before 2021. The Timeline can easily be arranged like this:

2019-2020: EL era

2021: MOTS era

or even 2022: MOTS era... I hope I'm wrong tho.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:46 PM, Xyloband_99 said:

If that's the case other eras should have been arranged like that too. For example X&Y should have been 2005-2007 rather than 2005-2008

Why could the timeline not just change on 1st of january to where the everyday life era suddenly shows 2019-2021? They're obviously not going to put 2019-2021 (or any other year after 2020) when it's not even 2021 yet, because that would be a massive giveaway as to when we can expect a new era. 

I don't know what to expect to be honest but I truly think we are getting an album or a side project of re-worked and previously unreleased material. With Chris mentioning UATW and UFO along with the recent trademarks, I don't think it's too unreasonable. As stated in this thread, just because they can't tour currently, doesn't mean they won't release an album. However I don't think they will release a mainstream album and then tour it 1-3 years later. Just doesn't make sense to me. I think they are going to give us new/remastered music to tide us over until LP10 (also a nice number to start fresh with) comes in 2021/2022. 

They have also said that the first 7 albums are almost like a book with AHFOD being the last chapter. EL was a surprise and LP9 will be as well. I don't think they are following conventional Coldplay standards/patterns anymore, so releasing a album/project with remastered/reworked and unreleased material makes total sense. They said they would be full of surprises from now on and that definitely would be a surprise. I would never expect them to do something like that.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic