✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

2 hours ago, Ollie2002 said:

Flags was released on Spotify (unsure about Apple Music) a few weeks back in the UK and I’m guessing the rest of the world too. I must says it’s a really great song.

So it is, I didn't see it. That's one off my checklist...

18 hours ago, DJK said:

Just out of curiosity, has anybody been keeping a running list of unreleased songs that might appear on this album? E.g.:

1) The Race
2) Us Against the World [reworked and "finished" as Chris mentioned in Together at home]
3) UFO (#2)

I'm hoping we can finally hear Tomorrow, which was left off of MX and Ghost Stories.

Who knows, this is a long shot, but maybe we'll get Until The Water Flows Over. It's referenced in the AHFOD documentary so maybe the band was inspired to revisit it. Arabesque and ALIENS were both worked on in the sessions for MX... but the band still finished and released them years later, so I suppose any of the old unreleased songs could be fair game.

12 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I'm hoping for A View From The Top, A Ghost and Lukas but that's unrealistic, and as much as I'd like actual releases of the reprises form Live 2012 that's sadly not going to happen either. What about Lethal Drug? I like that one a lot. And what about Flags? It wouldn't be the first time a Japan-only song is released worldwide.

I think Lethal Drug may be the same as a song called Love In A Lethal Dose that was left off of MX. So maybe Coldplay could revisit it and then release the leaked version of Lethal Drug as an "Avicii mix" bonus track or something. Or they might want to leave Lethal Drug alone out of respect for Avicii.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beckett B said:

I think that Music of the Spheres is definitely going to have spatial rhythms, maybe it has a lot of synths, and I also think it has something to do with Los Unidades

Why would they put/hide something related to a Los Unidades projectΒ in the Everyday Life booklet?

Edited by Gideon_Mx

3 hours ago, WskCarlosG said:

I was thinking that U.F.O that Chris mentioned could be related to the outro that can be heard from minute 2:00 in the song U.F.O by Mylo XylotoΒ ?

I've always liked that little outro. It reminds me of Poppyfields.

UFO 2 and the reworked Us Against The World make me think that MOTS is going to be a sort of sequel to Mylo Xyloto. Kind of like how Everyday Life feels like a sequel to Viva with all the strings and the experimentation.

5 hours ago, WskCarlosG said:

I was thinking that U.F.O that Chris mentioned could be related to the outro that can be heard from minute 2:00 in the song U.F.O by Mylo XylotoΒ ?

I think that outro was just a bridge to Princess of China. Because that guitarΒ sounds too much like Acoustic version of the song that released later.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 8:50 PM, DJK said:

Just out of curiosity, has anybody been keeping a running list of unreleased songs that might appear on this album? E.g.:

1) The Race
2) Us Against the World [reworked and "finished" as Chris mentioned in Together at home]
3) UFO (#2)

Rescue St

Edited by driftaguy

On 21/1/2021 at 3:50 AM, DJK said:

1) The Race
3) UFO (#2)

So Sad

On Chris' live instagram stream Guy commented that he play Macadamu - supposedly a new song, too?

At this stage nothing is confirmed to be on the album of course but I am guessing that any of the old titles might appear as they like them.

I wonder who is producing them this time though, if it's the same team or any new/old friends.

Every Coldplay album has had a title track (including Viva, which had two of them, and Ghost Stories, though that one was a bonus track), so I don't think it's far-fetched to expect that there's gonna be a song called Music of the Spheres.

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DJK said:

Updated list ?

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Lethal Drug / Love in a lethal dose
Tomorrow
Until the Water Flows Over
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Tomorrow
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

Β 

Some of this songs are too old that I don't see them revisiting for a potential release on LP9... Lukas was released by Natalie Inbruglia (Chris gave her the song).Β 

Gosh it's kinda frustrating to know some potential gems are laying around as unreleased demos on the band's studio... WE NEED THEM ALL. One of the most wanted demos is Car Kids, which seems to be a finished song on its own according to the Mylo Xyloto pop-up book. Also, Tomorrow/World Without You seems interesting (GS era).

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Tomorrow
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

Β 

Some of this songs are too old that I don't see them revisiting for a potential release on LP9... Lukas was released by Natalie Inbruglia (Chris gave her the song).Β 

Gosh it's kinda frustrating to know some potential gems are laying around as unreleased demos on the band's studio... WE NEED THEM ALL. One of the most wanted demos is Car Kids, which seems to be a finished song on its own according to the Mylo Xyloto pop-up book. Also, Tomorrow/World Without You seems interesting (GS era).

Also I think "Heart On Fire" has a good chance to be on the new album. Leaked snippets fromΒ it can be found onΒ the internet.

15 minutes ago, technicolorized said:

Also I think "Heart On Fire" has a good chance to be on the new album. Leaked snippets fromΒ it can be found onΒ the internet.

I heard the snippetΒ and I think it was just a proof of concept, Chris is kinda mumbling on there hahaha

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, DJK said:

Updated list ?

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Tomorrow
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

Debs Wild once said that Life Is Beautiful will never be releasedΒ 

• Sad 3

On 22/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, DJK said:

Updated list ?

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Tomorrow
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

I think of all these, I only see these songs come out on the next album

UFO # 2 (Someone Special)

Us Against the World (Most likely called Silver Bird and probably like an Interlude)

The Race

• Like 1

hi guys! it's always a pleasure to wait a new lp with you and read all your theories. I have a question: I'm not so good with english and probably I missed a part of the discussion, so why are you all talking about a project that will surely contain old unreleased song? What are the clues that say that in a clear way? Thank you, an hug to all of you ?

5 hours ago, nowthesky said:

hi guys! it's always a pleasure to wait a new lp with you and read all your theories. I have a question: I'm not so good with english and probably I missed a part of the discussion, so why are you all talking about a project that will surely contain old unreleased song? What are the clues that say that in a clear way? Thank you, an hug to all of you ?

There aren't any actual clues for any song other than The Race (which we're 99% certain will be on the next album). We're just looking at recently found unreleased songs like Lethal Drug and guessing which ones are the most likely to be released on the album.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2021 at 5:46 AM, MarckozZ said:

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Tomorrow
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

Β 

I suppose the only reason I those older songs are listed is because very old unreleased songs have seen the light of day. Go to around the 43 minute and 40 second mark this video from the MX sessions in 2009 and tell me that's not A L I E N S.?

Us Against The World is a possibility because Chris talked about a "finished" version of it in the same Instagram live stream where he mentioned UFO #2.Β 

I do agree that the oldest songs on this list are very unlikely to show up on MOTS, though.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I suppose the only reason I those older songs are listed is because very old unreleased songs have seen the light of day. Go to around the 43 minute and 40 second mark this video from the MX sessions in 2009 and tell me that's not A L I E N S.?

Us Against The World is a possibility because Chris talked about a "finished" version of it in the same Instagram live stream where he mentioned UFO #2.Β 

I do agree that the oldest songs on this list are very unlikely to show up on MOTS, though.

Oh my, it is. It's beautiful...

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021