✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

7 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

I’m sure lyrics for The Race (Ghost Stories version) is on those rings too

I found my old thread from 2014 where I mentioned the mystery lyrics. Turns out, some of them are mirrored and the wonderful @Batman edited the image to reveal what they say. I would have done it, but I didn't know how at the time. ?

1534885742_DjHPKIK_d2.jpg.cf2e0c13888acdf821a84d19640bf57f.jpg

"In all of time... in all space... another time... in another place"

I think that's a beautiful lyric. Maybe it's from The Race.

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

In all of time... in all space... another time... in another place

I'm sure I recognise that from somewhere. I downloaded a mixed version of The Race that has a few more lines than the leak we already know and love, so I'll have a listen.

EDIT:

Yep, it's from The Race.

"Any old time

Any old space

Only you make my heart race

Only eyes (?)

Only taste"

"And in another time

And in another space

Such a beautiful face

I'm so many lights (?)

And I'm so many shapes (?)

Over the place"

"This heart is a volcano

???

In colours, I'm on fire (?)"

"In all the time" and "In all the space" are also there.

Edited by Doomotron
It's from The Race :D
  • Wow 3

4 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I'm sure I recognise that from somewhere. I downloaded a mixed version of The Race that has a few more lines than the leak we already know and love, so I'll have a listen.

EDIT:

Yep, it's from The Race.

"Any old time

Any old space

Only eyes (?)

Only taste"

"And in another time

And in another space

Such a beautiful face

I'm so many lights (?)

And I'm so many shapes (?)

Over the place"

"This heart is a volcano

???

In colours, I'm on fire (?)"

"In all the time" and "In all the space" are also there.

I can confirm this after finding some lyrics that read pretty similarly to what you heard.

https://www.lyrics.com/sublyric/79761/Coldplay/The+Race

In and out of time

In and out of space

Only your eyes

Only a taste (Oh)

I’ve been running out of time

In another space

Such a beautiful face

And I’m seeing lights 

And I’m seeing shapes 

All over the place

I really hope this song isn't dead. And I'm getting major "music of the spheres" vibes from the full lyrics after having read up on what classical philosophy, astronomy, and spirituality had to say about the concept.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I can confirm this after finding some lyrics that read pretty similarly to what you heard.

https://www.lyrics.com/sublyric/79761/Coldplay/The+Race

In and out of time

In and out of space

Only your eyes

Only a taste (Oh)

I’ve been running out of time

In another space

Such a beautiful face

And I’m seeing lights 

And I’m seeing shapes 

All over the place

I really hope this song isn't dead. And I'm getting major "music of the spheres" vibes from the full lyrics after having read up on what classical philosophy, astronomy, and spirituality had to say about the concept.

'Time and space' do go with the name 'Music Of The Spheres' very well. That said, the versions of The Race we have heard sound a lot like Ghost Stories stuff, probably because that's when it's from according to what we have just found out. Perhaps The Race was meant to be on GS but Coldplay cancelled it and waited for another time to release it - like on MOTS.

I think we can be 90% sure that The Race will be released on the next album, considering how Coldplay are copyright striking every video they can find of it on YouTube except for covers. The version I downloaded that I copied the lyrics from is long gone sadly. Other than the AHFOD bit, how much of The Race is thought to have been leaked? The one I downloaded, while certainly not complete, seems to have more than enough in it to be a completed song.

EDIT:

There's a bridge (I assume) in this downloaded mixed version that has the lines...

"My heart is beating

The beat won't stop

Instead of sinking

Drink in every drop" x2

This sounds a lot like something you'd hear in Army of One or X Marks The Spot, not necessarily because of the lyrics themselves but because of how they are delivered. Perhaps it's a late addition to the song?

Edited by Doomotron
The beat won't stop...
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Doomotron said:

'Time and space' do go with the name 'Music Of The Spheres' very well. That said, the versions of The Race we have heard sound a lot like Ghost Stories stuff, probably because that's when it's from according to what we have just found out. Perhaps The Race was meant to be on GS but Coldplay cancelled it and waited for another time to release it - like on MOTS.

I think we can be 90% sure that The Race will be released on the next album, considering how Coldplay are copyright striking every video they can find of it on YouTube except for covers. The version I downloaded that I copied the lyrics from is long gone sadly. Other than the AHFOD bit, how much of The Race is thought to have been leaked? The one I downloaded, while certainly not complete, seems to have more than enough in it to be a completed song.

EDIT:

There's a bridge (I assume) in this downloaded mixed version that has the lines...

"My heart is beating

The beat won't stop

Instead of sinking

Drink in every drop" x2

This sounds a lot like something you'd hear in Army of One or X Marks The Spot, not necessarily because of the lyrics themselves but because of how they are delivered. Perhaps it's a late addition to the song?

I'm thinking The Race was absolutely considered for AHFOD as well. Look at that "kaleidoscope" lyric in what appears to be the chorus, as well as the stuff about "exploding colors."

Oh, oh, oh
This heart is a volcano
Explodes in colors

I won’t fall, I won’t fall below
I want love, colors all explode 
Kaleidoscope (Of the night)
Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope

You may be right about the bridge lyrics in The Race. They may also tie in with Adventure of a Lifetime. And ever since I first heard X Marks The Spot, I wondered if the "so I race for it" lyrics had anything to do with The Race. The Race hadn't leaked yet in any form, but I definitely knew it existed...

kw13zlfml4u31.thumb.jpg.79f83f5799d220f37349efc045b08ad4.jpg

I just wonder what lyrics the song originally had back in 2013 and what changes may have been made as the band worked on it over the next few years...

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I'm thinking The Race was absolutely considered for AHFOD as well. Look at that "kaleidoscope" lyric in what appears to be the chorus, as well as the stuff about "exploding colors."

Oh, oh, oh
This heart is a volcano
Explodes in colors

I won’t fall, I won’t fall below
I want love, colors all explode 
Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope

You may be right about the bridge lyrics in The Race. They may also tie in with Adventure of a Lifetime. And ever since I first heard X Marks The Spot, I wondered if the "so I race for it" lyrics had anything to do with The Race. The Race hadn't leaked yet in any form, but I definitely knew it existed...

kw13zlfml4u31.thumb.jpg.79f83f5799d220f37349efc045b08ad4.jpg

I just wonder what lyrics the song originally had back in 2013 and what changes may have been made as the band worked on it over the next few years...

I assume that the song would have sounded similar (at least with the notes) but inevitably the lyrics would have changed over time. I'm going to assume that the photo you attached is an early version of Ghost Stories and not something you made up. It's interesting to see how the album has changed, although we might be going a bit off topic here...

1. I can't see track 1, so I'm going to assume it's Always In My Head
  2. The Race: This could mean the song was made as early as GS but, again, kept from being released. I doubt that it was an early name for Magic.
  3. Anothers Arms: As track 3, funnily enough.
  4. Atlas: Interesting to see how it was going to be on GS instead of (or in addition to) being released separately. Was it ever released on GS as part of a Japanese edition or something?
  5. True Love: I assume because of The Race, this song have been pushed back one track.
  6. Ghost Stories: I assume that this is Ghost Story and had a similar fate to Moving To Mars - they wanted to have it on the album but couldn't, so released it separately. I just wished that happened to A Ghost. ?
  7. Oceans: Is in its usual place of track 7. I wonder if it still bridged into A Sky Full Of Stars?
  8. World Without You (?): Probably an early name for ASFOS.
  9. Fly On: In its usual place.

Magic, Always In My Head, Ink and Midnight appear not to exist yet, or not be on GS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, back on topic. In the version of The Race I downloaded, there were no Kaleidoscope lyrics. There are some possibilities here:

• This is an older version of the song and these lyrics hadn't been added yet.
  • This is a newer version of the song and these lyrics were removed.
  • The lyrics on lyrics.com aren't accurate.
  • The Kaleidoscope lyrics hadn't been leaked, so could not have been added to the mix. I think this is the most likely since the other AHFOD-esque lyrics, as I said earlier, are in the mix. In X Marks The Spot, there are lyrics that refer to the heart ("You make my heart bo-boom..."), as well as "So I race for it" as you say. I have a feeling that, when The Race was supposedly cut from AHFOD, the lyrics they added in the bridge were salvaged and made into X Marks The Spot, a hidden track.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Koleybolen said:

One of the assistant producers from “Everyday Life” just posted this on his story ?probably means nothing tho , gosh we’re desperate for new music ?

F30313C0-467F-45EA-AF8F-9E0399F8BD88.png

Hmm..... Screenshot made at exactly 1:36. So that means nothing to you at all!??? ;)

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

One of the assistant producers from “Everyday Life” just posted this on his story ?probably means nothing tho , gosh we’re desperate for new music ?

I guess they probably going to have VLV music back again like Everyday Life, this could be the album ?

9 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Hmm..... Screenshot made at exactly 1:36. So that means nothing to you at all!??? ?

1.36 was a song by Coldplay, a from The Scientist (single), which also had I Ran Away on it. I quite liked the hevay rock style of 1.36, so hopefully it means something - but it probably doesn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lamebutiloveit said:

Not really adding anything to the discussion, but I really can't wait to experience the explosion of excitement on this forum when we get an official announcement

Amen. Wasn't here for the EL hype but I vividly remember the hype on the discord and subreddit, including Kirboh's "leaked" tracklist featuring Conscious Pilot and a supposed Daft Punk collab. The forum isn't as active right now, but when they formally announce MOTS it's gonna blow up!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Lamebutiloveit said:

Not really adding anything to the discussion, but I really can't wait to experience the explosion of excitement on this forum when we get an official announcement

You're absolutely right!. This is creating madness! ? 

An example: At exactly 1,36 at "Violet Hill", the phrase is "Priests clutched onto bibles". Do we need to start to analyze the Bible now in order to deduct when this bloody LP9 will be release?!?!?.... 

Let's have patience, comrades. Coldplay Coming Soon.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

This probably means nothing but probably this producer is working with them also for LP9 few months he commented one of Rik Simpson's photo of a synth with an alien emoji...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Amen. Wasn't here for the EL hype but I vividly remember the hype on the discord and subreddit, including Kirboh's "leaked" tracklist featuring Conscious Pilot and a supposed Daft Punk collab. The forum isn't as active right now, but when they formally announce MOTS it's gonna blow up!

I wanted that Daft Punk collab to happen. I hoped that maybe Coldplay would actually consider it for LP9. If Coldplay were to do anything futuristic or space-age with the MOTS aesthetics, then Daft Punk would fit right in. But, alas... as of today, Daft Punk are no more.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:45 PM, Koleybolen said:

This probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe he's working on MOTS, though?

34 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I wanted that Daft Punk collab to happen. I hoped that maybe Coldplay would actually consider it for LP9. If Coldplay were to do anything futuristic or space-age with the MOTS aesthetics, then Daft Punk would fit right in. But, alas... as of today, Daft Punk are no more.

This probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe he's working on MOTS, though?

Or I think we wanted Dua Lipa collab to happen as well because LP9 would be so massive, hot, and very epic I hope Coldplay would consider it too

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hey all, new comer here. I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, when the trademark for ‘MUSIC OF THE SPHERES’ got published, I researched in the journal of trademarks on the UK trademarks website and it says that before it gets fully registered as a trademark, it has to go through 2 months of possible objections from other companies and such. So since the trademark got published on the 4th of February maybe we could start seeing potential MOTS teasers from the 4th of April and onwards?

84B29EFB-0FCE-4791-88BF-2A524695EF02.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SwirlingChaos said:

Hey all, new comer here. I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, when the trademark for ‘MUSIC OF THE SPHERES’ got published, I researched in the journal of trademarks on the UK trademarks website and it says that before it gets fully registered as a trademark, it has to go through 2 months of possible objections from other companies and such. So since the trademark got published on the 4th of February maybe we could start seeing potential MOTS teasers from the 4th of April and onwards?

84B29EFB-0FCE-4791-88BF-2A524695EF02.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

• Care 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021