✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

38 minutes ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Happy Friday everyone!!!  Most people on here would agree that hype and speculation is super fun, especially these days ?

Does anyone have any interesting ideas or reasons why the band keeps posting these old videos?  Of course, it can just be random or that the band has been showcasing or hinting that the new album will include old or recycled ideas (we all know know this) but why Violet Hill?  Is the band playing Easter Eggs we haven't noticed yet?  

Happy Friday to you too!!!

Me and @Koleybolen were discussing today about how one of the producers for Everyday Life posted a screenshot of him playing Violet Hill at exactly 1:36 earlier this week. Is this just a coincidence? 

• Like 1

Somewhere in this video (forgot what timestamp it was and too lazy to check) but Chris jokes about an orchestra that they got to play for the songs. It's possible that maybe the orchestra he talked about, that accompanied them all throughout the Everyday Life "tour" could also be the Orchestra of Silencia for the supposed Mylo Sequel? A huge orchestral album would be so good, a return to Viva, but instead of European medieval themes it's a majestic space odyssey.

Edited by TheBigBadBono
forgot to attach video
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Somewhere in this video (forgot what timestamp it was and too lazy to check) but Chris jokes about an orchestra that they got to play for the songs. It's possible that maybe the orchestra he talked about, that accompanied them all throughout the Everyday Life "tour" could also be the Orchestra of Silencia for the supposed Mylo Sequel? A huge orchestral album would be so good, a return to Viva, but instead of European medieval themes it's a majestic space odyssey.

An orchestra playing with Coldplay ..  I would die happy ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shiver98 said:

was this part of the coldplay website like this? ???

20210228_075947.jpg

No, it was in the right order before. Maybe this only means they're adding some lyrics (like flags) or doing some more interesting changes in the website??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

C3F9F894-1AEF-41A3-913A-0699185C0659.thumb.png.ffef8a508bd2e972ee57388a9fd796b2.png

Angel Lopez was an assistant producer for EL, right? Might just be listening to good music but both this and Violet Hill from the same album? It might be him listening to older Brian Eno/Coldplay songs, maybe a sign of the new album? He also posted Blackbird on his stories too, so I don't know.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shiver98 said:

???? Attention to this!!!! 

20210228_150257.jpg

20210228_150259.jpg

Yo you could have at least referenced my original twitter post. but ill forgive you. There is more to it. Yes Oxfam is one of the partnering charities. But also Dave Holmes statement (after Chris told the media they wouldn't tour until it was environmentally beneficial) is also insightful:

- As Chris has said, we have become increasingly mindful of our touring’s impact on the planet. We started making significant plans to improve this scenario while we were still on the road in 2017. For the last couple of years, we’ve been meeting with environmental organizations and charities with the ultimate goal of making our touring footprint carbon neutral. These plans factor in the footprint generated by our fans’ travel requirements—which we hope to reduce through subsidized public transport and ride-sharing schemes. We also plan to invest in environmental projects that go well beyond carbon offsetting. - Pitchfork, 2019. 

FFTF seems to be all about preserving heritage sites and making sure they are fit for the future. Note Coldplay played their show in heritage sites in Jordan and in London & arguably a heritage site with their show in LA. 

Edited by vinny9
  • Like 8
  • Care 1

15 hours ago, vinny9 said:

Yo you could have at least referenced my original twitter post. but ill forgive you. There is more to it. Yes Oxfam is one of the partnering charities. But also Dave Holmes statement (after Chris told the media they wouldn't tour until it was environmentally beneficial) is also insightful:

- As Chris has said, we have become increasingly mindful of our touring’s impact on the planet. We started making significant plans to improve this scenario while we were still on the road in 2017. For the last couple of years, we’ve been meeting with environmental organizations and charities with the ultimate goal of making our touring footprint carbon neutral. These plans factor in the footprint generated by our fans’ travel requirements—which we hope to reduce through subsidized public transport and ride-sharing schemes. We also plan to invest in environmental projects that go well beyond carbon offsetting. - Pitchfork, 2019. 

FFTF seems to be all about preserving heritage sites and making sure they are fit for the future. Note Coldplay played their show in heritage sites in Jordan and in London & arguably a heritage site with their show in LA. 

Beyond the fact that the "_____ For The Future" sufix was the most likely answer (in my case, my theory was always "Flight For The Future" with a NASA Mars-centric concept for the next LP9 release, syncing the release with the mission milestone), I start to realize that there is no relation between the two pages in the EL Album Booklet.

FTFF2024 is, with no doubt, the "Fit for The Future", and the moment where our dear Coldplay will have an offer for touring with no environment impact. Nothing more. 

And the "Coldplay Coming Soon" with "Music of The Spheres" is another history, with no link at all with FTFF2024 (except eventually the touring factor of course). 

There will be a release quite soon (the posts in Instagram on specific positions for VLV songs are far to be coincidences), but the FTFF2024 was always a separated concept.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Matteosabato said:

I’m starting to think that the “bugged” music section is intentional, if it was a malfunction they would’ve fix it by now. I don’t think their team is simply ignoring this bug

Pardon my ignorance but which “bugged” music section are you referring to?

5 minutes ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Pardon my ignorance but which “bugged” music section are you referring to?

Sorry, probably I wasn’t clear enough, i’m referring to this:

On 2/28/2021 at 8:02 AM, Shiver98 said:

was this part of the coldplay website like this? ???

20210228_075947.jpg

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021