✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

10 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

Aww hell yeah! I love Brittany Howard. She's so incredibly talented and it'd be amazing if she'd work with the band in the future, but this was probably a Grammys-designed thing.Β 

Oh well, probably both Dua Lipa and Brittany Howard collab as well for the LP9

On 3/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, BerheavedTripod8 said:

It's going to be a collab between Chris Martin andΒ Brittany Howard.

Β 

Great news! Actually looking forward to this performance now! I really enjoyed Brittany's solo album.

Some of us might have noticed and some maybe not but we'veΒ gone a little bitΒ off-topic sinceΒ fewΒ days now!Β I created a thread specially for the 63rd Grammy Awards, couple of days ago.Β So if you'd like to discuss or talk aboutΒ anything related to the GrammysΒ you can do it thereΒ before and after the show:Β 

[14th MARCH] Chris Martin to perform at the 63rd Grammy Awards Show

It might be a bit easier to follow for people on the forums and different topics won't get mixed up.

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 4

Looks like Everyday Life didn’t win the Grammys lost to Taylor Swift’s forklore ?, I guess we will continue to update about their next album of MOTS, my guess is that Coldplay will collab with Dua Lipa so that their album will be the best next year for the next Grammys 2022

If this confirms in the meantime between these two probably in April or May then it will be epic and massive for their great opportunity ? peace people and peace to Coldplay ✌️

Edited by Everyday life
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. Chris played a snippet of a new song during a conference thing on Clubhouse. In the full interview, he asks for it to not be recorded and that it will be out sometime potentially. We should all just disregard the first part...

LYRICS:

"We had a kind of love- I thought would never end Oh my lover, oh my lover, oh my friend Talked around in circles and talked around again I loved you to the moon and back again"

(lyrics from cp discord server)

ChrisMartin_New_Track_CH.mp3

Edited by GamingForeverAUS
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Care 2
  • Wow 2

Chris said this song would be out some day. So it might probably be part of the next album. The lyrics 'I loved you to the moon and back again' might indicate that MOTS will just be an album with a word from the 'spheres' in each song, so nothing spectacular.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

Oh wow. Chris played a snippet of a new song during a conference thing on Clubhouse. In the full interview, he asks for it to not be recorded and that it will be out sometime potentially. We should all just disregard the first part...

LYRICS:

"We had a kind of love- I thought would never end Oh my lover, oh my lover, oh my friend Talked around in circles and talked around again I loved you to the moon and back again"

ChrisMartin_New_Track_CH.mp3 1.58 MB Β· 25 downloads

And when was this from ? Last year or 2 years ago during EL

The lyricsΒ read very β€œMusic of the Spheres” to me...Β ?

They kind of remind me of Mylo Xyloto (as an album)... maybe it’s the sequel we never got! Β Let the theories begin! ?

12 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

LYRICS:

ChrisMartin_New_Track_CH.mp3 1.58 MB Β· 41 downloads

Β 

• Like 3

So hard to glean anything from this snippet, but agree that it has instant Mylo vibes. The melody feels pretty simple and lullabyish, but like it could be building to something more catchy and epic. Who knows if it's even a piano song!Β 

I'm sticking with my guess that they're returning to a pop alt-rock style similar to Mylo but this time instead of the Brian-eno xylobryte/ambient wall of sound, they'll do more new-wave style. New wave has made a huge comeback recently with Dua Lipa, Miley Cyrus, the Weeknd and now Justin Bieber to some extent. So I'm guessing there'll be some singles with big synths, maybe something that has super modern production with the help of Max Martin.Β  Chris has always been a huge fan of 80's legends like A-Ha and Peter Gabriel.Β 

This style is perfect for modern pop singles but also lends itself to alternative tracks: big synth prog-rock sounds and post-punk. Maybe they could have a super-spacey ambient song with Jon Hopkins or some other electronic producer but then some straight up rock songs inspired by 80's rock bands like Journey, Van Halen, The Cars, Queen, Journey.Β 

At this point I feel like we can expect every Coldplay album to have 1-3Β pop music swings including a feature,Β 1-2 slower ballads, 1-3Β more alt tracks, some interludes and a few random unexpected songs.Β 

Β 

• Like 4

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the lyrics seem bland and not really anything that special. The melody seems nice but maybe it will be an awesome song in the end. Still don't know how these lyrics will pass "Will's door" ?

4 hours ago, Miha said:

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the lyrics seem bland and not really anything that special. The melody seems nice but maybe it will be an awesome song in the end. Still don't know how these lyrics will pass "Will's door" ?

For sure they sound bland and dull for now but it's only one small portion of the song. I totally share your concern as lyrics can really bring down Coldplay songs sometimes. My only defense is that Will's door has allowed lyrics in the past decade like: "spiderman's control, and batman with his fists" and "how come cars don't slow" and "all i know, is that i love you so, so much that it hurts" and "could have been a princess, you'd be a king, could have had a castle, worn a ring but NOO Oo O O O oo "

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

For sure they sound bland and dull for now but it's only one small portion of the song. I totally share your concern as lyrics can really bring down Coldplay songs sometimes. My only defense is that Will's door has allowed lyrics in the past decade like: "spiderman's control, and batman with his fists" and "how come cars don't slow" and "all i know, is that i love you so, so much that it hurts" and "could have been a princess, you'd be a king, could have had a castle, worn a ring but NOO Oo O O O oo "

Don't forget 'I'd rather be a comma than a full stop'!?

On 3/29/2021 at 10:06 AM, lennyrott1 said:

So hard to glean anything from this snippet, but agree that it has instant Mylo vibes. The melody feels pretty simple and lullabyish, but like it could be building to something more catchy and epic. Who knows if it's even a piano song!Β 

I'm sticking with my guess that they're returning to a pop alt-rock style similar to Mylo but this time instead of the Brian-eno xylobryte/ambient wall of sound, they'll do more new-wave style. New wave has made a huge comeback recently with Dua Lipa, Miley Cyrus, the Weeknd and now Justin Bieber to some extent. So I'm guessing there'll be some singles with big synths, maybe something that has super modern production with the help of Max Martin.Β  Chris has always been a huge fan of 80's legends like A-Ha and Peter Gabriel.Β 

This style is perfect for modern pop singles but also lends itself to alternative tracks: big synth prog-rock sounds and post-punk. Maybe they could have a super-spacey ambient song with Jon Hopkins or some other electronic producer but then some straight up rock songs inspired by 80's rock bands like Journey, Van Halen, The Cars, Queen, Journey.Β 

At this point I feel like we can expect every Coldplay album to have 1-3Β pop music swings including a feature,Β 1-2 slower ballads, 1-3Β more alt tracks, some interludes and a few random unexpected songs.Β 

Β 

I totally agree! But would IΒ be wrong to say that this snippet would be great alongside "Fly On," from GS?

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021