✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I've got to say I personally believe neither the Jonny's playlist theory (remember when Dave Holmes posted stuff from each era every week,and people said the same ? Know how that turned out) nor the May 11 theory (it's so much more likely for the date to be an inside joke of the film crew, maybe a crew or cast member's birthday or similar)

• Like 3

That would be longer than Everyday Life, and EL they already felt it was so long they had to declare it a double album. So I doubt it (as I doubt everything else that is read into the Trouble in Town card date and screenshot, I'm sad to say...)

Edited by I ran away
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

It's definitely a time where we need to look forward to something and I think we should be positive and hopefully something happens 11Β May 2020 ?

We are just a few days away from being clowned again...Β 

• Haha 1

I'm with ya @I ran away... I think we're SOL for a while on the new music front tho I hope I'm wrong.Β 

On the TiT Video: Really it could be anything as you said. Could have been an easter egg for the production crew or for the director. If Coldplay tweeted out a screenshot or a clip of the music video that says "look carefully" then maybe I'd believe it.Β 

For the playlists -- Yes many times in the past we've predicted a playlist on spotify is some indication of new music coming but that hasn't panned out. However, I do think these playlists are useful to see what the band members are listening to during the writing process. Some of what Chris has shared in the past actually hinted at collaborations on Los Unidades and EL. So maybe the fact that Jonny and Guy (I love their playlists btw) are sharing funk, soul, and R&B hints at the next record being inspired by that sound.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ryannnmx19 said:

I think if anything was gonna happen Chris would of at least teased us yesterday in the live stream, I think they will hang off now until they can all meet again and record again unfortunatelyΒ 

I agree. Sadly no new music forΒ the time being. And this was to be expected. Shortly after they had finished the Everyday Life tour, the Corona lockdown began, and for the last 8 weeks they have not been able to do anything together. As Chris said in the livestream:' I miss my brothers'. They surely have new ideas, but they can't record and discuss anything. Perhaps 11 May was originally intended to be the date of the release of a new album, but then came the virus.Β Β Β 

Edited by merril

I still stand by the May 11 date being an inside joke of the video crew, or a random date.

Even if the Corona thing hadn't happened, there's no way the band would have recorded a new album so quickly.

A stand-alone song or something else, sure. But not an album or an EP.

• Like 1

Well, back to the waiting and guessing game.Β 

One discussion point: Last week a Coldplayer(?) posted an interview with Davide Rossi. Worth a watch. Dav seems like a really nice guy and there are some interesting tidbits about how the band works together. he gives a less censored account of the songwriting processΒ that the AHFOD film glossed over.Β 

What stood out to me is that Chris moved to LA after MX, and from Dav's perspective, the band really stopped jammingΒ together after that point (this seems counter to the making of GS videos, AHFOD documentary, and Will saying they jammed on EL in Italy). Personally, I think Viva and MX felt like Coldplay's most creative eras, so that lines up to me. Regardless of whether you like those albums, they are full of such cool ideas and unique sounds and the collaborations with Eno, Hopkins, and Dav feel really organic. GS and AHFOD, in comparison feel a lot more like Chris solo albums featuring a band, on many, not all, tracks.Β 

I find this info a bit of a bummer... but maybe it doesn't have to be? After all, Everyday Life includes some pretty jammy songs (Arabeseque, Church, Trouble In Town, and Champion of the World). But other songs (Cry Cry Cry, Guns, When I Need A Friend, Everyday Life, BrokEn)Β are basically Chris and Chris only. I just think with Chris' personality and songwriting, and the huge wealth of the band, there would be less and less desire to innovate and be creative when you're not in the same room together. Just slap some instrumentals down over Chris' vocals and call it good.Β What do others think? Am I interpreting this wrong? Will we ever get something as creative and organic sounding as viva or Mx?

###

Also, shout out to Dav's most recent Soren Lorenson project, I think it's really good and more folks should listen to it.Β 

Β (

• Like 2

Nah I don’t think so guys, I think Music Of The Spheres will beΒ Modern Rock music like Nickelback, LinkinΒ Park, and Shinedown for the first time, and yes space rock too from X&Y, and Post-britpop from Parachutes, AROBTTH, and EL.

And Music of the Spheres will still be doing old roots again this year especially modern rock, and this album will 5 vibes in it Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, and EL.

Just let me know aboutΒ what you think about my post.Β 
Β 

Peace?β˜€οΈ???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Well, back to the waiting and guessing game.Β 

One discussion point: Last week a Coldplayer(?) posted an interview with Davide Rossi. Worth a watch. Dav seems like a really nice guy and there are some interesting tidbits about how the band works together. he gives a less censored account of the songwriting processΒ that the AHFOD film glossed over.Β 

What stood out to me is that Chris moved to LA after MX, and from Dav's perspective, the band really stopped jammingΒ together after that point (this seems counter to the making of GS videos, AHFOD documentary, and Will saying they jammed on EL in Italy). Personally, I think Viva and MX felt like Coldplay's most creative eras, so that lines up to me. Regardless of whether you like those albums, they are full of such cool ideas and unique sounds and the collaborations with Eno, Hopkins, and Dav feel really organic. GS and AHFOD, in comparison feel a lot more like Chris solo albums featuring a band, on many, not all, tracks.Β 

I find this info a bit of a bummer... but maybe it doesn't have to be? After all, Everyday Life includes some pretty jammy songs (Arabeseque, Church, Trouble In Town, and Champion of the World). But other songs (Cry Cry Cry, Guns, When I Need A Friend, Everyday Life, BrokEn)Β are basically Chris and Chris only. I just think with Chris' personality and songwriting, and the huge wealth of the band, there would be less and less desire to innovate and be creative when you're not in the same room together. Just slap some instrumentals down over Chris' vocals and call it good.Β What do others think? Am I interpreting this wrong? Will we ever get something as creative and organic sounding as viva or Mx?

###

Also, shout out to Dav's most recent Soren Lorenson project, I think it's really good and more folks should listen to it.Β 

Β (

We’ll know you say it and if you think about it the two albums they do old school jamming sessions on produce two number one singles, plus I kinda interpreted davs interview to mean that he didn’t jam much on any of the later albums not that the band don’t anymoreΒ 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 4:39 AM, Everyday life said:

Nah I don’t think so guys, I think Music Of The Spheres will beΒ Modern Rock music like Nickelback, LinkinΒ Park, and Shinedown for the first time, and yes space rock too from X&Y, and Post-britpop from Parachutes, AROBTTH, and EL.

And Music of the Spheres will still be doing old roots again this year especially modern rock, and this album will 5 vibes in it Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, and EL.

Just let me know aboutΒ what you think about my post.Β 
Β 

Peace?β˜€οΈ???

I'd love for it to be that way, but given Chris's continued fascination with pop music and the latest trends I doubt it.

32 minutes ago, I ran away said:

I'd love for it to be that way, but given Chris's continued fascination with pop music and the latest trends I doubt it.

I would be very happy if it happens. Because i like MX' colorful but strong side, Viva's artistic style, Parachutes' raw sounds, AROBTTH's soft but big type in the same time, X&Y's instrumental quality and space side. But Chris saidΒ "There won't be any unconventional Coldplay album" So mainstream pop is eliminated if they follow this line. Everyday Life proved a little bit that they are following. But yeah it's Coldplay. They are full of surprises.Β 

I’m expecting mainstream pop because that’s exactly what the daily star described LP9 to be. And they’ve not been wrong so far about Coldplay recently.Β 
Β 

I can’t get past the idea that a lot of synths will be used, not EDM per se but perhaps some artistic form of synths kinda like what we saw with Midnight. If you combined that with β€˜modern rock’ it could be a winner

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, The Jordanator said:

I’m expecting mainstream pop because that’s exactly what the daily star described LP9 to be. And they’ve not been wrong so far about Coldplay recently.Β 
Β 

I can’t get past the idea that a lot of synths will be used, not EDM per se but perhaps some artistic form of synths kinda like what we saw with Midnight. If you combined that with β€˜modern rock’ it could be a winner

Because that’s what Chris (Coldplay) wanted it, he described that the pop music isΒ eliminated (dead), so he choose to go back to old roots eraΒ cuz that’s what he wantedΒ and the new album LP9 with modern rock will be the new era for the first time.

Music of the Spheres is going to be epic like 45 by Shinedown, and with a lot of space rock music from X&Y. But, we’ll just have to wait until they confirmed it and check the news of Coldplay every day once a week.

Just let me know about thatΒ ?, Peace ??β˜€οΈ?

• Like 1

Yeah I feel like I can't really take Chris at his word of not doing "a conventional album" ever again. That could mean so much outside of genre and sound, and plus the guy just tends to say a lot of things that get misread. I'm more trusting of the supposed "studio exec" that claimed they'd release a more mainstream album in 2020.Β 

There's always a chance we're wrong and Music of the Spheres is LP9 and it's a crazy rock opera space odyssey... but even EL, for all of its "experiments" had Orphans and Cry Cry Cry. I just don't think Chris has it in his blood to put out an album without some huge swing for the Billboard Top 40.Β 

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I'm open to a pop album if the songwriting is really solid and the production is top notch.

Β 

Β 

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 1

Yeah pop is dead since last year before EL album was released on YouTube and yes Music of the Spheres will follow up toΒ modern rockΒ music for the first time when the time is right next yearΒ on my theory for them.Β Thank YouΒ 

??β˜€οΈ??

18 minutes ago, The Jordanator said:

Tbh he’s not wrong.

Although Pearl Jams new Gigaton album is pretty good.Β 

Yeah, rock is not trendyΒ anymore like it used to be but one doesn't always have to go with trends. And one could also argue rock was just as dead byΒ the year 2000...but then came along a band called Coldplay and put a new spin on it that inspired a whole new soft rock movement. It just takes someone to go forth...

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic