✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

19 minutes ago, stepstr said:

So, my guesses are the following: the online Glastonbury event will feature new stage design (lots of neon 'glow in the dark' I think) and we'll see new outfits in action. Also probably there'll be more than one new song, at least new show intro.

Could be some raw feeling but that's okay at the very beginning of an era (remember MX summer festivals when we didn't know what MX even meant and first leg of the AHFOD tour in South America).Β 

Β 

I really think the band will go this route this time around. They will play new songs we don’t know the name of yet.. which is fine!! Not many bands go about introducing new songs with a live version! I was here for the MX era.. I remember being quite disappointed with the album version of MX/HLH after hearing it live.Β 

1 hour ago, the_escapist said:

Max Martin = pop sounding music

Not sure how i feel about that to be honest, i've just quickly looked at some of the songs max martin has produced or co-writtenΒ ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is from "Crash Records" website:

With over 100m albums sold & 30 billion streams to date, the biggest band in the world are back with this irresistible pop anthem. Produced by Max Martin, Higher Power looks set to take over the airwaves and become the soundtrack to the summer! Available digitally and as a strictly limited edition, 1-track CD single.

7 minutes ago, United said:

This is from "Crash Records" website:

With over 100m albums sold & 30 billion streams to date, the biggest band in the world are back with this irresistible pop anthem. Produced by Max Martin, Higher Power looks set to take over the airwaves and become the soundtrack to the summer! Available digitally and as a strictly limited edition, 1-track CD single.

Probably gonna be a very Orphans/ASFOS-ish song "soundtrack to the summer" screams more pop-ish, happy, Coldplay song about love, and I'm so ok with that, with the year we just had and the light at the end of the tunnel I think it's exactly the type of Coldplay song to have during what would be the first normal summer in 2 years haha (Speaking as a Canadian here lol)

Edited by prco1994
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, prco1994 said:

Probably gonna be a very Orphans/ASFOS-ish song "soundtrack to the summer" screams more pop-ish, happy, Coldplay song about love, and I'm so ok with that, with the year we just had and the light at the end of the tunnel I think it's exactly the type of Coldplay song to have during what would be the firs tnormal summer in 2 years haha

little off topic, but here summer will still be anything but normal (northwest united states) my state is still very restrictive of what we can do ? the hope is that everything will be back to normal this fall or winter though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Teardrop said:

On the shop the litograph is to be released in June.

This makes me believe that we get the single May 7th and the Album drops in June with the same name.

Quite possible if the single is the album's title track and whe get a full "Higher Power" album announcement when the song is out May 7...Β 

Just now, Sonic85 said:

I feel for others in places that aren't ready to reopen. My state reopens fully on May 28 so this era is really gonna be tied into returning to normal life.Β 

Same for me, I am in Montreal, our province just announced vaccination for all as of tomorrow through May, so this is definitely gonna be a normal summer for us, I wish only but progress and good wishes to everyone else, this Coldplay era needs to be associated with the positives of coming out of this ugly time we've been in!

• Love 2

The merch is making it seem as if Higher Power will be the name of the album. So Music of the Spheres may be a future album?

Or is HP just the lead single and MOTS will be the album? It's just a bit confusing to me since there is a lithograph and clothing with Higher Power, just like other merch will full album art on them.

Thoughts??

To come back to the symbols theory, I now fully buy into one of the early theories, which is that they represent the singles.

I believe 4 symbols represent the singles and 1 the album.

Firstly, they are pretty much the only aspect of this whole concept that we haven't really cracked. The codes we deciphered, the signals and messages...all of them referred either to Higher Power or to the Coldplay universe, so we had the necessary context and keys to understand. But we haven't been able to crack the symbols properly. That must be because we don't have the elements to read them properly, meaning that this is about future, not past content.

Then, the symbols are shown in different orders. But that could mean either order on the tracklist or in order of release, so itΒ  makes sense to have them appear in different orders.

Now as for the specific symbols:

- The spiral, as user @CP-ESTΒ has pointed out, could actually refer to the notion of a higher power. This signal is at the bottom of the 5 symbols list on the single cover art (suggesting it's the first single?)

- The atoms, the infinity sign, the triangles : 3 other singles.

- The sparks : the sparks have appeared in different ways on the content we have seen. But what's interesting is that the spark/star appears separate from the rest on the alienradio website. Like it's a different link than the 4 other ones. This leads me to be believe it could perhaps symbolize the album. Also on the single cover art, it's at the top of the list!

Anyway, probably stating the obvious but i feel i can see more clearly now :laugh3:Β 

• Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021