✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

5 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Did I just get a 80's vibe?

I felt that too!! Love how it sounds ?

Have anyone here pre-ordered the cd single? Did you receive an email confirmation? I did the pre order yesterday but there’s nothing on my mail ?

1 minute ago, Aiko said:

Have anyone here pre-ordered the cd single? Did you receive an email confirmation? I did the pre order yesterday but there’s nothing on my mail ?

I did that too and haven't got any confirmation email either. I haven't ordered anything before from Coldplay store... I don't know what's going on?

Yeah, I'm a fan. I was skeptical with Max Martin producing, but this seems to be a very good mix of Coldplay and his pop-heavy style. If I had to guess, the singles will be dream pop, and I bet the other tracks are space rock (or in a similar vein).

I don't love the lyrics, but I knew that when the lyrics were first being teased. It's not a big deal. Really excited for next Friday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Does anyone also get 80s HLH on steroids? I'm getting MX vibes but like if MX was even better/what they wanted it to be

That's what I thought too. The production is much better than MXβ€”that's always been my biggest complaint with MX, it sounds muddledβ€”and it has that sort of eclectic energy HLH has.Β 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, getithom said:

That's what I thought too. The production is much better than MXβ€”that's always been my biggest complaint with MX, it sounds muddledβ€”and it has that sort of eclectic energy HLH has.Β 

Exactly, if they manage to make what they would have wanted MX to be with Ghost Stories or EL level production I'll be pleased.

This is only 15 seconds but I am getting massive 80s vibes, good production so far which means now I'm not longer cautiously optimistic and just optimistic lol!

11 years after MX if they manage to make the Mecha-MX I'll cry tears of joy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Does anyone also get 80s HLH on steroids? I'm getting MX vibes but like if MX was even better/what they wanted it to be

Yes!! ?❀️
Β 

7 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

I did that too and haven't got any confirmation email either. I haven't ordered anything before from Coldplay store... I don't know what's going on?

I Guess we just have to wait a couple of days for them to organize all the orders. I hope it’s that ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 42JTR said:

I love the vibe. It sounds really catchy 80s pop but with a real Coldplay signature! I bet there will be an awesome solo by JB somewhere near the end. So excited!Β 

I'm doing my best to imagine that there's an epic guitar solo by Jonny as a part ofΒ the middle eight, actually

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Exactly, if they manage to make what they would have wanted MX to be with Ghost Stories or EL level production I'll be pleased.

This is only 15 seconds but I am getting massive 80s vibes, good production so far which means now I'm not longer cautiously optimistic and just optimistic lol!

11 years after MX if they manage to make the Mecha-MX I'll cry tears of joy

Exactly my thoughts. I have a lot of hope for the album now.

It all sounds very much like MX part two!Β 

I think even better news is that NO WAY WILL WE BE WAITING FOR FULL LEAK OF HIGHER POWER UNTIL FRIDAY.
This will leak in a couple of days if you ask me...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 42JTR said:

I love the vibe. It sounds really catchy 80s pop but with a real Coldplay signature! I bet there will be an awesome solo by JB somewhere near the end. So excited!Β 

I’m waiting for that JB solo!! ????????

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I was fully aware we will be getting something really poppy immediately after seeing their new outfits. So im not disappointed at all. It's what could have been expected, fair enough.Β 

We are all going through really hard and strange times - thats why they defintely nailed it, after what we can judge from the snippet. It's all about about hope and looking forward to better and more shiny days. Thats what this song will deliver, for sure.Β 

As a side note: I'm pretty sure the new record will also please those who are more into the bands older stuff, with maybe 2 or 3 songs. But overall, a stadium and radio-friendly album is what should be expected - with some new influences as well. But they wont re-invent the wheel. And thats good! ?

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021