✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

It's about the taste if people like it or not, but Higher Power has hell of a strong production, that's not arguable! A bit reminds me Blinding Lights, but Higher Power has more dynamics, stronger drums and bass and overall more boost, at least in this clip. Hoping for some of the amazing Jonny's guitar elements though, to give it proper Coldplay vibe.

Very catchy, definitely need the whole song now!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I hear Hurts Like Heaven and Birds. I'm not gonna give up on this song just yet because Hurts Like Heaven and Birds are great. I can hear the 80s influence, with some A-ha sprinkled in because we know they're A-ha fans. I just want to hear that classic Jonny Buckland guitar hook and solo... hopefully he's in there somewhere.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It reminds a lot to Birds, which is a favorite of mine from AHFOD. It also gives me a lot of summer vibes.

I can also hear a bit of HLH at the end. If it is, it must likely have a nice instrumental bridge/part.

Overall, it sounds nice

Edit:

The more I listen to it, the more I love it! It is just so optimistic and energetic, one of the reasons why I love Birds And MX overall.

I can't wait for Friday to come!

Edited by Pokegleek
Further listen
  • Like 5

I get not liking it but I don’t understand why anyone was expecting rock for this lead single produced by prolific pop producer Max Martin (especially when Coldplay have always been pop anyway, the way people talk about rock here you’d think Coldplay’s first three albums were really heavy or something)

i like that it’s got a HLH/Birds vibe but with an 80s touch, hopefully there’s some great rifs on there and maybe some spacey type touches to it too

Edited by strawberrytom
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, United said:

Blinding Lights is a generic garbage. People talking about it like it's a decade's defining masterpice of a song like Bohemian Rhapsody or Wind Of Change.

Blinding Lights is not Bohemian Rhapsody but it's still a great song, better than a lot of hits we're hearing. And the production seems a lot better than Stargate with AHFOD. 

2 hours ago, Aiko said:

I felt that too!! Love how it sounds ?

Have anyone here pre-ordered the cd single? Did you receive an email confirmation? I did the pre order yesterday but there’s nothing on my mail ?

I did, the confirmation was in my spam folder. Did you check that? 

59 minutes ago, Eskapist said:

Blinding Lights no es Bohemian Rhapsody, pero sigue siendo una gran canción, mejor que muchos de los éxitos que estamos escuchando. Y la producción parece mucho mejor que Stargate con AHFOD. 

Blindint Lights is a cheap copy of take on. Even the riff is very the same.

Federico Vindver is credited in Higher Power. Didn't he post something related to Coldplay on his Instagram story at one point and people were speculating that it was a sign he was continuing to work with them? He previously worked on Everyday Life.

Denise Carite, who appeared in the Love Choir, is also credited.

And obviously the second Martin is Max Martin.

Screenshot_20210430-160027.png.769dee4fe2b056c17ab209514364a948.png

1 hour ago, strawberrytom said:

No me gusta, pero no entiendo por qué alguien esperaba rock para este sencillo principal producido por el prolífico productor de pop Max Martin (especialmente cuando Coldplay siempre ha sido pop de todos modos, la forma en que la gente habla de rock aquí, uno pensaría que Coldplay es el primero en hacerlo. tres álbumes eran realmente pesados o algo así)

Me gusta que tiene un ambiente HLH / Birds, pero con un toque de los 80, espero que haya algunos rif geniales allí y tal vez algunos toques de tipo espacial también.

Coldplay on their first four albums were definitely rock. MX Pop-rock and Ghost Stories is rare. AHFOD POPPPY. Everyday life It is an album I would say mixed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 42JTR said:

I love the vibe. It sounds really catchy 80s pop but with a real Coldplay signature! I bet there will be an awesome solo by JB somewhere near the end. So excited! 

Yessss!!! Jonny is going to shine in this song for sure :jonny:

• Like 3

By the way, hi everyone! It's so good to see so many Coldplayers around and that the forums are so alive it's a great time to be around for everyone! I was mainly active on Twitter (which has gone mad after the Alien Radio FM project (who is following me on Twitter!!!!) and all the teasers came) so I literally forgot to check on the forums :grin:

And of course I'm really looking forward to the release of their upcoming single on May 7 (of which most of us probably heard the 15 sec long snippet already).....

:vuvuzela: 

• Like 8

I nominate those symbols as internet rabbit hole of the week.

Someone suggested that each song on the new album may have one symbol assigned to it. The music of the spheres theory explains how the same geometrical concepts apply to both musical and cosmic harmony. Based on that, geometry could indeed be used to express or represent music.

On social media there are five symbols that have been featured more prominently than the others been so far: The 3 stars, spiral, infinity, triangle and the orbit symbol.

I focused on those 5 symbols for now. What I’ve found is that while they all have different meanings, each of them can be related back to astronomy as well as (ancient/sacred) geometry.

Something else that stood out to me was that, looking at their earlier meanings, these symbols have all been used in connection with religion, deity or other higher power.

Higher Power is most commonly thought of as a religion or a deity. However, theoretically it could refer to just about anything. This is where spirituality comes into play - Believing in a power that’s greater than ourselves can help us reach universal consciousness.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gideon_Mx said:

And of course I'm really looking forward to the release of their upcoming single on May 7 (of which most of us probably heard the 15 sec long snippet already).....

Hmm, snippets are being taken down. I mean, it was through a legit source wasnt it? 

Edited by jc90
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Ooo really!?

I think so yes. The original is still available :smiley2:

The orignal was the facebook post? I just see ppl ripping it and hosting on other sites.

9 minutes ago, jc90 said:

The orignal was the facebook post? I just see ppl ripping it and hosting on other sites.

Yes, I assumed the Facebook post was the original one and it's still available. The funny thing is that it's pretty damn hard to find! I'm lucky to have found the link to have access to the snippet on Coldplay's Facebook page.

Edited by Gideon_Mx

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021