✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Wanted to go in blind thus I didn't listen to the musical snippet however once the full songs releases, I'll be sure to type what I think about it.

Music is definitely subjective though. I distinctly remember when Coldplay was rallying behind the initial release of Magic... I thought that song was alright but felt it wasn't as major of a song that they did. If I were them I would've been pushing for True Love. That's all the past though and just me chiming in my thoughts.

10 minutes ago, jainharshul96 said:

How come there are lyrics for Higher Power on Genius.com?

Seems the mp3 has already leaked ?

How's that possible.. but those pre-chorus and bridge lyrics really scares me to be honest

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, charliefix said:

How's that possible.. but those pre-chorus and bridge lyrics really scares me to be honest

Not gonna lie... same here, but... we can´t really tell...yet...trying to be optimistic here... ??

Don't Panic... right?! 

I think the pre-chorus lyrics sound as they do because they are doubled by backing vocals of the For Love choir (in brackets). As for the bridge, I don't know.

So yeah, overall the lyrics aren't great, but we'll have to wait see how they work within the context of the music.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

I really like these lyrics, my shoe is untied is a favourite, so funny, like that side of Chris, like in boring songs, the show they did for bbc. It is a shame thought that the scientist will probably be their most beautiful song ever, but maybe, who knows, they will make a song as simple on surface yet so strong and beautiful 

Do they usually release songs earlier for critics and radio stations, in preparation of the launch? If so, someone could've leaked the lyrics.

On the German rollingstone website there's an article stating the record label suggested there'll be a tour in late 2021, around the same time when the album will be released, and another single inbetween higher power and the album.

Music of The Spheres, or Musica Universalis is an ancient philosophical concept originated by Pythagoras and his followers. It does not resonate sounds you hear every day, but an idea to represent the metaphysical and religious concept of the earth’s relationship to other planets, so “that the divine and poetic order of the universe could be known.”

There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres…If earthly objects such as strings or pieces of metal make sounds when put in motion, so too must the Moon, the planets, the Sun and even the highest stars. As these heavenly objects are forever in motion, orbiting the Earth, surely they must be forever producing sound.

~ Phythagoras, The Mystery of Matter

The Musiza Universalis would have later attributed a fundamental base to the connection between music, mathematics, and astronomy. Its idea fascinated all intellectuals in different fields, notably Stephen Hawking’s modern String Theory as “theory of everything” to the universe.

dang it! i just logged on and found out that i'd missed out on a snippet... ? (dm me with an archived link or something pleeease) but i'm so pumped for whatever is coming next

Edit: yea i saw the Genius lyrics and i agree they don't seem great at first glance but i'm excited for what the For Love choir has to bring to the table on this one

Edited by hamblingreen

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021