✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

It's different from the 15 sec clip. Seems like this is the first chorus. And the lyrics from Genius is spot on as well (at least for the part on the clip):

"I've got my hands up, shaking just to let you know

[Chorus]
That you've got a higher power
Got me singing every second
Dancing every hour..."

Edited by Revolverwin
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

A new clipΒ with video of Chris Martin at Worthy Form was just posted to tiktok.Β It’s about 25 seconds long.Β 
Β 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe472fRJ/

To be clear, this clip features Chris singing Higher Power, so be sure to avoid it if, like me, you're waiting for the full song to drop before listening... I heard a full second before I realised what was going on and quickly closed it down!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MartyMcFly1 said:

Anyone else notice Rik is left off the liner notes?Β 

I think it's because of Max Martin's role in the song. We know he's still working because the photos he's shared on instagram hint at him working in the studio. I think it's just for this particular song.

• Like 2

Probably not the most positive thing to post but I'm starting to feel this album won't be the one for me. It seems Coldplay has a pattern of being very poppy, then very artsy. One for them, the record label and all that, and then one for the band.. basically playingΒ whatever they want.

I like the artsy Coldplay. They got Max Martin to produce and that guy is responsible for just about every #1 hit in America but that's not really a good thing to me. In fact, one may argue that music here, at least in the top 50, has become very homogenized and all sounding very much similar to one another. I could be wrong, it might surprise me. But I wasn't a big fan of AHFOD compared to one of their more artsy albums and I have a feeling this album is "one for them, the label."

Β 

I'm sure I'll love the companion EP though. ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

When the band was literally apologetic for creating EL, I knew then that they no longer have the intentions of creating the kind of material that had meΒ fall in love with their music. It’s now about being commercial and getting that number one hit song by using already established and mainstream formulas. I guess I’m officially an Oldplayer.Β 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Lobabe said:

Probably not the most positive thing to post but I'm starting to feel this album won't be the one for me. It seems Coldplay has a pattern of being very poppy, then very artsy. One for them, the record label and all that, and then one for the band.. basically playingΒ whatever they want.

I like the artsy Coldplay. They got Max Martin to produce and that guy is responsible for just about every #1 hit in America but that's not really a good thing to me. In fact, one may argue that music here, at least in the top 50, has become very homogenized and all sounding very much similar to one another. I could be wrong, it might surprise me. But I wasn't a big fan of AHFOD compared to one of their more artsy albums and I have a feeling this album is "one for them, the label."

Β 

I'm sure I'll love the companion EP though. ?

I can tell you oldplayers are NOTΒ happy my friend!

• Like 1

Yeah, that's definitely a pattern, and it seems like a lot of long term fans prefer the more artsy albums.
I wouldn't necessarily call it one for the label, one for the band. Everyday life got hardly any promo and still sold quite well. Plus i'm pretty sure the band wouldn't release an album they didn't fully believe in themselves. With them being one of the biggest acts around they hold the cards rather than the label, I'm pretty sure any other label would be quick to sign them even if they decided to abandon the mainstream stuff. So I assume the band actually enjoy being more mainstream nowadays, including the big stadium tours, tv shows like American idol etc. Of course the label wouldn't discourage it either.

Personally, I love the 80s revival trend. I love some of coldplay's mainstream songs like something just like this, others like a sky full of stars not so much. On average, I also prefer their more artsy albums. With all the hype and promo that's been happening my expectations are definitely very high for the next album.

• Like 7

Lmao people jumping at expectations that this is going to be AHFOD 2.0 where they sell out - that's not going to happen. Max Martin is likely a one-off producer for the hit single because he doesn't really do albums, just hits. This concept was in the works since 2009, the post-Viva era - guess which other album was in the works by then? Everyday Life. There's a chance that Jon Hopkins might be coming back, as well as Brian Eno. There's a chance that the talented Jacob Collier might be on it - if so, then we're in for a great album.Β 

34 minutes ago, JASON_B said:

When the band was literally apologetic for creating EL, I knew then that they no longer have the intentions of creating the kind of material that had meΒ fall in love with their music. It’s now about being commercial and getting that number one hit song by using already established and mainstream formulas. I guess I’m officially an Oldplayer.Β 

Also, this is pretty inaccurate. The band creates whatever they want to because they love creating music, bonding with people, and connecting the world - even in their most inaccessible album, the one that sold the least, they expressed that very sentiment. Stop judging that they're all about the money because they're still clearly very passionate not about the money but about the music and the fans.

Also, it's 15 seconds. You can go ahead a judge the song when it releases on Friday but please refrain from unwarranted criticism and nitpicking until then. And please stop judging the album based on the first single.

In addition, I'd say this is the most confident the band have felt in years. The promotion, hype, and confidence with which they're speaking tells me that this might not be just a commercially acclaimed but a critically acclaimed album as well. Just a feeling.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Lmao people jumping at expectations that this is going to be AHFOD 2.0 where they sell out - that's not going to happen. Max Martin is likely a one-off producer for the hit single because he doesn't really do albums, just hits. This concept was in the works since 2009, the post-Viva era - guess which other album was in the works by then? Everyday Life. There's a chance that Jon Hopkins might be coming back, as well as Brian Eno. There's a chance that the talented Jacob Collier might be on it - if so, then we're in for a great album.Β 

Also, this is pretty inaccurate. The band creates whatever they want to because they love creating music, bonding with people, and connecting the world - even in their most inaccessible album, the one that sold the least, they expressed that very sentiment. Stop judging that they're all about the money because they're still clearly very passionate not about the money but about the music and the fans.

Also, it's 15 seconds. You can go ahead a judge the song when it releases on Friday but please refrain from unwarranted criticism and nitpicking until then. And please stop judging the album based on the first single.

In addition, I'd say this is the most confident the band have felt in years. The promotion, hype, and confidence with which they're speaking tells me that this might not be just a commercially acclaimed but a critically acclaimed album as well. Just a feeling.

I mostly agree. It's only a 15 second snippet, this song could be epic and we won't have any idea until Friday comes. Max Martin is likely the producer of this single and if an album followsΒ then he likely has no involvement. They could easily treat us with some epic tracks, let's not jump to conclusions yet!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, stephen said:

I mostly agree. It's only a 15 second snippet, this song could be epic and we won't have any idea until Friday comes. Max Martin is likely the producer of this single and if an album followsΒ then he likely has no involvement. They could easily treat us with some epic tracks, let's not jump to conclusions yet!

This.

As far as we're concerned the song could be much better than what we'veΒ heard. Perhaps it could be the next Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, which (in my opinion) is a very good thing, as that song gets pretty unstoppable by the end and gains a lot of (musical) momentum, if you will, almost like the ending of the 12" version of Temptation by New Order or the end of Station To Station by David Bowie.

• Like 4

Decided to share this however it might be pulled when the video officially launches.

In the meantime, I'm watching ABC'S GMA morning show with my camera in video mode and I'll try my best to share the recap of the Coldplay American Idol highlights of yesterday. The segment haven't aired yet but have a feeling they'll gush about it.

*POTENTIALLY FAKE BUT LINK REMOVED JUST IN CASE*

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

43 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

Decided to share this however it might be pulled when the video officially launches.

In the meantime, I'm watching ABC'S GMA morning show with my camera in video mode and I'll try my best to share the recap of the Coldplay American Idol highlights of yesterday. The segment haven't aired yet but have a feeling they'll gush about it.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wait... what is this you're sharing? Lol gives the impression it's the full song, are you just sharing snippets?

• Haha 1

Tbh I think I will love this new single and the new album even if it follows Higher Power direction. Right now charts are full of catchy songs and I like a bunch of them, I mean, they put you in a good mood and make you sing out loud. Being that the case why not enjoying those kind of songs but from my favorite band! Maybe it won't be a musical 'master piece' but for sure I will freaking enjoy singing it in the car!

And I still have old Coldplay songs for those 'Oldplay' daysΒ ?

Β 

• Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eddmen said:

Tbh I think I will love this new single and the new album even if it follows Higher Power direction. Right now charts are full of catchy songs and I like a bunch of them, I mean, they put you in a good mood and make you sing out loud. Being that the case why not enjoying those kind of songs but from my favorite band! Maybe it won't be a musical 'master piece' but for sure I will freaking enjoy singing it in the car!

Β 

I love the way you think. You are an oldplayer at heart but also are accepting of the β€œpop/newplay” sounds. I have been a fan and member since 2004 and the Coldplay direction has been a rollercoaster ride. Once you learn to evolve with the band, you will enjoy anything ourΒ band puts out. Β We need songs to dance and sing to right now... Β and this new album will hopefully deliver ?

• Love 14

5 minutes ago, eddmen said:

Β 

I think maybe they've peaked with that "old" style and perhaps they know it as well. Like how coud you possibly top songs like Fix You or even Viva La Vida? They have to try new things and I'm onboard ?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Wait... what is this you're sharing? Lol gives the impression it's the full song, are you just sharing snippets?

I'm not the uploader nor the creator.. we'll have to see when the timer ceases and it launches

Mini update: GMAΒ covered Billy Eilish sexy photos for the music or entertainment segment so it's less likely we'll see them talking about Coldplay and American idol. I'll keep watch just to be sure.

• Love 3

In other news... Anyone wake up to see how the Gaga fans are accusing Coldplay of plagiarism? Gotta say it was nice to wake up to a good laugh! Anyone remind them MX cameΒ out way before Chromatica? lol... Also, they're under the impression Kaotica is the name of the album copying "Chromatica" when actually it seems to be one of the "spheres" from MOTS

Edited by prco1994
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

In other news... Anyone wake up to see how the Gaga fans are accusing Coldplay of plagiarism? Gotta say it was nice to wake up to a good laugh! Anyone remind them MX cameΒ out way before Chromatica? lol... Also, they're under the impression Kaotica is the name of the album copying "Chromatica" when actually it seems to be one of the "spheres" from MOTS

I'm very much out of the loop here but... are they saying it's plagiarism based on the fact that the two words ...rhyme? and both start with a K-sound? lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021