✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I finally found the tiktok and reddit snippets and I've already got Higher Power stuck in my head. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna love this song. (after all, etiaw is one of my favorites <3)

edit: i totally was wrong about the lyrics leaked onto Genius. i thought they were fake, but can you really blame me for thinking that? also great job on the new themes, mods. love it!

Edited by hamblingreen
i stand corrected!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

I'm very much out of the loop here but... are they saying it's plagiarism based on the fact that the two words ...rhyme? and both start with a K-sound? lmao

Correct, also the use of "symbols" which MX did first might I add, as well as the "space and planet" theme

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

I'm very much out of the loop here but... are they saying it's plagiarism based on the fact that the two words ...rhyme? and both start with a K-sound? lmao

Β 

• Haha 5
  • Wow 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

And because they both end with ''tica''.

Just now, Doomotron said:

I do love it when the super-rich get angry at each other.

I mean... I could bet money that Gaga doesn't even know about this and Coldplay wouldn't be mad... More like I love it when a rabid fandom gets angry at another one that couldn't care lessΒ 

• Like 4

I hadn't even thought of the Chromatica comparison! Kind of a fun nod to Gaga if it becomes a bigger part of this era. I think the problem is that we know the album will likely be called "Music of the Spheres" not Kaotica. Ofc that won't stop people on Twitter from raging.Β 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TealAppeal said:

GMA didn't talk about it. Oh well.

Least I found this new image from the American Idol episode.

Β 

20210503_085533.jpg

He looks like he's a 25 year old man trying to be hip with the kids in a skatepark in the 80s, but I think that's what he's going for.Β ?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

He looks like he's a 25 year old man trying to be hip with the kids in a skatepark in the 80s, but I think that's what he's going for.Β ?

Same energy

images (3).jpeg

• Haha 14

About this Chromatica - Kaotica case. Tried to follow it a bit.

It's sometimes interesting to follow this side of the music fanaticism (or fanaticism in general), where things get toxic and hateful. It shows there is a lot of passion, which is good, but at the same time it shows people being overly obsessed with something to unhealthy amounts and it's sad, scary and immature.

Also it shows again, how easy it is to make a case of something on InternetΒ with half truths or false informationΒ and people will believe it without giving it a doubt.

In this case these immature Gaga's fans are just doing some free promotion for Coldplay, so in my opinionΒ reaction from Coldplay fans to these Gaga fansΒ should be: "LOVE.Β Don't worry, you will be more matureΒ someday."

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 2

I'm absolutely fascinated by the confidence going into Higher Power. It seems the record label is really wanting to push big marketing on this. I know that the band has a lot of say over the creative ideas, like Alien Radio and ultimately the art and vibe of the music, but clearlyΒ Warner Music Group/Parlaphone probably help schedule and fund performances like American Idol, Glastonbury, BRIT Awards etc.Β 

Compared to EL this feels like a lot of money is behind it and that execs are confident Higher Power will be a huge smash. Of course as a fan, i get nervous because I know I'll probably like it but critics love to lampoon Coldplay at every chance they get. I also wonder at what point with a new hit single by Coldplay just not vibe with the general public... Their last record-breaking song was SJLT, but we can largely attribute that to the Chainsmokers being a pretty big artist in 2017... which is partly why I wonder if Higher Power is gonna have a BTS remix dropping soon... Sorry for all the business talk, gang. I'm just interested on how these big money decisions are made. Ultimately I'm most excited about dancing to this song by myself.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ciaA26 said:

I literally cannot get Higher Power out of my head, and that's just a 20 second snippet. This song is going to be absolutely huge.

Yeah I caved and decide to listen to the 25 second clip. I wanted to wait for the full songs release but my eagerness got the best of me.

Like the musical nods to 80s music however I'll have to let the clip rest in my noggin before I can form a strongΒ opinion.

It has been great to post in the, rank-the-albums-the-ultimate-ranking-based-on-your-song-scores thread. Gave me a chance to know what aspects I'm not as fond of as well asΒ elements I adore in Coldplay's songs. If you have the time I encourage y'all to partake.Β 

1 minute ago, TealAppeal said:

Yeah I caved and decide to listen to the 25 second clip. I wanted to wait for the full songs release but my eagerness got the best of me.

Like the musical nods to 80s music however I'll have to let the clip rest in my noggin before I can form a strongΒ opinion.

It has been great to post in the, rank-the-albums-the-ultimate-ranking-based-on-your-song-scores thread. Gave me a chance to know what aspects I'm not as fond of as well asΒ elements I adore in Coldplay's songs. If you have the time I encourage y'all to partake.Β 

If you have a link, count me in ?

New music, new perspectives.

I don't have a strong opinion on it yet but I think this new era could be a more stripped back version of "Mylo Xyloto".

To all of you who feel skeptical on this new sound just imagine if 'Birds" was released as the first single off LP7.

That would have been weird.

Edited by Jdckcom
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jdckcom said:

New music, new perspectives.

I don't have a strong opinion on it yet but I think this new era could be a more stripped back version of "Mylo Xyloto".

To all of you who feel skeptical on this new sound just imagine if 'Birds" was released as the first single off LP7.

That would have been weird.

I agree with this,Β yet Birds is a BRILLIANT songΒ whether you like it or not. IMO (one of) the best on AHFOD.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Coldplay arrives with this album at the end of the era of the 80s vibe. Because if I remember correctly, the strokes started this with their album Angles, which stopped in the middle of this era due to the arrival of the funk daft punk album. But then I return to this vibe in a funk and electrosynth hybrid way. I would say that there is a time coming when music is not so inorganic and more than 70 when it comes to pop music. Examples: Dua lipa on her latest album. Taylor swift and his not so organic album, Bruno mars and his recent single. There is also a boom in independent artists, it is the case on Instagram that have that disco vibe. I'd say this 80s vibe is wearing off. Maybe Coldplay will come out on top of the wave.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021